Attention CAMC members (2 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Make the most of all resources during this pandemic and at £1 a week why worry about discounts or the way others choose to book? Life is short ..enjoy it whilst you can .
I agree its only £1 per week to be a member of either club, its the discrepancies between the two that need to be addressed. Taking a deposit up front for the reasons I gave before, surely makes it fairer for all, as well as better commercial sense.
Life is too short, that's why I will not continue to support a club that doesn't address a problem that can be easily fixed, and it wouldn't take much to do either.
If we all got on side with this sensible solution to stop people over booking sites that they probably will not attend on their given dates, this problem could be eradicated or eased at least.
Best wishes.
LES

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I agree its only £1 per week to be a member of either club, its the discrepancies between the two that need to be addressed. Taking a deposit up front for the reasons I gave before, surely makes it fairer for all, as well as better commercial sense.
Life is too short, that's why I will not continue to support a club that doesn't address a problem that can be easily fixed, and it wouldn't take much to do either.
If we all got on side with this sensible solution to stop people over booking sites that they probably will not attend on their given dates, this problem could be eradicated or eased at least.
Best wishes.
LES
I would probably give up motorhoming if I had to pay a non-refundable deposit on every booking I make.
I like some flexibility in my life!

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I think being able to book sites 12 months in advance with no deposit is excessive and a number of people seem to abuse this as there is no financial come back. I've also noticed sites are becoming more expensive and difficult to book, the latter because of the advanced booking "feature".
I have renewed the membership but will not ask for a free night because personally I think that is pettiness but I will look at the C&CC also.
The C&MC do seem to be investing a lot in upgrading sites and I would think there are a lot of fixed costs involved even if the sites are closed due to the covid situation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shakti Yoni

Free Member
Oct 17, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
several years
I'm one of the silent majority of members who appreciate being able to book without a deposit. Popular sites get booked up well in advance whether club or independent.
The fact that the club haven't changed the booking system shows that it works well and that there aren't swathes of empty pitches due to cancelled bookings.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I'm one of the silent majority of members who appreciate being able to book without a deposit. Popular sites get booked up well in advance whether club or independent.
The fact that the club haven't changed the booking system shows that it works well and that there aren't swathes of empty pitches due to cancelled bookings.
But there are loads of empty pitches on sites when the booking system is showing full,,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I would probably give up motorhoming if I had to pay a non-refundable deposit on every booking I make.
I like some flexibility in my life!
Thats why i love Europe because i never ever book any sites, just turn up,,BUSBY.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
But there are loads of empty pitches on sites when the booking system is showing full,,,BUSBY.
I don't recollect there being loads of empty pitches when staying on a site and the booking system shows full. One or two free pitches maybe.
Having said that I can only specifically comment on the one site on which I'm staying at that time but I've seen this on, at least, three \ four occasions.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I don't recollect there being loads of empty pitches when staying on a site and the booking system shows full. One or two free pitches maybe.
Having said that I can only specifically comment on the one site on which I'm staying at that time but I've seen this on, at least, three \ four occasions.
Walked on to Rowntree Park in York for a nose a few times,,never ever been able to book a pitch in there but always a few empties when I have nosed,,Same with Chatsworth,,,stayed on it years ago,,, supposedly full but few empty.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
There certainly wasn't last year on all the sites we went to. They even kept grass pitches open longer than usual to cater for the demand.
Unusual year 2020,,,not many crossed the channel so if they were not full then they never will be.BUSBY.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Just got a response to my last email and guess what its peddling more bullsh@t and it ends with a F@ck You’ if you want to leave

Good afternoon Dave

Thank you for your response.

Your feedback has been noted by our senior managers and it has been logged in line with our complaints procedure.

By renewing your membership last year it has enabled us to continue to provide you, your monthly magazine; the latest Sites Directory and Handbook; maintaining our Contact Centre open hours; investment in campsite redevelopments - including a significant upgrade to the broadband infrastructure; continuing to provide you with member offers for use whilst at home or touring.

We are hugely grateful to all the members who have continued to support the Club in what has been unprecedented circumstances. Your support has also ensured the Club will be to reopen its campsites across the country as soon as the current lockdown restrictions are lifted.

However, if you feel you have not received the most value from your membership and cannot see a need for it in the coming year then we will be sorry to see you leave.

Kind Regards,

Email Support Team
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA

I know what I want to say in response but is there anything anyone has to add before I do ?

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Just got a response to my last email and guess what its peddling more bullsh@t and it ends with a F@ck You’ if you want to leave

Good afternoon Dave

Your feedback has been noted by our senior managers and it has been logged in line with our complaints procedure.

By renewing your membership last year it has enabled us to continue to provide you, your monthly magazine; the latest Sites Directory and Handbook; maintaining our Contact Centre open hours; investment in campsite redevelopments - including a significant upgrade to the broadband infrastructure; continuing to provide you with member offers for use whilst at home or touring.

