Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum or within the CAMC monthly newsletter
I had reason to engage with the CAMC via the Chat portal this evening. During conversation I sought information around any reimbursement of membership for the three month period covering Jan to April 2021, during the period that sites could not be used.
Very helpful in that the headquarters stand point is that no credit to yearly membership is to be given but a one night site voucher will be provided at renewal. The Chat operator took my membership number and stated that the voucher would be created. It appears that its not a case of HQ creating voucher for everyone but a case of 'don't ask and you don't get'.
In the words of the supermarkets' EVERY LITTLE HELPS'

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
These are the words stated by CAMC

There was a decition to not extend the memerbhip as we have had the phone lines open at all times during this period and still offering advanced bookings and member offers. To be able to keep the club functioning for the future the decision was made not to extend, however we are offering members who renew during this time a free site night voucher that is worth more than a pro-rata extension on the membership.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Its clear they are not advertising this. If they give you issues come back to me I have retained the chat which gives clear agreement that I would get a voucher along with others already.

" I will add you to the list and this will get sent out by post. You then give this to the site wardens when you arrive to site for your booking and the price will be deducted. "

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum or within the CAMC monthly newsletter
I had reason to engage with the CAMC via the Chat portal this evening. During conversation I sought information around any reimbursement of membership for the three month period covering Jan to April 2021, during the period that sites could not be used.
Very helpful in that the headquarters stand point is that no credit to yearly membership is to be given but a one night site voucher will be provided at renewal. The Chat operator took my membership number and stated that the voucher would be created. It appears that its not a case of HQ creating voucher for everyone but a case of 'don't ask and you don't get'.
In the words of the supermarkets' EVERY LITTLE HELPS'

Thanks just done the same with live chat and received a free night thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I take the view. 1 years membership about £60 - 3 months lost usage £15. Free night around £15, hope they accept it in the hight of August, would be worth around £30 then.

Its clear members on here will be seeking a voucher, the point is CAMC should ping out vouchers to every member immediately without people seeking them

Does anybody have details of senior management that this issue can be addressed too. I will happily write to them

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I followed the advice... First response was we're value for money...
I responded that all the 'benefits' mentioned were either of no value to me & would be happy if they were done away with for cost savings... or they were a pay additional for... or the VAT savings were actually 'paid' for by the Government, not the CAMC.

Voucher on it's way.

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
I have approached them on chat and as I renewed in October they have refused:

CAMC "I'm very sorry Mick, our Members have had access to use the many benefits we still can offer during lock down. Last year we offered the site vouchers at a great discount which I can see you took advantage of. We also allowed our Members to book a year ahead and without paying any deposit in advance."

Me: "Ok I understand that but why are those coming up for renewal who have had the same option.....getting an advantage over a large percentage of your members?"

CAMC "Thank you for understanding at this difficult time Mick. We offer this voucher to thank them for continuing with their renewal. If the sites are required to close for your next renewal, we will most likely offer the same then."

I was told to email any feedback in.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009

CAMC "I'm very sorry Mick, our Members have had access to use the many benefits we still can offer during lock down. Last year we offered the site vouchers at a great discount which I can see you took advantage of. We also allowed our Members to book a year ahead and without paying any deposit in advance."

Me: "Ok I understand that but why are those coming up for renewal who have had the same option.....getting an advantage over a large percentage of your members?"

CAMC "Thank you for understanding at this difficult time Mick. We offer this voucher to thank them for continuing with their renewal. If the sites are required to close for your next renewal, we will most likely offer the same then."

I think the Chat team has had a bit of a hit this evening Time to take it upstairs

Now in my mind this would be a challenge to head office pointing out lack of continuity
Looking back since this whole tragic pandemic started, yes you renewed in October 2020. In that year you lost use of the club facilities from March 23rd through to 4th July 2020, then on the bases of loosing three months in that year what loyalty bonus have the given you. Then after renewing membership in 2020 you have lost 4 months November to December, then January 2021 to 12th April.

Nothing else to do in lock down go get them

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
It works . Give it a go .
Nearly covered the cost of a full years membership .👍🏻
52F7A54E-2CF6-438B-BB64-786520EEFB44.jpeg
D8FD01FE-6746-4560-A7BB-9840A12063F7.png

Mick and Ruth

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2017
Wybunbury, Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Apache 634 Hi Line
Exp
Since 2019
I think the Chat team has had a bit of a hit this evening Time to take it upstairs

Now in my mind this would be a challenge to head office pointing out lack of continuity
Looking back since this whole tragic pandemic started, yes you renewed in October 2020. In that year you lost use of the club facilities from March 23rd through to 4th July 2020, then on the bases of loosing three months in that year what loyalty bonus have the given you. Then after renewing membership in 2020 you have lost 4 months November to December, then January 2021 to 12th April.

