Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I had a crackling speaker on the dash that's been bugging me so while stopped for lunch I thought I'd remove the speaker and see if any obvious reason for the crackling

I found this View attachment 278344

I've had a bloody mouse ....I say had and I sincerely hope it is HAD and not have ....same under the other dash speaker but not quite as bad.

Cleaned it all out and fixed the loose speaker connections so that's sorted now ..

I don't think it could still be living in there with the racket from the speakers ...but can't see how on earth it got In there In first place.

Still no further forward with battery charging ....it's taken some charge on the drive from poitiers to here View attachment 278345 View attachment 278346 where I've stopped for lunch ...but it's also sunny and I suspect most of it was from the solar. Still not getting a correct reading for battery as I need to hook up to 240v to reset control panel.

It's dry and sunny and there's a nice wee walk here so gonna go excercise jade and see what the solar does when I'm out.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Surely you must have detected a 'wee whiff' if you've had mice under the dash, especially when the heater was on?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Surely you must have detected a 'wee whiff' if you've had mice under the dash, especially when the heater was on?
Nope nothing at all...but where it's been isn't near the heater they have been in the very narrow space between the under bonnet top and the dash trim the heater is below that.

Judging by the small space and not a lot of damage I don't think they've been in there long and probably when van wasn't used.

Think a mouse would have a heart attack with my music

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's
Finally finished reading about your last trip. Did read half of it before joining up - then had to start again so I could see all your pics full size.

Thanks for writing about it, was informative, entertaining and inspiring:)

Looking forward to your new adventures, hope you have a wonderful time.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh Please! I just realised after spotting someone's thread about the Dartford crossing that I forgot to pay for my crossing on Thursday.

I went to pay it now but not allowed , I've emailed an enquiry if I can pay it now..

Stupid bloody thing

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Oh Please! I just realised after spotting someone's thread about the Dartford crossing that I forgot to pay for my crossing on Thursday.

I went to pay it now but not allowed , I've emailed an enquiry if I can pay it now..

Stupid bloody thing

Good job I put that thread up then Tam. (y) You could have had a big size Bill when you got back from travelling otherwise. :eek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Stupid bloody thing

I have a feeling they send the fine out by post to the keepers address.

Is someone looking after your post?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good job I put that thread up then Tam. (y) You could have had a big size Bill when you got back from travelling otherwise. :eek:
I have a feeling they send the fine out by post to the keepers address.

Is someone looking after your post?
Yeah online it says they send a fine out to registered address.

I obviously haven't received that and I genuinely forgot about it which I would think happens a lot to folk not familiar with it.

I've sent an email enquiry online stating I forgot to pay it and I'm now in France can I pay it now.

I'll wait for a reply.....but I certainly won't be just paying them the £70 fine it states online.

That's outrageous, no crime has been committed and its a genuine mistake.

Will see what comes back

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
When you get your battery readings, are they just from the control panel or a meter in a 12 volt socket or direct to battery.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Stupid bloody thing
A crap system especially when you only use it occasionally. i used it for the first time last September. Tried paying online on my phone their system kept falling over gave up an phoned them, said they would send an email confirmation, never got an email and checking online didn't work.
Used a PC to pay online on the return that worked but no email as requested.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Yeah online it says they send a fine out to registered address.

I obviously haven't received that and I genuinely forgot about it which I would think happens a lot to folk not familiar with it.

I've sent an email enquiry online stating I forgot to pay it and I'm now in France can I pay it now.

I'll wait for a reply.....but I certainly won't be just paying them the £70 fine it states online.

That's outrageous, no crime has been committed and its a genuine mistake.

Will see what comes back

Think it get reduced if payed straight away. As for telling them it’s a genuine mistake, no dis respect to you but they have proberly heard that one before, even though it must be easy to forget like I would have. I only put the thread up because someone said something about it.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I forgot to pay - as you say, it’s easily done.

I gave them a call to explain and they were very understanding - I paid for the crossing whilst on the phone.

Hopefully you’ll be able to do the same.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
When you get your battery readings, are they just from the control panel or a meter in a 12 volt socket or direct to battery.
Just from the control panel

It changed to 100% charged last night around 9pm and only taking in 0.5a after that.

Unplugged this morning and question mark etc has gone and at 100%

I've ran out of water now though and the tap here is turned off :( bins are locked too lol
But electric was on and that was a bonus.

