G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
It’s a nice van alright, wouldn’t be my choice, but then it’s not my dream or new home.

Many people love those pull down beds, we prefer a layout where you don’t have to fold seats down etc every evening and you get a window each, but that also reduces the living space.

But if we all liked the same things, we would all be boring.
Thats the second thing I really am not sure about... I truly like the idea of having a permanent bed!. The first is the pink seats! But it has gas bottles and solar and batteries.

I'm looking at this one, but I cant help thinkng its over priced. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=274343321273
But I have no idea what I'm talking about... But I like the layout.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I am being brought back to this motorhome, repeatedly, for some strange reason.... Whilst totally not at all the internal I would like, it kinda has everything I'm gonna need....

it’s not pink, 😂 it’s the lighting... the pull down bed is made up all the time...
If you want to know anything about it, more info or more pictures just pm me and I’ll give you my phone number... And for the record I would give a substantial discount and throw in some extras for a Funster....👍🏼

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
it’s not pink, 😂 it’s the lighting... the pull down bed is made up all the time...
If you want to know anything about it, more info or more pictures just pm me and I’ll give you my phone number... And for the record I would give a substantial discount and grow in some extras for a Funster....👍🏼
Thanks just Smithy, You are on a short list, but I'll only pm you, when I know you are a main contender, that way, I'll not be wasting your time. Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I can’t tell you what you like or don’t like but what I’d need to think about is these 2 photos

Looks like NO oven, and to open the fridge you need to remove the ladder that goes to the bed, you then get into bed from the bottom and climb over your bedding.
it also looks like the bathroom door may foul on the bed ladder.

Then again a pull down bed over the cab, losses space and generates work each night before crawling in from the bottom of the bed.

I can’t tell you what you think of these, but I’m telling you to think before you open your wallet

Attachments

• 8EC03D1E-97AB-4930-BFE2-6DFC104FBA7B.png
    8EC03D1E-97AB-4930-BFE2-6DFC104FBA7B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 3419533C-0918-4CC5-8EA9-E29C8FD0D800.png
    3419533C-0918-4CC5-8EA9-E29C8FD0D800.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I am being brought back to this motorhome, repeatedly, for some strange reason.... Whilst totally not at all the internal I would like, it kinda has everything I'm gonna need....
Its not super expensive to get it reupholstered! Personally I don't like the high off the deck beds as the dogs find it a bugger climbing ladders :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thats the second thing I really am not sure about... I truly like the idea of having a permanent bed!. The first is the pink seats! But it has gas bottles and solar and batteries.

I'm looking at this one, but I cant help thinkng its over priced. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=274343321273
But I have no idea what I'm talking about... But I like the layout.
It's a nice looking MH but LHD so you may/may not like that. I'd be concerned about the weight with all the bits and bobs fitted so a weighbridge cert, with both axles weighed would be the first thing I'd want to see before going any further with it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can’t tell you what you like or don’t like but what I’d need to think about is these 2 photos

Looks like NO oven, and to open the fridge you need to remove the ladder that goes to the bed, you then get into bed from the bottom and climb over your bedding.
Its a transverse bed, it just looks like it's longitudinal due to the funny 'headboard' piece on the rear wall which is actually the side of the bed.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
May I ask, is this worth viewing? May I also ask, why is there a diesel heater in there? where do the fumes go?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=164306803444

I'm trying to plan viewings on several MH, over several days.. This one seems OK, yet there is a small voice inside telling me to walk away. I have no idea why.
Looks fine but doesn't seem to lend itself to a compost toilet, strange fitted one.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I think given the fact that you’ve no experience I’d do two things.

1. I‘d ask on here for anybody in your area that would be happy for you to pop along and look at their MH and discuss what you intend to use it for.

