Very odd story of couple allegedly attacked in Motorhome (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Returning from holiday with 1,300euros:Eeek:

How much did they start off with??

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Let’s look at the evidence.....

He works at a hospital, she is a nurse so they know about drugs and needles... they have come all the way from Northern Ireland to Cherbourg after lunch and got to saint Leger in around 7-8hrs nonstop that’s about 8pm, at a site...?
Perhaps they got robbed on a rural site by someone with needles and drugs.... they’ve heard about gassing so they know the pitfalls about staying at service areas.....
no other break in damage, no other disturbances in the van..? If on a site, get up, toilets,wash,unplug, cup of tea breakfast and nothing untoward noticed..? Not even a bit drowsy/sick...?

Fact 1: the French police treat it like an insurance claim.....

Somewhere during their holiday they fecked up and lost something, perhaps a €1000’s not €1010, not €990 but €1000...
Whether Their fault or some robber is only known to them...

Fact 2: it’s bollox.....:p

Fact 3: this is only my opinion..... :D2

Given that they have a knowledge of drugs and needles.

If I may present:
Fact 4: Sex game gone wrong :roflmto::roflmto:

e4fe0e6625361e374b23523544330f39.jpg

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
and quickly followed up with todays story http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/b...ls-of-france-motorhome-burglary-36221975.html

"Darren kept driving and I got up to check a bag that I had buried in a locker above my daughter's bed and I couldn't believe it - five diamond rings, a watch and €1,300 were gone," Charlene explained.

At that point, Darren should have hit the brakes.
Missed opportunity :sneaky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
......I keep waiting for her to add to the list .....'and a partridge in a pear tree.'

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
You lot are so cynical, doesn't your wife take 5 diamond rings on holiday?
My wife does not have a £17,000 engagement ring and we certainly don't take €300 + €1300 on holiday, let alone bring that much cash home but I don't have any doubts in their story at all :whistle::whistle:
Their air vents were taped over he was told , what vents? My vents are on the roof.

E30866_800.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Every morning in Europe I wake up late, sometimes at night I feel a bit drowsy, I’m sure I’m being gassed but nothing has gone missing yet, I think they keep doing trial runs and waiting untill We’ve had that third bottle to make sure....:lipssealed:

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
Why is this site so full of negative people? Members post on here to help or ask for help or an opunion , and end up getting called a liar or insurance cheat. Or the subject of a cheap joke.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why is this site so full of negative people? Members post on here to help or ask for help or an opunion , and end up getting called a liar or insurance cheat. Or the subject of a cheap joke.

I think we are just commenting on a newspaper article really.

Not being particularly negative I don’t think but perhaps challenging the accuracy of the claims and / or the reporting.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Aw come on, be fair. We all carry 5 diamond rings in our camper, don't we?

I personally, always carry three french hens:whistle:

I shot the bloody calling birds(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Eh? Would you care to expand on that 'observation'?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You lot are so cynical, doesn't your wife take 5 diamond rings on holiday?
My wife does not have a £17,000 engagement ring and we certainly don't take €300 + €1300 on holiday, let alone bring that much cash home but I don't have any doubts in their story at all :whistle::whistle:
Their air vents were taped over he was told , what vents? My vents are on the roof.

View attachment 191860

I have actually got a louvred air vent in the hab door. I think I'd better tape it up on the inside .(y)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Can two people both sleep through receiving an injection? I would have thought both and at the very least one, would have woken up as the needle went in.

, my ex girlfriends never woke up when the needle went in!!!

Perhaps if I had a bigger needle !!!!

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
£17k of jewellery. Who has cover for that amount in their van and I doubt any household policy would cover this either.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
4 calling birds ,3 french hens ,an 5 diamond rings an a watch ,whatya say to £500 for the lot ?
Oh hell, now look what you lot have done ... he's already singing the ruddy Christmas carols! :doh:

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
Stolen from fb:

"After reading recent reports on thefts from motorhomes as a result of using gas/injection I have decided that this is a very lucrative profession to get into, for the following reasons...
1. The gas used must be very cheap - you can use enough to knock out everyone in the van, wherever they are sleeping, even though you don't know what value of goods you may find inside.
2. The gas must be very safe - there has not been a single reported case of serious injury or death as a result of its use, even though the motorhomes have been occupied by people of different ages, size, medical fitness, etc.
3. The crime is guaranteed safe for the perpetrator - the police never investigate, just issue a crime number. Also not a single person has been arrested or convicted of robbery through using gas.
4. The gas won't ever get traced back to the perpetrator, as no victims ever go for a blood test and toxicology report.
5. It seems that all motorhomers that are targeted have 1,000's of Pounds/Euros in cash on them, and often many 1,000's worth of jewellery.
6. No motorhomer targeted ever seems to use an alarm or have a safe to secure their cash and jewellery.
However, I seem to have noticed one downside to the profession, it seems that you must always leave the motorhome as you found it, put wallets back in pockets, valuables bags back in their hiding places, etc, so that the victims won't notice until much later on.
Since this seems to be a safe and certain way of making a lot of money very easily through crime and getting away with it can someone please tell me what the gas is, from where and at what price I can buy it from. Also, can you please advise how much I should use in a motorhome.
Thanks."

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I wouldn’t pick a funster to rob though,.... they haven’t got two pennies to rub together....:D2

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Stolen from fb:

"After reading recent reports on thefts from motorhomes as a result of using gas/injection I have decided that this is a very lucrative profession to get into, for the following reasons...

2. The gas must be very safe - there has not been a single reported case of serious injury or death as a result of its use, even though the motorhomes have been occupied by people of different ages, size, medical fitness, etc.
3. The crime is guaranteed safe for the perpetrator - the police never investigate, just issue a crime n

How do the robbers protect themselves from the effect of the gas?

Jan 2, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus
Exp
full timing since beginning 2017
Omg, I've got the giggles again, choking on my popcorn:ROFLMAO:, where do these people come from!!!!

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Some bugger just gassed me and nicked me popcorn :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun