G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Unfortunately you've come into this adventure just as the rules are changing and from January you won't be able to spend more than 90 in any 180 days in EU countries........ so although it might seem boring and I'm certainly not trying to rain on your parade you will need to plan for this.

I do wish you all the best but take your time and think carefully.

You are not raining on my parade, not by any means! - What you say I know will pose a problem..

When you lose everyone that matters to you, and all you have left are dreams, which tell you to hold on and keep going, no matter what obstacle comes in your way... That is all you have to hold onto, a dream that all will turn out right in the end...
And I believe we do not die, I believe there is more to this life than we all realise.. And this is my test of faith if you like.... And when the shit hits the fan, as no doubt it will... I will imagine all those who have gone before me, supporting me, there for me.... And I swear I am going to imagine them all in Motorhomes driving with me... And when the proverbial does hit...? I'm gonna damn well learn this song back to front and imagine them there supporting me!

Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure
By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post, if I have a composting toilet, it doesnt need any water! so the water lasts a lot longer... If I have space where the sewage cassette goes, I have space to carry more water. Is what I'm thinking....
If it snows, I'm able to collect fresh water... albeit, slightly chilled :oops:
... I'm trying to 'understand' your real concerns and the unwavering belief that you need to have a composting toilet. As extra toilet cassettes will sort out your 'human waste' issues, and putting aside any 'green' credentials, the main underlying problem seems to be water consumption ... is that correct?

Getting water is NOT a major issue, it really isn't. You won't consume anything like the quantity you will in a house, eg having a shower you don't have the water running continuously, you get wet, turn it off, soap up, turn on and rinse off and that's it. You don't flush the toilet as you would do at home either, it is a very small amount of water that is used and if you don't want to do that all the time a spay bottled with a bit of cleaner well diluted with water will keep it smelling sweet. You soon learn the MH way of water use without being totally silly about it and not showering :oops:.

You don't have to just use the water in the fresh water tank, you can have separate containers too, some people do this as they prefer not to drink out of the tank (never bothered us), and others just so they have extra with them.

Thousands and thousands of MHers spend long durations in one spot, either on a site, aires or wild camping and I've never met anyone who has a composting toilet or frets about water to the extent that you appear to be ... although I commend you for trying to ensure you don't have issues IMV it's getting blown way out of proportion at the expense of you being able to get a MH that suits all your needs.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
... I'm trying to 'understand' your real concerns and the unwavering belief that you need to have a composting toilet. As extra toilet cassettes will sort out your 'human waste' issues, and putting aside any 'green' credentials, the main underlying problem seems to be water consumption ... is that correct?

Getting water is NOT a major issue, it really isn't. You won't consume anything like the quantity you will in a house, eg having a shower you don't have the water running continuously, you get wet, turn it off, soap up, turn on and rinse off and that's it. You don't flush the toilet as you would do at home either, it is a very small amount of water that is used and if you don't want to do that all the time a spay bottled with a bit of cleaner well diluted with water will keep it smelling sweet. You soon learn the MH way of water use without being totally silly about it and not showering :oops:.

You don't have to just use the water in the fresh water tank, you can have separate containers too, some people do this as they prefer not to drink out of the tank (never bothered us), and others just so they have extra with them.

Thousands and thousands of MHers spend long durations in one spot, either on a site, aires or wild camping and I've never met anyone who has a composting toilet or frets about water to the extent that you appear to be ... although I commend you for trying to ensure you don't have issues IMV it's getting blown way out of proportion at the expense of you being able to get a MH that suits all your needs.

That’s very good advise, I really suggest you put this at the top of your need to know list.

I really think you’ll regret going down the composting toilet route in the longer term.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Minxy Girl.... you are right! But I do indeed have a problem with something which requires chemicals, i have a bigger problem, that no new MH dealer wants to deal with it! And an air head composting toilet to buy, will cost me £999..... but it gives me the option, to tip my pee anywhere :oops: yep, bloody anywhere! yes it has calcium and other elements in it. But no Chemicals! None!
Now my poo!:oops:(jeez Pen. clear you have had drink!) will get mixed with either peat, coconut bark, or god damn hamster bedding..... That toilet will last 2 people poo wise (bag toilet paper!) an month!!!!!! and it is already turning into compost!

