M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Confident of the honesty of members of this Forum I'm sure everyone holding a 'miscommunicated Site Night Voucher' will now be destroying it as a gesture of good will to those unfortunate members who were refused one.

I’m more likely to take a photo of me using it as payment and posting the picture.

:roflmto:

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Confident of the honesty of members of this Forum I'm sure everyone holding a 'miscommunicated Site Night Voucher' will now be destroying it as a gesture of good will to those unfortunate members who were refused one.

Dream on - some of us are just luckier than others 😂
(y)
I will be declining to use my voucher! Fact.

I may of been less sure if I'd got one :think:

Sep 2, 2017
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Reply to my last email
Good afternoon Vincent
Thank you for your email.
In order to help continue to drive interest and growth in The Club and touring holidays, we offered a Site Night Voucher to new joiners during January and February this year. Growing our membership is so important to ensure the organisation is here for everyone in years to come, so that it can continue to support its members by offering them the largest network of quality campsites and all the other benefits and savings membership offers for the years’ ahead.

This promotion was not available to current members or on renewal and we can only apologise for an internal miscommunication that has caused this confusion. Just to clarify that we are no longer running the new joiners promotion and this finished 28 February 2021.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Tina Macnaughton
Email Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Reply to my last email
Good afternoon Vincent
Thank you for your email.
In order to help continue to drive interest and growth in The Club and touring holidays, we offered a Site Night Voucher to new joiners during January and February this year. Growing our membership is so important to ensure the organisation is here for everyone in years to come, so that it can continue to support its members by offering them the largest network of quality campsites and all the other benefits and savings membership offers for the years’ ahead.

This promotion was not available to current members or on renewal and we can only apologise for an internal miscommunication that has caused this confusion. Just to clarify that we are no longer running the new joiners promotion and this finished 28 February 2021.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Tina Macnaughton
Email Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome Club
East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA
Liars,,,BUSBY.

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Same here fobbed off with a condescending email direct debit
cancelled goodbye CAMC

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Looks like pitch availability will increase for those not cancelling...

Animated GIF

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Ours is cancelled for the foreseeable, I can't see the point in paying.

They need to pay less to the patrons, especially The Duke of Edinburgh (like he'd ever stay in a caravan on a site) & maybe finances would be manageable.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
I got nothing today, not even a sniff of any offer.
when I started on chat, all I got was a cut and paste statement from the site saying how great it was that as members our generosity in these times helped keep the club going for the benefit of all ....blah, blah, blah.
When i’d finished reading it and queried, that’s it, no recompense and I can’t book anywhere as you allow everybody to book up whether they are going to use it or not, the response I got was that I could have and can book up to a year in advance.
I advised that I will be cancelling my membership then and was about to ask howto cancel as searches throw up nothing about cancellation when the chat was ended.
So direct debit is no more and they can swivel. We are fortunate that there was only really one site we used and there are a few CS close by instead but a disappointing response to say the least.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I got nothing today, not even a sniff of any offer.
when I started on chat, all I got was a cut and paste statement from the site saying how great it was that as members our generosity in these times helped keep the club going for the benefit of all ....blah, blah, blah.
When i’d finished reading it and queried, that’s it, no recompense and I can’t book anywhere as you allow everybody to book up whether they are going to use it or not, the response I got was that I could have and can book up to a year in advance.
I advised that I will be cancelling my membership then and was about to ask howto cancel as searches throw up nothing about cancellation when the chat was ended.
So direct debit is no more and they can swivel. We are fortunate that there was only really one site we used and there are a few CS close by instead but a disappointing response to say the least.

Did you have any nice bookings that will now be cancelled, hoping to add a few more to the diary.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Did you have any nice bookings that will now be cancelled, hoping to add a few more to the diary.
LOL

No, couldn’t get booked into the site we used to use as it was booked up until July.
Sad thing is, talking to the previous wardens they lose a load of bookings in the last couple of days before they are due and even have numerous people just not turn up.
Going to one of our favourite CS latter half of April instead, Lakes and Fells at the bottom end of Windermere.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
FWIW replied to me contact with:
Trustpilot feed back is:
Thank you for your feedback. For data protection reasons I'm unable to disclose full information about other members but it seems some site night vouchers may have been sent as a gesture of goodwill, unrelated to the topic of renewal. However there was a site night voucher promotion for new members, we can only apologise for the internal miscommunication that has caused this confusion

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I had a week booked in Durham in april,,that will be vacant now.BUSBY.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Only if you ask for it but as you joined during a lockdown knowing they were closed I doubt you will get it.
When you posted I was in agreement with you so this came as a bit of a surprise in this mornings post. (y) :Grin:.

I had better make the most of it so I'm looking for the most expensive night :ROFLMAO: .

