Very odd story of couple allegedly attacked in Motorhome (2 Viewers)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Sounds feasible but very high risk strategy on the part of the intruder i would have thought.:confused:

It sort of reminds of that old advert on tv........"You Ingleesh are so cleveeer, you make the cheese square to feet the bread":sneaky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This is sounding similar to another post, the locked car that was moved in the airport car park and a lipstick was found inside the locked car;).........did they leave home with this thousand pounds or did one of them need an alibi for spending it.;)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes, agree it sounds feasible. But I wonder if they were on an actual campsite, sounds more like a motorway service area, which of course we're all warned not to overnight on.

Many, many years ago when I were a lad, stayed with my parents on a campsite in France, tent in those days. Overnight every tent on the site was entered except ours because we had the old fashioned rope fastenings, everyone else had zips. Targets were wallets, most of which were found scattered about the site, emptied of cash of course but nothing else. Opportunists, and of course they're still at it. Disturbing about the possible drugging though.

Deleted User
I'm sure they wouldn't have left without reversing his polarity and putting a couple of loops in his hook up cable.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Can two people both sleep through receiving an injection? I would have thought both and at the very least one, would have woken up as the needle went in.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
So 4.5 hrs on the ferry + 5 hrs driving I would have thought that they would have been so tired the injection would not have been necessary.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
obviously some opportunistic little prick.:rolleyes:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Can two people both sleep through receiving an injection? I would have thought both and at the very least one, would have woken up as the needle went in.

Sure my wife would have woken if she felt a little prick:LOL::LOL:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Also who carries that amount of cash these days, we never have more than a couple of hundred Euros between us.

I carry at least 2000 Euros.

Hidden in my Ipad(y)

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I dont think insurers would cover you for that amount of loss.
Have spoken to several campers abroad who carry that much and more.
There is a time in the night where you are in such a deep sleep, not much would wake you up.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
What's more likely is that the "thief" wrapped cling film around both of them, thus rendering them incapable of moving. To make the wrapping more secure the loose ends of the film were stapled down hence the "puncture" marks and bruises, and they were then force fed Fray Bentos pies and Caramac bars to simulate feelings of extreme pleasure. The charge for this perverted service was 1000€, but after the couple woke up they would have experienced great feelings of regret over spending their entire holiday baguette allowance and so they concocted the story to enable them to make an insurance claim. Well that's what I think anyway.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
There is no campsite there, only an Aire.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's one of those things that you just can't say one way or the other, might well have been robbed we don't know, but as everyone else says , who would carry that sort of money around with them, we often say if someone broke into ours he would probably have more money on him than us, the only real thing of any value in our van would be our passports I think , we don't have jewellery, watches or any of the things that reputably get stolen , two old phones and a couple of tablets that's it , we travel very light;):)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
what a load of tosh im sure weve all had that dream where you cant move and if theres one phrase that pees me of more than" its my rights" its"we are struggling to find closure"

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How did they get in the van? They noticed no signs of a break in. Once in, with two sleeping pensioners why would you risk waking them up by sticking them with a needle? :rofl:

He said he's heard of gas attacks , I reckon he robbed her purse and made the whole story up to cover his tracks :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back