Now I am new to this!... But how many of the members on this site, would like to go further than an Aire? but for the emptying of a toilet?
There is something out there, which will enable everyone to go further and for longer, without having to pay for a service which is not needed....
So Minxy, You are a guide to me at the moment! for you are making me think outside my narrow viewpoint... Try the flip side I have researched this toilet, yep because of a dream..... So I challenge you...
I am looking at the airhead compostible toilet.. there are SO many reviews!!! from so many users!

How much to stay in an aire / campsite or whatever... how much? to limit everyone from going further?
If you could see what I am being shown, and how much we are being controlled? why do you think a toilet that limits your possibilities is so good?

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
That’s very good advise, I really suggest you put this at the top of your need to know list.

I really think you’ll regret going down the composting toilet route in the longer term.

I know, that will defo not be a regret! my regret will to limit my dream!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp

To quoin a phrase? Bull shit!

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Many Aires are free in France, so you can dispose of waste & fill up with water at those! You also do not need chemicals in a cassette toilet, as you can have a SOG fitted( a sort of fan that biodegrades the waste) or even use bio wash liquid like many on here! 😀

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
O.K. Let me try a different approach, and by the way your circumstances reminded me so much of a friend that I actually asked her if she were you.

And just because I see things differently doesn’t mean I’m (and others) are not genuinely trying to help.

I’m assuming you currently have a washing machine, and use it to wash your clothes?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Minxy Girl.... you are right! But I do indeed have a problem with something which requires chemicals, i have a bigger problem, that no new MH dealer wants to deal with it! And an air head composting toilet to buy, will cost me £999..... but it gives me the option, to tip my pee anywhere :oops: yep, bloody anywhere! yes it has calcium and other elements in it. But no Chemicals! None!
Now my poo!:oops:(jeez Pen. clear you have had drink!) will get mixed with either peat, coconut bark, or god damn hamster bedding..... That toilet will last 2 people poo wise (bag toilet paper!) an month!!!!!! and it is already turning into compost!

Now I am new to this!... But how many of the members on this site, would like to go further than an Aire? but for the emptying of a toilet?
There is something out there, which will enable everyone to go further and for longer, without having to pay for a service which is not needed....
So Minxy, You are a guide to me at the moment! for you are making me think outside my narrow viewpoint... Try the flip side I have researched this toilet, yep because of a dream..... So I challenge you...
I am looking at the airhead compostible toilet.. there are SO many reviews!!! from so many users!

How much to stay in an aire / campsite or whatever... how much? to limit everyone from going further?
If you could see what I am being shown, and how much we are being controlled? why do you think a toilet that limits your possibilities is so good?
You will be able to find an Aire almost every day for free, where you can empty and fill , our cassette lasts two of us at least three days so you will be good for a week.
What I have seen of these composters is they just look like a wooden box, so in theory all you have to do is more or less just put them anywhere, can't see what the problem fitting them can be.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” --Mark Twain

I think, you may wish to review your quote... For you are being bigotry, in that you are not familiar with what I am talking about.... There are many you tubes out there, the good, bad and ugly of Airhead toilet.... And NO I am not affiliated with, gettng commison off, nada! I have done my research....

So Stonemags76.... I suggest you look at the freedom an Airhead will give you!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
You will be able to find an Aire almost every day for free, where you can empty and fill , our cassette lasts two of us at least three days so you will be good for a week.
What I have seen of these composters is they just look like a wooden box, so in theory all you have to do is more or less just put them anywhere, can't see what the problem fitting them can be.

Please look at the good bad and ugly on you tube! for I can assure you, you will find more freedom in this toilet!
am grateful chaser, I do not know the van i need.... But I will be damned if a bloody toilet wll limit my dream ;)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Please look at the good bad and ugly on you tube! for I can assure you, you will find more freedom in this toilet!
am grateful chaser, I do not know the van i need.... But I will be damned if a bloody toilet wll limit my dream ;)
But that is just it, you are letting a toilet spoil your choice of motorhome.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
O.K. Let me try a different approach, and by the way your circumstances reminded me so much of a friend that I actually asked her if she were you.