Most people will tell you layout is extremely important, but people use theirs for different things, we bought ours for a road trip and attending motorsport events, since the road trip was around the UK coast a tall van wouldn’t be ideal and since we would be moving every day we wanted a permanent bed (actually ended up with two single beds)
We also realised we would be getting into tight roads and having to turn around quite a lot as we wanted to see every harbour etc, so turning circle was important, as a commercial driver I ruled out certain chassis types straight away and knowing we were going to do quite high milage we wanted a van with low mileage, so we we sell it on it will have only low to average mileage.
We can get up and be on the road in the time it takes the kettle to boil, so we can get the sunrise and clear roads but others will drive to Spain and stay put for weeks, this means their needs are different.

2. I’d go to a really big dealer and spend time just looking and thinking about what you intend to do and how many people will be in the van, again it’s personal as I said we have 2 single beds, but we can also make up a double so it will sleep 4, but in my view 4 people in the MH would be too claustrophobic.

It’s a shame the NEC show isn’t around the corner, as that would be ideal.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You have highlighted a couple of vans that are completely different layout, one with a garage and one without which suggests to me that you are still a million miles from knowing what you want or how you are going to use the van, and that is something that only you can work out for yourself.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
You have highlighted a couple of vans that are completely different layout, one with a garage and one without which suggests to me that you are still a million miles from knowing what you want or how you are going to use the van, and that is something that only you can work out for yourself.

Exactly my point.

We hired a Motor Home some years ago and both loved and hated it, so when we went to buy we knew exactly what we were after.

Going at this blind will most likely see the wrong result

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok, we will take it this is on the level.
Right she is moving out of her house with two suitcases, so no 1, doesn't need much storage- campervan.
2 she is on her own, maybe someone else- campervan.
3 doesn't need 4 belted seats, - campervan.
4 her only vehicle and got to get in narrow and low spaces,- campervan.
5 she only needs this vehicle till she finds a house- campervan.
6 needs to keep warm on her own , small place to heat - campervan.
7 don't know what her finances are but if she needs to look after the pennies, cheap to run- campervan.
So if she wants a bit more room and a compost toilet a two berth pvc is more than ample.
But she has far more important things to think about with this adventure, where will she get any post , how long can she stay in France, with b...... Will she even be able to buy in France.
How is this corvid thing going to affect things.
It could be the thread of a lifetime and I am sure everyone on here will do their utmost to help her achieve her goal.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Ok, we will take it this is on the level.
Right she is moving out of her house with two suitcases, so no 1, doesn't need much storage- campervan.
2 she is on her own, maybe someone else- campervan.
3 doesn't need 4 belted seats, - campervan.
4 her only vehicle and got to get in narrow and low spaces,- campervan.
5 she only needs this vehicle till she finds a house- campervan.
6 needs to keep warm on her own , small place to heat - campervan.
7 don't know what her finances are but if she needs to look after the pennies, cheap to run- campervan.
So if she wants a bit more room and a compost toilet a two berth pvc is more than ample.
But she has far more important things to think about with this adventure, where will she get any post , how long can she stay in France, with b...... Will she even be able to buy in France.
How is this corvid thing going to affect things.
It could be the thread of a lifetime and I am sure everyone on here will do their utmost to help her achieve her goal.
You can buy in France but you might only be able to live their for 90 days at a time. So 180 ish days a year, after 31/12/20. If no deal.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
May I ask, is this worth viewing? May I also ask, why is there a diesel heater in there? where do the fumes go?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=164306803444

I'm trying to plan viewings on several MH, over several days.. This one seems OK, yet there is a small voice inside telling me to walk away. I have no idea why.
The location of the diesel heater is weird ... it's a cheap Chinese one that the owner has fitted which to me says that there may be an issue with the original heating system ...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The location of the diesel heater is weird ... it's a cheap Chinese one that the owner has fitted which to me says that there may be an issue with the original heating system ...
Yeah strange van all round, but, he does say he is a motorhome engineer, so you could maybe strike a deal for getting your toilet fitted. (y) :Smile:

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
You can buy in France but you might only be able to live their for 90 days at a time. So 180 ish days a year, after 31/12/20. If no deal.