We are hugely grateful to all the members who have continued to support the Club in what has been unprecedented circumstances. Your support has also ensured the Club will be to reopen its campsites across the country as soon as the current lockdown restrictions are lifted.

However, if you feel you have not received the most value from your membership and cannot see a need for it in the coming year then we will be sorry to see you leave.

Kind Regards,

Email Support Team

I know what I want to say in response but is there anything anyone has to add before I do ?
I expect nothing less from them,,just goes to show they really don’t care,,,

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Not gloating at all ....... 🤣

A00D4CED-812C-4195-BAE8-5741B2D5688D.jpeg

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Well i contacted them on the 3rd March regarding a voucher for compensation due to unable to use the sites over past year. I had renewed my membership on the 28th Feb. Very polite and friendly conversation and they said i would go on a list for further consideration. Did not hold out much hope. Pleasant surprise today i received a one night voucher.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
I had a similar reply to Otter Spotter. After some toing-and-froing, I said I would probably not renew.

Their answer was “we have cancelled your renewal next month. Make sure you cancel your Direct Debit.”

So I have!

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I had a similar reply to Otter Spotter. After some toing-and-froing, I said I would probably not renew.

Their answer was “we have cancelled your renewal next month. Make sure you cancel your Direct Debit.”

So I have!
exactly the response i got so i cancelled

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014

That is a bizarre response from an organisation that claims that it's trying to attract members.

We were considering joining this year mainly for the CL network. Thinking twice about it now!

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
That is a bizarre response from an organisation that claims that it's trying to attract members.

We were considering joining this year mainly for the CL network. Thinking twice about it now!
They have been backed into a corner and have alienated a large number of customers. In some cases these members have been with them for over 30 year’s . It’s interesting that the higher the complaint is escalated the more arrogant the response becomes .

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
My response to their last email which implies they have a complaints procedure ? and senior Managers have been notified ;-

Thanks to who ever sent me this last email, Can I firstly ask you to take a look at the photo

Copy of a voucher

This voucher was sent to a long standing member of the club because she asked for it taking account of the Covid enforced break from Motorhoming and who was disappointed with the club for their stance on rewarding loyalty. This completely disproves the recent lies spouted by Tina MacNaughton.

I see that you have forwarded my emails to 'Senior Managers' inline with your complaints procedure and with that I assume matters are being escalated which is good, but I would therefore expect a copy of those procedures and an formal acknowledgement that the complaint is going to be investigated and confirmation of the investigators identity for correspondence purposes. I look forward to hearing from them shortly.

What I do object to is no one has bothered to sign this last email and the last line which can only be read as a thinly veiled 'Get lost if you want to '!

Yours

Lets see if I hear anything more

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
My response to their last email which implies they have a complaints procedure ? and senior Managers have been notified ;-

Thanks to who ever sent me this last email, Can I firstly ask you to take a look at the photo

Copy of a voucher

This voucher was sent to a long standing member of the club because she asked for it taking account of the Covid enforced break from Motorhoming and who was disappointed with the club for their stance on rewarding loyalty. This completely disproves the recent lies spouted by Tina MacNaughton.

I see that you have forwarded my emails to 'Senior Managers' inline with your complaints procedure and with that I assume matters are being escalated which is good, but I would therefore expect a copy of those procedures and an formal acknowledgement that the complaint is going to be investigated and confirmation of the investigators identity for correspondence purposes. I look forward to hearing from them shortly.

What I do object to is no one has bothered to sign this last email and the last line which can only be read as a thinly veiled 'Get lost if you want to '!

Yours

Lets see if I hear anything more
I hope you are not getting me into trouble 😟

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
After nearly 40 years, I think this is going to be my last year with the CAMC. Their attitude towards this is similar to their attitude towards allowing a pay service for MHs to access service points. The only reasons I’ve ever seen basically translate as it would be to much trouble for the staff.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
One or two free pitches maybe.
I was told by the Barnsdale wardens that they always keep a couple of pitches free just in-case... of mechanical failure and/or bollard trouble.

Good afternoon Dave

Kind Regards,

Email Support Team

I got a very similar email - I courteously replied that all the ancillary benefits they were touting weren't of any value to me...
In the meanwhile my auto renewal went through... then I got this reply;
"I can see that you have chosen to renew your membership and support our club for another year, lets hope we can all get out and about soon.
I've ordered you a site night voucher as a thank you,"

So, perhaps it's the way you ask, or [like insurance claims] never accept the first refusal.

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
I would like to know the truth about this which is what I asked for in my e-mail to them on the 5th March . The reply blamed an internal miscommunication which covers a multitude of sins. I suspect that with staff working from home they have individually interpreted an internal e-mail differently . If that is the case I would welcome someone stating that . I appreciate supervision is difficult when staff are not in an office and I can fully understand a member of staff feeling entitled to offer a free site night voucher to a member threatening to leave . I like Caravan and Motorhome Club sites but this debacle has changed my opinion of how Headquarters operate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back