And just because I see things differently doesn’t mean I’m (and others) are not genuinely trying to help.

I’m assuming you currently have a washing machine, and use it to wash your clothes?
Oh I do! but in my 2 suitcase packing, I'm now sending cashmere to the charity... Hubby and I bought (in the sale) £5. fleece from Tesco.... I am donating all my good clothes to charity, for I will need warmth which is easily washable and dryable....
Air ambulance lucked out on the Armani etc.... Lighthouse for the homeless were happy to take my offerings.
But the attitude at air ambulance? what do you know, the helicopter gets 10% of all donated. The rest? well syphoned off 1st for the staff, then the directors, then they sell everything to other charities thats beneath them....
I swear donating opens your eyes to the fact that charity in this country is a scam!

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
To quoin a phrase? Bull shit!
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” --Mark Twain

I think, you may wish to review your quote... For you are being bigotry, in that you are not familiar with what I am talking about.... There are many you tubes out there, the good, bad and ugly of Airhead toilet.... And NO I am not affiliated with, gettng commison off, nada! I have done my research....

So Stonemags76.... I suggest you look at the freedom an Airhead will give you!
To quoin a phrase? 'Dont make me angry, you wouldnt like me when I'm angry'

Oh I do! but in my 2 suitcase packing, I'm now sending cashmere to the charity... Hubby and I bought (in the sale) £5. fleece from Tesco.... I am donating all my good clothes to charity, for I will need warmth which is easily washable and dryable....
Air ambulance lucked out on the Armani etc.... Lighthouse for the homeless were happy to take my offerings.
But the attitude at air ambulance? what do you know, the helicopter gets 10% of all donated. The rest? well syphoned off 1st for the staff, then the directors, then they sell everything to other charities thats beneath them....
I swear donating opens your eyes to the fact that charity in this country is a scam!

Know what, I was once told “you can’t put sense where there ain’t none” that was maybe 40years ago, and finally I get it.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
But that is just it, you are letting a toilet spoil your choice of motorhome.
I am not! am damn well not letting a toilet dictate how long i can go out on the road! my perspective!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Know what, I was once told “you can’t put sense where there ain’t none” that was maybe 40years ago, and finally I get it.
Oh really Boris? jeez good job we are not ever likely to have a drink together! I can assure you I have a lot of sense..... Just have no idea about MH life!

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
😱😱😱 OMG! you did not like me criticizing your quote 😱😱😱😱 Shit happens happens, someone will fnd you out sooner or later! xx

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

You don't need any chemicals in a cassette toilet, we have a 250 litre black tank that I reckon would last one person a month, with the addition of a natural product the contents are basically reduced to a black water which I am told makes a very good fertiliser but not tried it on the veg plot yet.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
You don't need any chemicals in a cassette toilet, we have a 250 litre black tank that I reckon would last one person a month, with the addition of a natural product the contents are basically reduced to a black water which I am told makes a very good fertiliser but not tried it on the veg plot yet.

I have had a drink! and a bad day! am I allowed to swear on here?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have had a drink! and a bad day! am I allowed to swear on here?
Just a tip , don't get arsey because there are people on here who will eat you up and spit out the pips.
Not me by the way, all you have had on here up to yet is good advice and encouragement.

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Just a tip , don't get arsey because there are people on here who will eat you up and spit out the pips.
Not me by the way, all you have had on here up to yet is good advice and encouragement.
Chaser, I swear on my heart, I am not getting Arsey! as God is my witness I am not!

My neighbour is trying to saboutage the sale of my house!

I have had a bad day!

If i come across Arsey? it s because you have not met me....

There is not a bad bone in my body! and just occasionally, I stand up for myself.... On my life I am not being arsey! x

OP
OP
G

Going Nowhere

Free Member
Jul 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
Click whir, just got it, it’s like a guessing game, are you a drunk American?
No I am not... And I have spoken to one of you, who has so gratiously offered to help me navigate the MH life....
So If the person who has offered to aide me, wishes to come forward... You have spoken to me!

It is quite possible they think me a nutter! tbh... But they will tell you, I damn well know my composting toilets ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back