IMG_2917.JPG

Last edited:

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
At a £1 a week membership cost and site closure ( and upgrades!) due to a Pandemic I am surprised there is so much anti CAMC here.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I had a week booked in Durham in april,,that will be vacant now.BUSBY.
Just looked on line at a site near Durham on the coast..Swimming pool etc,,80 quid cheaper than my cancelled booking with the club☺️ BUSBY.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Just looked on line at a site near Durham on the coast..Swimming pool etc,,80 quid cheaper than my cancelled booking with the club☺️ BUSBY.
Hope its an indoor one, always rains when Im up that way

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
At a £1 a week membership cost and site closure ( and upgrades!) due to a Pandemic I am surprised there is so much anti CAMC here.
So expecting all members to be treated the same and asking for a little consistency is “anti CAMC “ ? I am confused here. Nobody asked them to start issuing vouchers . This is a mess they created !

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
So expecting all members to be treated the same and asking for a little consistency is “anti CAMC “ ? I am confused here. Nobody asked them to start issuing vouchers . This is a mess they created !
Wonder how many membership cancellations this has cost them? It has done me a favour really because in the last twenty years I have probably only spent four weeks total on their sites and I did book the tunnel through them last year. BUSBY.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am now glad we cancelled our CMC a year ago, straw that broke the camels back was the news of the Baltic Wharf Bristol site closing as that's the only site we ever booked at Christmas time, took our chances with other sites at various times of the year for a night or two, when touring, but never a week.
I will not think about re-joining unless they can offer the same facilities that The CCC offer, i.e over 60 discount, the offer of extended membership whilst sites are closed,& last but very important to stop abuse.....Take a deposit for every booking made.
Fed up seeing empty pitches when the site has advised they are fully booked, I bet I am not the only one.

I know many prefer to use CL's which we would if they are not too far out from towns or attractions, as like many we dont need a shower block, or a swimming pool/kids play area, so would expect to get a much reduced pitch fee.

Statements from The CMC similar to, "we need all our members to maintain their membership, pay their dues especially during the last 12 months of lock down, so we can continue to offer our sites & facilities well into the future makes me angry".
If the indies can survive through these times, then so can The CMC. The likely thanks you will get for continuing your membership will be even greater pitch fees every year on year, which arguably are already too high & not affordable to many, even some long term "loyal" members, to which it must feel like a slap in the face to some.

With their No Deposit on-line site booking system showing that all sites are fully booked, without a deposit being taken, there is no chance that they will introduce some of the offers we occasionally see from indie sites, in low season, like 4 nights for 3, or 7 nights for 6 etc.
I have never heard the reason why The CMC are so scared of taking deposits, especially in the busy months, they must build the cost of the no shows into their sites overall costs, therefore making the ones that do turn up cover the losses for those that dont?...just a thought:unsure:

If we feel the need to join a club in the future it will probably be The CCC because of their additional offerings like THS in the summer & last but not least reduced Digital Membership Costs. They just seem to think things through better than The CMC does, is it complacency or what, time The CMC did take notice IMHO.
Happy travels to all, when we are allowed, its gonna be busy out there, but there are alternatives.(y)
LES

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
I am now glad we cancelled our CMC a year ago, straw that broke the camels back was the news of the Baltic Wharf Bristol site closing as that's the only site we ever booked at Christmas time, took our chances with other sites at various times of the year for a night or two, when touring, but never a week.
I will not think about re-joining unless they can offer the same facilities that The CCC offer, i.e over 60 discount, the offer of extended membership whilst sites are closed,& last but very important to stop abuse.....Take a deposit for every booking made.
Fed up seeing empty pitches when the site has advised they are fully booked, I bet I am not the only one.

I know many prefer to use CL's which we would if they are not too far out from towns or attractions, as like many we dont need a shower block, or a swimming pool/kids play area, so would expect to get a much reduced pitch fee.

Statements from The CMC similar to, "we need all our members to maintain their membership, pay their dues especially during the last 12 months of lock down, so we can continue to offer our sites & facilities well into the future makes me angry".
If the indies can survive through these times, then so can The CMC. The likely thanks you will get for continuing your membership will be even greater pitch fees every year on year, which arguably are already too high & not affordable to many, even some long term "loyal" members, to which it must feel like a slap in the face to some.

With their No Deposit on-line site booking system showing that all sites are fully booked, without a deposit being taken, there is no chance that they will introduce some of the offers we occasionally see from indie sites, in low season, like 4 nights for 3, or 7 nights for 6 etc.
I have never heard the reason why The CMC are so scared of taking deposits, especially in the busy months, they must build the cost of the no shows into their sites overall costs, therefore making the ones that do turn up cover the losses for those that dont?...just a thought:unsure:

If we feel the need to join a club in the future it will probably be The CCC because of their additional offerings like THS in the summer & last but not least reduced Digital Membership Costs. They just seem to think things through better than The CMC does, is it complacency or what, time The CMC did take notice IMHO.
Happy travels to all, when we are allowed, its gonna be busy out there, but there are alternatives.(y)
LES
Make the most of all resources during this pandemic and at £1 a week why worry about discounts or the way others choose to book? Life is short ..enjoy it whilst you can .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back