Nothing else to do in lock down go get them
Already touched on that on the chat which was a lot longer so didn’t post as didn’t want to bore you all 😂 also I bought £750 worth of their vouchers to get 20% additional, which are sat in the safe for the last 6 mths with the cash in their bank, at the end of the day I will use that’s the gamble but a little bit of goodwill for one night on one of their sites wouldn’t go amiss. I will be draughting something to their Chairperson directly tomorrow👍

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019

That’s not on . My renewal was back in September but the letter and free night voucher was in February . Call and speak to someone 👍🏻

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Already touched on that on the chat which was a lot longer so didn’t post as didn’t want to bore you all 😂 also I bought £750 worth of their vouchers to get 20% additional, which are sat in the safe for the last 6 mths with the cash in their bank, at the end of the day I will use that’s the gamble but a little bit of goodwill for one night on one of their sites wouldn’t go amiss. I will be draughting something to their Chairperson directly tomorrow👍
Popcorn:mad:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi
Our renewal was August last year so I rang to speak to an agent and asked if they would be extending the 12 month membership to cover the months we have lost and got the same responce as others have had telling me the usual spiel of all the" advantages" of being a member and there would be no refund.
So we then tried emailing them but again no joy.
We also bought the vouchers giving the 20% last year but I was told they will not be doing that again this year, it seems as though it is a postcode lottery in who gets the free night.

OP
OP
PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Hi
Our renewal was August last year so I rang to speak to an agent and asked if they would be extending the 12 month membership to cover the months we have lost and got the same responce as others have had telling me the usual spiel of all the" advantages" of being a member and there would be no refund.
So we then tried emailing them but again no joy.
We also bought the vouchers giving the 20% last year but I was told they will not be doing that again this year, it seems as though it is a postcode lottery in who gets the free night.
That would be based on last years membership period, so you lost the first lockdown usage. I would get onto them about this lockdown covering November and this current period. Your renewal is in August so that should be offering for this year.
Good luck and start quoting these posts. Happy to PM my membership number that you can quote. My renewal is 31st May 2021

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Just been told that they would be happy to grant a free night voucher but not until I have renewed in June. Despite pointing out that after paying a 12 month membership fee, we have lost at least 3 months access in the present year and have a holiday booked with them prior to renewal
Pretty shoddy I think and makes it less likely that we will renew when the time comes Mike
PS its a continuing/recurring DD authorisation at the Bank so watch out if you dont want to renew

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Got on to chat tonight and first response was to tell me about savings I could make being a member, money off at Sainsbury’s is no good when it’s 70 mile away. I then pointed out that I was aware vouchers were being handed out, they responded with only for members who renewed during lockdown. I then pointed out I just renewed last month, vouchers on the way .

Thanks for the heads up.

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
My membership was renewed in June 2021, but when i spoke on chat earlier, i was told if i renew in June of this year they will send a voucher in the post. Undecided if i will renew or not.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I can’t be bothered, cost me Camping and Caravan club membership, CMC membership and the mobile WiFi I pay £25 a month for and haven’t used plus insurance and tax etc etc, I have saved elsewhere such as not going out and spending money on fuel in the motorhome so wont be ringing to try and get a free night.

Especially if I am going to have to argue with them to get it.

Roll on April! :)

I won’t mention the Eurotunnel and ferry booking we lost along with £700. I consider we have gotten away very lightly during COVID and hope it stays that way.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I take the view. 1 years membership about £60 - 3 months lost usage £15. Free night around £15, hope they accept it in the hight of August, would be worth around £30 then.

Its clear members on here will be seeking a voucher, the point is CAMC should ping out vouchers to every member immediately without people seeking them

Does anybody have details of senior management that this issue can be addressed too. I will happily write to them
As a club member you have the right to contact “management” whoever and whatever their position as you would in any other club. Personally, we rarely use the CAMC Club sites because we prefer the CL’s or find commercial sites which have more to offer such as swimming pools, etc. When we have used them we have never had any cause to complain despite our last caravan being a continental door side van as is the moho we are now using and hearing tales of site wardens insisting on pitching with the doors on a certain side, etc! With a caravan it is a right hassle, Moho is not at all.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
As a club member you have the right to contact “management” whoever and whatever their position as you would in any other club. Personally, we rarely use the CAMC Club sites because we prefer the CL’s or find commercial sites which have more to offer such as swimming pools, etc. When we have used them we have never had any cause to complain despite our last caravan being a continental door side van as is the moho we are now using and hearing tales of site wardens insisting on pitching with the doors on a certain side, etc! With a caravan it is a right hassle, Moho is not at all.

Never had an issue pitching against the peg. You just move the peg. :)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I can’t be bothered, cost me Camping and Caravan club membership, CMC membership and the mobile WiFi I pay £25 a month for and haven’t used plus insurance and tax etc etc, I have saved elsewhere like everyone else has so wont be ringing to try and get a free night.

Especially if I am going to have to argue with them to get it.

Roll on April! :)

I won’t mention the Eurotunnel and ferry booking we lost along with £700. I consider we have gotten away very lightly during COVID and hope it stays that way.
Do not include me in the”everyone else” please as I really only tend to use the Red Pennant Foreign Travel insurance and the CL’s. So that is one less than “everyone"

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Do not include me in the”everyone else” please as I really only tend to use the Red Pennant Foreign Travel insurance and the CL’s. So that is one less than “everyone"
Sorry, didn’t mean everyone as in Funsters, more general population. Will try and edit the post.

Edited to clarify, apologies for any unintended offence.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back