There is a part of me hoping the two suitcases dont mean i'm flying there to do just that... As that is even scarier than buying a MH here!
However, my budget I have decided I need to increase! I have spotted this! and they are now watching you tube videos to see if they can accomodate me with the airhead composting toilet....
<Broken link removed>

Minxy Girl, Peter and Julie, I've come around to your way of thinkng!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Yeah strange van all round, but, he does say he is a motorhome engineer, so you could maybe strike a deal for getting your toilet fitted. (y) :Smile:
That's what I thought, then I thought maybe he lost his job, because he wasn't a good motorhome fitter :oops: Then I thought, I'm gonna have to look for a newer MH to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Ok, so things to know, its unlikely that the toilet top tank or waste will freeze unless your in extremely cold conditions. If thats the case there are lots of ways to stop this, from chemicals to physical heat options you can also only fill the header tank with water as you go, the black waste will generate some internal heat but again there are options such as environmentally friendly chemicals to lower the freezing point, and if needed remove the waste cassette and store in within the motorhome or some other place overnight.

Pee, especially if this other guy comes along and likes beer will fill the toilet waste tank quickly, but this can be done into other containers such as portable urinals (available for male or female) and deposed of responsibly, this will increase the useable time of the cassette considerably.

You can also use a second (or third) toilet cassette which will keep you off grid longer.

Grey waste can easily be trunked away with a simple pipe to am appropriate area nearby, or into a container and taken away.

I would suggest using a mixture of the above, once you have found the perfect spot to settle down, then either get a toilet plumbed in or if thats not doable, then get a proper chemical toilet as any installation in the motor home will at that point been a waste of effort, time and money and you may need to re-install a cassette system to sell the motor home once you've changed your mind or found/built the perfect house.

Remember every penny you spent on the Motor Home will reduce your budget for the house, and every ill advised modification to the Motor Home will reduce the price you get when you sell.

But the issue off grid is more likely to be water supply, not waste.
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post, if I have a composting toilet, it doesnt need any water! so the water lasts a lot longer... If I have space where the sewage cassette goes, I have space to carry more water. Is what I'm thinking....
If it snows, I'm able to collect fresh water... albeit, slightly chilled :oops:

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Its lovely, But I am really now listening to the good advice.. Big yes is more comfortable, but smaller is far more manageable, get roundable. All in all, its kinda safer, as I can litterally go anywhere without getting stuck up side streets etc.
I can get in shopping from the supermarket and park in the car park..
Everything that everyone has said, has finally registered in my brain!! (admittedly it took time). But the advice was totally sensible and had a lot of forethought! I am grateful that you are all so used and experienced to the possible pitfalls.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I'm narrowing it down! I'm going small.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Composting toilet replacing thetford , no more space for water very likely :)

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Ok, I'm on a rethink! They cant fit composting toilet to a moulded shower tray (with hole for toilet). Will consider fitting to another vehicle... (flat seperate shower tray)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm narrowing it down! I'm going small.
We thought we were going smaller(y) but ended up bigger ;) can't beat a bit of space and luxury if you are in it for a long time:LOL:

Garage or No garage is a good start?

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
I realise I am jumping here there and everywhere.. I'm sorry about that!
But there is a lady at the van site link, who travelled for 6 months in Europe, I'm going to Doncaster Sunday and she s going to go through all the pit falls pros and cons of all the different MH they have there... I'm taking Catchic's advice and not buying straight away.. But at least I'll be able to have a really good look around.... I'm sorry to be jumping, hopefully going for a test drive of something, then I'll have a much better idea of what I am or am not capable of driving.... Jeez, I wish my hubby had let me do more drivng.

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Unfortunately you've come into this adventure just as the rules are changing and from January you won't be able to spend more than 90 in any 180 days in EU countries........ so although it might seem boring and I'm certainly not trying to rain on your parade you will need to plan for this.

I do wish you all the best but take your time and think carefully.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back