The final curtain (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Tuggers arriving on a campsite always gives us some entertainment, usually priceless.
We found that even when we were tuggers and it gave us even more fun when I reverse parked our caravan perfectly in one go.
The lady behind us applauded me for disappointing those expecting entertainment.......was I smug, yes of course I was.:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
My wife cheered me uo today with a surprising statement - given that she likes the motorhome but isn't keen on the more boring bit of 'getting there'. Trips have to be planned in max 2 hour travel segments but I am okay with that.

Anyway, given that I feel like I am losing a year of opportunity to travel due to the virus and have just 5 years left till the dreaded 70 and possible loss of C1 (although no reason for that currently). My wife suggested that if we had to sell the motorhome we could buy a barge instead - what a great idea!

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
My wife cheered me uo today with a surprising statement - given that she likes the motorhome but isn't keen on the more boring bit of 'getting there'. Trips have to be planned in max 2 hour travel segments but I am okay with that.

Anyway, given that I feel like I am losing a year of opportunity to travel due to the virus and have just 5 years left till the dreaded 70 and possible loss of C1 (although no reason for that currently). My wife suggested that if we had to sell the motorhome we could buy a barge instead - what a great idea!
A narrowboat is a lot of fun. We had one for 5 years till the day I did 18 double locks in one windy day. Enough is enough. For me anyway.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Having had the experience of transitting Frane from Le Havre to the Med in my sailing boat, through 168 locks, but not having to operate any of them, I had planned to take the boat back to France to use as a canal cruiser. They are easier to handle than barges.

Then the idea of a MH intervened which would allow wider scope of Europe.

It is a great experience, especially in France. Take two bicycles to get off flood-plain for shopping, markets and bistros.

Geoff

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
what about a stenna................

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I thought change the wife!!! Sorry - but there isn't much in the height of the step surely to warrant spending and losing a lot of money, get a better step and don't let her out with a glass in her hand.... gotta to be cheaper...

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Well, its been nice knowing you guys, I'm afraid the wife has won the long standing argument and we are going back to tugging. I would just like to thank everyone for helping me out on so many occasions. I'll miss the waves when passing you funsters on the road, but there you go. the boss has spoken so from now on its a tugging we will be. What sealed the MHs fait was when she fell out the van missing both steps glass in hand landing on her new knee and miraculously not spilling a drop. She recons it wont be so far to fall out of a caravan, If any of you are thinking about going back to hauling a tin tent then let me tell you I forgot how much of a work up they are even with a mover they can be a nightmare. I never did get the hang of lining up the tow ball with the hitch, and what on earth those signals mean coming from the wife when I'm reversing. I can't wait.
So sorry to hear your sad Tin Tent news. We did for a short while go from a MoHo to a Tin Tent, but sense prevailed and we now have another MoHo. I do not envy you the tugging bit.

Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
If the ladies balance is that good ( no spillage ) why not use a slide and give her a pair of roller skates ?job done !

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
The step to our motorhome is quite high, for the first time ever we took a small plastic step with us, not the folding type, the on we used has hoes so it can be pegged down. Has made a great difference to me. Only problem was when we were getting ready to decamp, awning down all pegs out and someone who shall remain nameless moved it to get to the waste water carrier and didn't put it back, it seemed a long way down and i appeared to be trying to pole dance on the van door. easier and cheaper than changing to a caravan ;)
I'm with you on that scotzsue, I struggle after my partial knee replacement, was thinking of getting a wee folding step, do you think? The folding ones not very sturdy? :unsure:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Time for a song

Singing so long it’s been good to know you etc.
You can still post on here and let us know how you get on. We could all do with a laugh. Grease the step of the caravan. Then you can say it wasn’t the motorhomes fault.😂😂

Seriously good luck going backwards 👍🏼

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
And is Mrs Wotme going to share the driving of said caravan?
Quite right - hubby loves driving the motorhome and hates towing a large vehicle. The only way he would agree to swopping was if I took over the driving otherwise most unfair to insist. Should of got a dog ramp instead! :giggle:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Please please let us know what camp sites you are going to visit .. A whole new source of entertainment !!! :)
Seriously though, as long as you are still getting out there does it really matter if you are in a snail or a van ?
Enjoy the new challenges and keep on rolling :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I'm with you on that scotzsue, I struggle after my partial knee replacement, was thinking of getting a wee folding step, do you think? The folding ones not very sturdy? :unsure:
They are sturdy but not so solid as the one that can be pgged to the ground. As a short a**e i do carry 2 plastic folding stools too a high and low as I need the high one for getting into the top cupboards helps when putting up the awning too. the solid one i have was in the doblo camper when I bought it, have out a folding one in there as more practical

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
They are sturdy but not so solid as the one that can be pgged to the ground. As a short a**e i do carry 2 plastic folding stools too a high and low as I need the high one for getting into the top cupboards helps when putting up the awning too. the solid one i have was in the doblo camper when I bought it, have out a folding one in there as more practical
hi really appreciate the link, have something similar, but that looks more sturdy, hubby, said easier you sit in the back, grandchild will be pleased :X3: :rolleyes: granny lost her spot..hehe

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I am now a tugger but staying here, not too embarrassed, and intend to get to a rally as well.
Will you/ do you have a funster sticker in window of car / caravan or both?
And do you confuse MHs by waving as we pass??

OP
OP
wotme

wotme

Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
new forest
Funster No
MH
Sold it!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well, I was quite touched by so many of your replies, but there again, I've been quite touched for years now. I got as much enjoyment if not more reading your posts as I did celebrating my 80th birthday last month. It would have been a hell of a party by all accounts but thanks to C19 the marquee the caterers the dancing girls all had to be cancelled but fortunately not the booze. I know the chuffed feeling you're talking about Mrsambulacekid In my early fun filled days I was towing a lumpy old Sprite (didn't we all have one of those) and the traffic ground to a complete standstill on the Ringwood bypass. But I knew a way through the town centre and peeled off at the next exit. So I'm happily winding my way down narrow roads with parked cars on either side when I suddenly came face to face with emergency vehicles blocking the road attending a house fire. Oh shit! There were firemen charging around telling me to get lost so I calmly reversed between two semis with only inches to spare on either side. "You made that look easy" says the wife, I don't think I've ever had so many mixed feelings in such a short space of time.
Anyway I'll keep you posted as to how things work out (work out being the operative word) towing a 1500 Kg trampoline.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back