Anybody know how this happened (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
This wasn't there yesterday I swear just before we took the van for a run out today I saw it
The rear panel was pristine before we took it out today

Deliberate damage, air gun? Brick thrown?

Aluminium rear panel on Concorde, how would it be repaired?
Filler then paint?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Fairly certain it is not from a firearm. More than likely a stone that has been thrown up by a passing vehicle. Can you be a little more explicit on the size and when you say rear panel to you mean on the side towards the rear, or at the back end! Either way the skin has not been punctured and little to no damage done other than cosmetic. I'm not sure of how this would be filled/touched up.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
did you clean the area around it or was that also there when you discovered it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Fairly certain it is not from a firearm. More than likely a stone that has been thrown up by a passing vehicle. Can you be a little more explicit on the size and when you say rear panel to you mean on the side towards the rear, or at the back end! Either way the skin has not been punctured and little to no damage done other than cosmetic. I'm not sure of how this would be filled/touched up.

Rear panel back end if you stand directly behind the van.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
did you clean the area around it or was that also there when you discovered it

I cleaned the area for the photo but it was pristine when I saw it just before we took the van out. The muck is from the drive
I park directly behind the van every day and always walk around it

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

About 3 mm or 4mm in size

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about the damage mate.

Give this guy a call (Mark from Dent-Tek) on 07852 953460.

Broken Link Removed

Nicky and I have used him twice before to remove the dents from a small car and also from my pimped-up Landrover Defender after they both received hail damage.

He'll be able to advise.

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about the damage mate.

Give this guy a call (Mark from Dent-Tek) on 07852 953460.

Broken Link Removed

Nicky and I have used him twice before to remove the dents from a small car and also from my pimped-up Landrover Defender after they both received hail damage.

He'll be able to advise.

All the best,

Andrew

Many thanks Andrew will enquire, does he just do cars though?

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The thing is about dents like this the insulation behind will have been pushed back a bit and if you somehow pull the dent out there will be a small gap between the aluminium and the insulation?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Sorry for the damage not that I'm synicyl but probably a very thoughtful Christmas present to a irresponsible person . I wouldn't do anything if it's a dink. Patching may make it worse. Good luck whate very you decide.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Someone had an airgun for Christmas locally? Size of the dent is about right for an airgun pellet. You should report it on the non-emergency number as there may have been other incidents reported in the same area. It could be someone's eye next.

That's the only thing I can deduce, it's like a clean area of damage not a stone
It wasn't there previous either and we haven't used the van for 7 weeks I clean it after each trip.

Reactions: DBK

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would say if it was a pellet it will be on your drive.
Looks like it hit pretty square on within a few degrees and stopped before falling out.
If it had hit at a wider angle it would have richoceted (sp) and caused a wider, shallower, dent.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
So would a filler of some sort be better then and then painting?
If I had to fill it (and I've done more than a few over the years) I'd usually drill a small hole first in the centre so that the filler would 'lock' in the dent rather than relying on it just adhering to the ali, but I really, really wouldn't want to do that and create a potential entry point for water.
If it was mine I would leave it.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Someone had an airgun for Christmas locally? Size of the dent is about right for an airgun pellet. You should report it on the non-emergency number as there may have been other incidents reported in the same area. It could be someone's eye next.
Yes report it to the police. It may prevent it happening again. May be worthwhile to also put it up on Facebook in your area to warn parents of the, damage caused and the potential cost of repair.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to hear of the damage

sadly you wont be pulling that dent out it will need proper filling and then painting to match.

was the rear of the van facing open ground / the street / your property? just to get an idea if it could have been an object thown etc.

if that was an air rifle pellet or,, whatever missile did it; it probably would have rebounded a little so may well be lurking on the floor nearby, maybe worth a look .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back