Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
new forest
Funster No
MH
Sold it!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well, its been nice knowing you guys, I'm afraid the wife has won the long standing argument and we are going back to tugging. I would just like to thank everyone for helping me out on so many occasions. I'll miss the waves when passing you funsters on the road, but there you go. the boss has spoken so from now on its a tugging we will be. What sealed the MHs fait was when she fell out the van missing both steps glass in hand landing on her new knee and miraculously not spilling a drop. She recons it wont be so far to fall out of a caravan, If any of you are thinking about going back to hauling a tin tent then let me tell you I forgot how much of a work up they are even with a mover they can be a nightmare. I never did get the hang of lining up the tow ball with the hitch, and what on earth those signals mean coming from the wife when I'm reversing. I can't wait.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Well, its been nice knowing you guys, I'm afraid the wife has won the long standing argument and we are going back to tugging. I would just like to thank everyone for helping me out on so many occasions. I'll miss the waves when passing you funsters on the road, but there you go. the boss has spoken so from now on its a tugging we will be. What sealed the MHs fait was when she fell out the van missing both steps glass in hand landing on her new knee and miraculously not spilling a drop. She recons it wont be so far to fall out of a caravan, If any of you are thinking about going back to hauling a tin tent then let me tell you I forgot how much of a work up they are even with a mover they can be a nightmare. I never did get the hang of lining up the tow ball with the hitch, and what on earth those signals mean coming from the wife when I'm reversing. I can't wait.
Tell her caravans are just as dangerous .. I remember as a kiddy when my dear old mum fell out of our tin tent breaking 3 ribs.o_O

Anyway, good luck with your new way of life.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Just remember not to ignore MH's on your next sites - you used to be one of us once😃😁
Don't forget next time you struggle to get set up and spend forever that the folks in the MotorHome are watching and winking at your struggles.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
You should have put your foot down
His wife should have put her foot down......on the bloody step and none of this would have happened 😂

However I’ll let her off for not spilling any drink 👍🏼

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
I will report you to JC,RH,& JM the REAL Top Gear gang!!

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Don’t worry, we‘ll leave a cross on the field of remembrance for you. Perhaps one day you will see the light again and rejoin the MH fraternity. In the meantime, good luck!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
don't panic yet, we will leave the door on the latch as it were, so when you realise your mistake you can return to motorhoming.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Good luck with the C-Van. The things men do for a quiet life eh.

TBH we are giving it a year with our newly acquired MoHo then may, i say maybe give a C-Van a try for a year.
The only 2 C-Vans i have rented i crashed (minor).

Anyway 10 out of 10 to Mrs Wotme for not spilling her drink, a lady after my own.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
GOOD LUCK
1597477981261.png

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Part of the reason for our choice of the current motorhome (Bailey Autograph) was the minimal height of the entrance step. Our previous one proved difficult for my wife but this one is much better.

Wyn

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If I analyse the final act causing this change it was that an operative was using equipment that was quite familiar. The equipment did not fail, but the operative did.

The operative blamed not only the equipment, but the whole installation.

In the analysis it is not possible to assess how much attention the operative was paying to the ancillary task of carrying a glass of liquid, as opposed to the main task of operating the equipment. Nor whether the liquid involved is normally used to lubricate the operation involved, and how often.

It is hoped that the same occurence does not happen in the new installation. If it does it indicates that it was not the equipment and instillation that was at fault, so it would be logical to return to use of the previous equipment Or to re-train or re-deploy the operator.

I trust this analysis is helpful.

Geoff

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Could suggest more water with it.but that would cause even more earache good luck

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
There are possible benefits to a return to tugging... less earache from SWMBO and.. think of all those places you can park where MOHO's are not allowed. No need for public transport. Choose your van brand carefully... we bought British from a well known company base in Bristol allegedly their premium range..awful quality.
If budget and towbar allow go Germanic. Think lots more fun browsing the internet for accessories.
Best wishes... theres no need to leave though.

Keep waving some of us will wave back though I know not all.. time they got the broom handle out their arse!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
The step to our motorhome is quite high, for the first time ever we took a small plastic step with us, not the folding type, the on we used has hoes so it can be pegged down. Has made a great difference to me. Only problem was when we were getting ready to decamp, awning down all pegs out and someone who shall remain nameless moved it to get to the waste water carrier and didn't put it back, it seemed a long way down and i appeared to be trying to pole dance on the van door. easier and cheaper than changing to a caravan ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back