Attention CAMC members (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
How far can you move the Tunnel booking, as there may be a way round it. Book a “fully refundable” trip - maybe out of normal hours to save money - which costs a bit more, then use the “refund” form (about Covid) and get a voucher useable for the next 12 months, for use in the following year!

I’m not going to do that.
They would only move it 12 months from the date of booking and it was a non refundable one. They weren’t offering anything else at the time.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I just asked for the voucher on renewal and said no voucher then no renewal, received the voucher today. I understand the offer may have finished now though.
On the matter of "getting discounts anyway" try walking up to the checkout at Sainsburys and saying "Can I have 4% off please?
We spend circa £80 on our weekly Sainsbury shop £4160 per year so with the discount save £166 a year through that offer alone!
But Sainsburys have not charged you for a service they didnt provide,,,BUSBY.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
In my opinion the above needs to be taken up with the Club at the highest level as you are correct, that offers must be made to all club members unless T’s&C’s say otherwise
Trying, I understand my emails have now been escalated to a formal complaint so I await their response.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
I am surprised there is such a fixation with getting a free one night voucher. This will cost the Club £30 to £40 lost income v a maximum loss of 4 months use ( £15 to members). That is to say ”possibly” a loss to members that are not honest enough to recognise they probably have /or will save their fees by booking 5 nights at a club site!

Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
I'm deeply concerned in what I read, I believe that the CAMC do an excellent job and our membership of, is very reasonable .
What is wrong with my fellow campers that are asking for free nights to compensate the loss of being able to use the full services of the club during the pandemic.

What else are you going to ask for, 'a credit from your insurance company for not being able to use your M/H'.

The list could be endless, what a bunch of tight fisted campers you are, I am sorry to have you as friends!!!!

Years ago I was involved with a National organisation in the UK that organised a rally for aircraft owners, private pilots, aircraft restorers home builds etc. The 'Committee' and other helpers, marshals' etc ALL, and there were plenty of them expected to attend the event, (which cost thousands to put on) for FREE.

With an attitude like this the event struggled, whilst a similar organisation in the USA went from strength to strength.

At the US event EAA Oshkosh, everybody pays the admission fee, right up to the Chairman and President!!!

Why are we so tight.

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I havnt read all of the posts on this thread but I reckon most will be moaning about paying for a years membership but not being able to go away because of Covid but there doesn't seem to be many posts from people moaning they are sat at home on 80% furlough money even though they can't go work

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I'm deeply concerned in what I read, I believe that the CAMC do an excellent job and our membership of, is very reasonable .
What is wrong with my fellow campers that are asking for free nights to compensate the loss of being able to use the full services of the club during the pandemic.

What else are you going to ask for, 'a credit from your insurance company for not being able to use your M/H'.

The list could be endless, what a bunch of tight fisted campers you are, I am sorry to have you as friends!!!!

Years ago I was involved with a National organisation in the UK that organised a rally for aircraft owners, private pilots, aircraft restorers home builds etc. The 'Committee' and other helpers, marshals' etc ALL, and there were plenty of them expected to attend the event, (which cost thousands to put on) for FREE.

With an attitude like this the event struggled, whilst a similar organisation in the USA went from strength to strength.

At the US event EAA Oshkosh, everybody pays the admission fee, right up to the Chairman and President!!!

Why are we so tight.

Why are we so tight.
I have moved home and going to sell Motorhome until I need one, you did not know that , so why insult me and others with your comments, when you don't know their circumstances ?

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Duplicate post...sorry

Last edited:

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes

Why are we so tight.
I can only speak for myself, so to start who mentioned we were ever friends, so no need to be sorry 😂

Getting back to the relevant point. I have not asked for a voucher or any refund, but that is irrelevant. It is more a point of principle and fairness and if we drill down to what I think may be the route cause of much of the upset it is the lack of honesty and transparency in the part of the CMC. They very clearly as demonstrated on this thread offered and provided vouchers and are now back tracking and lying. I think that is the more relevant part, the way in which the club are now conducting the sorry affair. If they were to state they made a mistake and have given vouchers where they should not have done and unfortunately they cannot afford to continue doing so people would accept it. It’s the lies and cover up which upset people more.

