Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just done a quick search on MHFun for "Toulouse stadium" and my memory is correct.

Hi *****

Centrally to? South of France or just Montpellier?

I am next to Toulouse , and can offer you free stay for a week or 2. I live on a stadium .
Usually I love to share a meal or two with my guests or even a drink
Let me know if you like the idea.

Amicalement
Frankie:)

She ll be along in a mo if she isnt knocking on your door
@yodeli

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just done a quick search on MHFun for "Toulouse stadium" and my memory is correct.

Hi *****

I am next to Toulouse , and can offer you free stay for a week or 2. I live on a stadium .

Amicalement

@yodeli
I guess it depends where near the stadium as there will be places all around it.
I did see lots of traveller spots on the drive in here aswell as several motorhome and caravan sales places.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I guess it depends where near the stadium as there will be places all around it.
I did see lots of traveller spots on the drive in here aswell as several motorhome and caravan sales places.
She was on here about an hour ago giving me a funny (cos i is a funny guy) so she ll pick up my link. Maybe breakfast ?

I m sure there are more than one stadia in Toulouse but it had to be mentioned.

Whereabouts are you headed this time ? Near Provence in May/June ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’ve checked it’s not near Frankie.... Tams on the island near the centre, Frankie is on the outskirts of Toulouse...

Although not far away....(y)

She was on here about an hour ago giving me a funny (cos i is a funny guy) so she ll pick up my link. Maybe breakfast ?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I’ve checked it’s not near Frankie.... Tams on the island near the centre, Frankie is on the outskirts of Toulouse...

Good knowledge. I d still try blagging a breakfast though:D

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I'm heading to Spain first for 6 or 8 weeks ..then east to Italy and Greece I think

And then will see ...I don't want to plan too much just go with the flow

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Yeah I'm in the centre near the espace nautique

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not yet but it's pretty cold , I'm about 60 miles north of Toulouse having lunch at the minute

Yes weather forecast for pyrenee's & northn of spain was snow :cold::cold:when i was watching at 10pm along with high winds & temps well below zero:cold::cold:Right across to north of Barcelona & well down into Valencia with low temps

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes weather forecast for pyrenee's & northn of spain was snow :cold::cold:when i was watching at 10pm along with high winds & temps well below zero:cold::cold:Right across to north of Barcelona & well down into Valencia with low temps
Great

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's peeing it down here now :( I'm still in bed
Screenshot_20190123-084838_park4night.jpg

Next stop Andorra I think
Screenshot_20190123-085921_Facebook.jpg

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

Hi *****

Amicalement

@yodeli

Hello here! What's up? Didn't have time to read and at 9.30pm english time I'm in bed as it's 10.30pm in France.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Just gave a quick look.... Still didn't find out where you are right now. It is not a Toulouse Stadium (Toulouse is a huge place and has more than one stadium lol!)
I live (as Smiffy said) on the outskirts of Toulouse and my stadium is a private one, so not on any map. Not even a POI.

Balma is a small town up North Est of Toulouse if you want to check. Let me know as it is always locked up by a big gate.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Ok , found where you are. Pretty much near centre of Toulouse! Gosh you've been brave! I've been there not so long ago and being completly ignorant about the tramway tracks I found myself right on a track . Night time, rain.... pheww got off just in time. I promissed myself I would do it again walking to understand how the machine is working its way through the area!
Anyway... you're quite a long way away from my stadium. I should be back from an appointment with the sollicitor(papers... dad's death) around 7.00pm if you want to give it a go. Don't try to come earlier as it is wednesday (children'day) and so it will be packed with cars everywhere even outside the stadium!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok , found where you are. Pretty much near centre of Toulouse! Gosh you've been brave! I've been there not so long ago and being completly ignorant about the tramway tracks I found myself right on a track . Night time, rain.... pheww got off just in time. I promissed myself I would do it again walking to understand how the machine is working its way through the area!
Anyway... you're quite a long way away from my stadium. I should be back from an appointment with the sollicitor(papers... dad's death) around 7.00pm if you want to give it a go. Don't try to come earlier as it is wednesday (children'day) and so it will be packed with cars everywhere even outside the stadium!
Good morning frankie, yes I'm right in the centre near Toulouse football club stadium.

It doesn't look the best over by the river as there's a makeshift town been constructed from pallets and old wood.
But it was a very quiet night here. I'm heading now to Andorra but thank you for the kind offer.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just been for our morning walk ...kinda got lost for a bit down by the river and fell on my ass twice lol so that's a pair of light khaki combats with an inch of mud lol.

Passed even more of these makeshift shelters there's literally hundreds around here. Weird thing is most of the folk living in them are decently dressed etc ....I don't mean that to sound patronising but if you passed them away from these huts and tents you wouldn't look twice and wouldn't think they were homeless etc.

It's certainly not nice and I don't know their life situations or what brought them to this point but it's a shame I wouldn't want to have to live like that. Whole families with kids etc
Quite a few sleeping in cars and vans on this carpark too.
So not all pictures are nice when you're travelling , you see some things that make you really sad ......It's a screwed up world
20190123_100150.jpg
20190123_100153.jpg
20190123_100905.jpg
20190123_101025.jpg
20190123_101208.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
It certainly is a screwed up world Tam, posts like you've just done make one realise we should stop whinging about the little inconveniences we have to deal with and be very grateful for the good fortune we are all blessed with.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Hope your full with gas and water watching this as i'm heading that way on saturday and i dont want to get caught in snow either - i'd worry more about getting snowed in overnight as well and getting stuck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back