Heading to Toulouse today so hopefully find water on the way. Didn't think I'd used that much not sure what size this tank is.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I forgot to pay - as you say, it’s easily done.

I gave them a call to explain and they were very understanding - I paid for the crossing whilst on the phone.

Hopefully you’ll be able to do the same.
I never though to phone I will try that if I can find number

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I just tried to call and got what can only be sarcastically described as a very helpful woman with dogs yapping in the background who is adamant I can't pay it now.
Tried to explain the situation to her regarding not using it before and being out the country for a long time etc

She didn't want to know , just said I can appeal charges etc on return and she would make a note of it on the account.

So I guess when I'm finally home I'm gonna have a daft charge to appeal.

One thing is for sure I won't just be paying it they can sod off.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I just tried to call and got what can only be sarcastically described as a very helpful woman with dogs yapping in the background who is adamant I can't pay it now.
Tried to explain the situation to her regarding not using it before and being out the country for a long time etc

She didn't want to know , just said I can appeal charges etc on return and she would make a note of it on the account.

So I guess when I'm finally home I'm gonna have a daft charge to appeal.

One thing is for sure I won't just be paying it they can sod off.
dont think they will sod off mate, especialy now you have rang them , they have you in the system now, better to get it sorted as soon as possible in my oppinion.:(

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just from the control panel

It changed to 100% charged last night around 9pm and only taking in 0.5a after that.

Unplugged this morning and question mark etc has gone and at 100%

I've ran out of water now though and the tap here is turned off :( bins are locked too lol
But electric was on and that was a bonus.

Heading to Toulouse today so hopefully find water on the way. Didn't think I'd used that much not sure what size this tank is.

So at least it charges when hooked up, but no use for you wild camping.
Our water tank is 120 litres and I would think yours is similar, the frost dump valve hasn’t opened has it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
dont think they will sod off mate, especialy now you have rang them , they have you in the system now, better to get it sorted as soon as possible in my oppinion.:(
I'm afraid they dont scare me , it's beurocracy at its best. I could have paid it just now but they would rather waste money sending letters that they are now aware I won't receive. All my calls are recorded too so I've already told them I won't be back in UK for months etc I've used the crossing once I've committed no crime just made a simple mistake.

They can sod off now.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So at least it charges when hooked up, but no use for you wild camping.
Our water tank is 120 litres and I would think yours is similar, the frost dump valve hasn’t opened has it.
It has been charging when driving just not as much as it should and takes a charge on the solar etc. Now that it has a full charge will see how it gets on the next day or two

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
A crap system especially when you only use it occasionally. i used it for the first time last September. Tried paying online on my phone their system kept falling over gave up an phoned them, said they would send an email confirmation, never got an email and checking online didn't work.
Used a PC to pay online on the return that worked but no email as requested.
Paying tolls Lenny,,,not like you,,:D:D BUSBY,,

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
@Northernraider , Tam, it happened to me just before Christmas, I know I paid by phoning them but I think I had to wait for the letter off them. It took about two weeks from using the tunnel to getting the letter.

Mickey
Did you pay a fine or just the charge?

The unhelpful woman said she would add notes to the file saying I was out the country etc

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
@Northernraider , Tam, it happened to me just before Christmas, I know I paid by phoning them but I think I had to wait for the letter off them. It took about two weeks from using the tunnel to getting the letter.

Mickey
Same as me. I paid the £2.50 on line a couple of days late and thought I'd got away with it but got a fine about 2 weeks later. It said to phone up if it was a first offence so I did. Had to pay another £2.50 but no fine. The first £2.50 was credited for the next crossing. To be fair the operator I had was helpful and friendly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Did you pay a fine or just the charge?

The unhelpful woman said she would add notes to the file saying I was out the country etc
Ring again hopefully you will get someone more helpfull.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I think you've been unlucky to get an unhelpful call handler Tam. Perhaps call again? I can't imagine I'd have been able to pay over the phone if it wasn't an option open to everyone.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Yeah pretty sure if you're a first time offender they just 'fine' you the actual crossing cost. I came back to a letter from them a year or so ago and that's what they said.

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
can you not open an account from your laptop? It's much easier, and as long as you have a bit of credit you can just forget about it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back