With regard to being “tight” it costs me the same as one nights voucher just to turn the engine on.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I can only speak for myself, so to start who mentioned we were ever friends, so no need to be sorry 😂

Getting back to the relevant point. I have not asked for a voucher or any refund, but that is irrelevant. It is more a point of principle and fairness and if we drill down to what I think may be the route cause of much of the upset it is the lack of honesty and transparency in the part of the CMC. They very clearly as demonstrated on this thread offered and provided vouchers and are now back tracking and lying. I think that is the more relevant part, the way in which the club are now conducting the sorry affair. If they were to state they made a mistake and have given vouchers where they should not have done and unfortunately they cannot afford to continue doing so people would accept it. It’s the lies and cover up which upset people more.

With regard to being “tight” it costs me the same as one nights voucher just to turn the engine on.
I agree the fundamental issue is not folk getting, or not, vouchers worth a few tens of pounds but the manner in the way the issue has been managed.
Is the most appropriate way for members handling this not to remain as members and support a question \ motion raised and minuted at the AGM where management could answer and action appropriately. If they fail to do so then walk with your feet rather than just doing so now where a significant number of members may not know of the issue?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC

Spot on, it is not about the money it’s about how they have handled it. 🥴
I will remain a member until the AGM in October just to see how they explain themselves.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Received our new members pack the other day and there was a voucher for one nights free stay.
Amazing, if they had announced that’s what they planned to do, great no issues, common sense prevail, maybe this is them trying to sort the mess out.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
I review each year whether I get value from this membership and CCC.
it is a no brainer every year for CCC, as around our travel circle most of the sites are and have been CCC and their CS network. Each year, it is tight with the CMC, there is really only one site we use and have used 2 CLs in 4 years as again, it is the CS which seem to lie closer to where we are visiting. This year, with things opening up, I cannot get booked into CMC near us until end of August due to their policy of allowing block bookings with no deposit. So I will not renew this month and may look towards the end of the year again.
ultimately, it is my personal preference but the policies of CCC suit me better.

Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012

In principal I agree with you the CAMC have handled it badly.

However my point is that it seems there are a number of us that want everything for nothing and the thought of asking for part of my yearly subscription back because they have been forced to close campsites AS INSTRUCTED, is what really upsets me. They have a business to run, just like I run a business with a multimillion pound turnover and it has costs which despite help from the government these costs are not fully covered.

I hope that none of you are the owners of 'Gin Palace' M/H's that I have heard on more than one continental crossing, bragging as to how little they have spent on campsites as they spend most of their time parked on beaches or waste ground. Oh dear that's another subject that I shouldn't go into now.

We are all in this together, stop winging and asking for refunds, keep yourselves and others safe and look forward to the lifting of the lockdown.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I think there’s two issues here.
Firstly those who think they should have some form of financial acknowledgement that they haven’t been able to use sites. That doesn’t concern me, I’m not rich by any mean, but these days £50 odd here and there isn’t worth the time and effort
Secondly however I think this issue is symptomatic of the attitude the CAMC seem to take towards their customer. The name change brought home to me how little they do for motor homes. That’s the reason I will probably be leaving. As to attending an AGM, I would have thought it would be packed out by traditional caravan members who think the ‘Club’ is better than sliced bread because they can by a branded sweatshirt there.
I really must get off my a**e and join the Motorcaravan club

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I think there’s two issues here.
Firstly those who think they should have some form of financial acknowledgement that they haven’t been able to use sites. That doesn’t concern me, I’m not rich by any mean, but these days £50 odd here and there isn’t worth the time and effort
Secondly however I think this issue is symptomatic of the attitude the CAMC seem to take towards their customer. The name change brought home to me how little they do for motor homes. That’s the reason I will probably be leaving. As to attending an AGM, I would have thought it would be packed out by traditional caravan members who think the ‘Club’ is better than sliced bread because they can by a branded sweatshirt there.
I really must get off my a**e and join the Motorcaravan club
I have recently joined the MCC but so far I have found their booking system quite confusing, certainly nowhere as good as CAMC or C&CC or the FUN. But then I'm not that clever with "systems". They are very friendly though.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Chatsworth in July / August 👍🏻
Would it be full of kids? If so not my scene nowadays. Mind you as they have all had months of holiday and need to catch up with their learning and recover their mental health perhaps they won't be given summer holidays. I can but hope! :rofl:

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Would it be full of kids? If so not my scene nowadays. Mind you as they have all had months of holiday and need to catch up with their learning and recover their mental health perhaps they won't be given summer holidays. I can but hope! :rofl:
Generally the Club sites are rarely full of kids . There really isn’t much for them to do.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun