Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks I'm still nervous of the size of the cab and the distance from the windscreen but I'm sure I'll get used to it by the time I get it home

Mine is the same You'll come to love it. The visibility is superb and it feels very luxurious. Everyone who comes in my van says, wow, what a lot of space you've got here! I grow things along the window - chills and small cactus. There's so much room they don't interfere with my vision at all - and that's another thing - when you're out there, driving with all that glass around it feels amazing.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mine is the same You'll come to love it. The visibility is superb and it feels very luxurious. Everyone who comes in my van says, wow, what a lot of space you've got here! I grow things along the window - chills and small cactus. There's so much room they don't interfere with my vision at all - and that's another thing - when you're out there, driving with all that glass around it feels amazing.

Enjoy.
Ha ha I never thought about a mobile greenhouse there's an idea

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, it does attract a bit of attention not all of it welcome. I got noses stuck to my windscreen as people take pictures! I'm going to experiment this winter with small tubs of spinach and lettuce - all firmly secured thanks to the miracle of velcro!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes, it does attract a bit of attention not all of it welcome. I got noses stuck to my windscreen as people take pictures! I'm going to experiment this winter with small tubs of spinach and lettuce - all firmly secured thanks to the miracle of velcro!
Ha ha yes although I'd imagine the van gets a lot of attention by itself.

I had that for years when I used to customise vw camper vans, I enjoyed making them stand out etc but sometimes it was like being in a goldfish bowl.
I had a bright green camper van at one point and a trailer/ caravan I had made from the rear end of a mk1 golf.... It looked great and really turned heads but it was a nightmare on dual carriage ways etc.... I could never pull out to overtake as there was always some pillock alongside me gawping and pointing at the half car and taking pictures etc

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I looked all over the place up here for the right van, looked at a few down south, then by chance the ideal van turned up in Perth so happy days. Hope you get on ok.
Looks lovely! Don't worry about distance to windscreen. When we moved to Aclass earier this year, I thought I would need binoculars, but got used to it in the first 10 miles or so. When I last sat in a coach built, it felt like my nose was touching the screen!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In Birmingham God I'm knackered I think when I pick up the van I'll just go straight to bed

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Apologies if any if the fifty or so motorhomes that have passed me are funsters..... I'm still crapping myself too much to wave

And the bloody m6 is closed I'm gonna have to find another route home.... I'm in Stafford services now

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just caught up had very little internet, WOW that's a beautiful van, I'm sure you will have lots of pleasure in it, just take the journey as it comes no point in getting stressed, where ever the van is that's home , don't forget "your never on the wrong road just a different one."

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I do wish I'd brought my maps and satnav with me doh.... Figured it would just be a drive up the m6, came off at j18 and now on the a50 but I believe that's blocked too.... Nightmare don't know this area well at all

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
as everyone will be on the A50, try to get over to the A34 and come upt o Manchester that way rejoin m60 at cheadle then round to m61 to go up north onto m6 at preston, long way round i know but you will be moving,

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
I do wish I'd brought my maps and satnav with me doh.... Figured it would just be a drive up the m6, came off at j18 and now on the a50 but I believe that's blocked too.... Nightmare don't know this area well at all
Do you have a mobile with map function on it? Might work at a push to get you back on the M6 again .........

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yep call it a night. Enjoy some rest in your new van . Look forward to seeing it next month. Does it have a name?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
WOW....you have a lot of beautiful MH there to enjoy....have you given it a 'wow' worthy name?:D enjoy your travels:whistle::D
I'm thinking "lady francis" franky for short :p

Moving in to it at present running out of space

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Glad you got back safely. It really is a beautiful MH. Hope the weather stays fine while you are transferring stuff into it.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad you got back safely. It really is a beautiful MH. Hope the weather stays fine while you are transferring stuff into it.
Spent the night at beamish and tottered home this morning I have to say she drives lovely.
Think I'm going to have to go through my belongings again and discard some more this van is designed for 6 people lol and I'm running out of wardrobe space :p

Reversing camera doesn't work which means getting it in the drive isn't happening so having to load her up in the street

On the positive side though I'm fairly entertaining my neighbours

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
What a superb looking motorhome. I'm very jealous. Don't forget that, with a van of that length, you will probably find that the front and rear have their own separate microclimates.

Front:

IMG_1002.JPG

Rear:

IMG_1001.JPG

I wish you many years of fun with it. :dance2:

Jan 30, 2011
west sussex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
10 year
Train Ticket booked, insurance sorted, half the money paid ( glad I checked the max amount I could transfer in one go that could have been embarrassing) so all set to collect my new to me MH tomorrow

Don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight

Incidentally the fecking train ticket cost the same price as a years road tax
Public transport pffft

Jan 30, 2011
west sussex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
10 year
Yes would agree re checking payment by banking,when we brought our van privately the seller did not like the thought of a bankers draft, our bank could not give us £28,000 cash,so we agreed with seller to do a bank transfer on line from our account while they watched it being carried out,seemed safe way to do it, tried to transfer money then bank message,please call this number,they advised we could only transfer £10,000 per 24hrs so thought set up two further dates for remainder,wrong another please call bank this time they explained Only £10,000 per day,so here we are in Liverpool £10,000 paid but can't pay the rest until the next Two days we offered seller if we stayed the night in the motorhome we could hopfully pay another £10,000, the next day,
as we live in Sussex we could hardly pop back for two days,further payments,
Take the motorhome she said you both seem to be trustworthy and transfer when you get home,this we did but a lesson on trying to obtain your own money learned. Apart from saving the embarrassment,
great there are still some honest and trustworthy people.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wasn't quite so bad my daily limit was £25k so I transferred some the day before collecting and did the balance when there

Very trusting of them to allow you to take the van away before the had the money

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Glad the journey home was safe ! It can be a bum clenching excersise the first time and I was just the passenger and ours was only 61/2 metres long!
A lovely van and now soon to be your home!
Congratulations to a big new adventure in 'lady Francis' .. Aka Frankie!!!
Let us know how you get on!! Always someone to chat to on here !!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad the journey home was safe ! It can be a bum clenching excersise the first time and I was just the passenger and ours was only 61/2 metres long!
A lovely van and now soon to be your home!
Congratulations to a big new adventure in 'lady Francis' .. Aka Frankie!!!
Let us know how you get on!! Always someone to chat to on here !!
The next challenge will be getting it in to my mother's drive which we have to do today, the reversing camera isn't working which is a real pain ( need to get that looked at somehow) as it's currently still parked in the street. So will have to get my sister and brother in law to keep watch for obstacles as I manoeuvre it in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back