Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Just make sure their hand signals are nice and clear and visible, not like my wife who insists on giving hers behind the motorhome thinking I can see her and then shouting at me because I wasn't watching carefully enough(n)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just make sure their hand signals are nice and clear and visible, not like my wife who insists on giving hers behind the motorhome thinking I can see her and then shouting at me because I wasn't watching carefully enough(n)
Make sure both windows are open as I shout and Rob says he can't hear!!!
The camera will be a godsend so get that sorted asap or s new one.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Make sure both windows are open as I shout and Rob says he can't hear!!!
The camera will be a godsend so get that sorted asap or s new one.
Yeah not sure what's up with the camera I'm a little annoyed as the previous owner never mentioned it was faulty right up till the moment I was taking the van out their driveway by which time the deal was done.
The monitor just says no signal all the time time, problem is with this opp happening on Tuesday I've zero time to get it looked at before it's parked up for a few weeks grrr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yeah not sure what's up with the camera I'm a little annoyed as the previous owner never mentioned it was faulty right up till the moment I was taking the van out their driveway by which time the deal was done.
The monitor just says no signal all the time time, problem is with this opp happening on Tuesday I've zero time to get it looked at before it's parked up for a few weeks grrr
We found the monitor still worked but the actual camera was faulty so only that needed changing . Can you see if someone can come out and do it on the drive . There are a lot of MH and caravan mobile services around.
Good luck with the operation soon.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We found the monitor still worked but the actual camera was faulty so only that needed changing . Can you see if someone can come out and do it on the drive . There are a lot of MH and caravan mobile services around.
Good luck with the operation soon.
Yeah my money is on the camera to be honest, if I can get in to it I'll probably buy a replacement and change it myself as soon as I'm able to tinker :p
I've found a second hand Tv dvd on gumtree quite local for the rear bedroom as there's currently only one in the lounge area so I'm picking that up at some point today too
The plan is I'll be out in the van as much as I can so my mother and I aren't driving each other crazy while I'm at hers ( I've not lived in my mother's house in 24 years :p)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds like a good plan!!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Went in the drive a lot easier than I expected straight in first time and can still get mums car in too so that's a bonus and better for my ears
Starting to look a little more homely now... Removed the carpets and the original table and stuck them up the loft.
20170820_140935.jpg
20170820_140955.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A lovely van !!! So pleased it fits down the drive!
So am I not to mention relieved as leaving it out in the street wasn't going to be possible
Hopefully I can get all my tinkering jobs done while I'm recuperating.
Damm camera is annoying can't find how to access the wiring for that

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If the wire for the camera disappears into the van through a grommet you can usually pull the grommet out and the plugs come out of the hole hope fully they will be a red and yellow plugs which is just a plug and play option with most cameras from ebay

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If the wire for the camera disappears into the van through a grommet you can usually pull the grommet out and the plugs come out of the hole hope fully they will be a red and yellow plugs which is just a plug and play option with most cameras from ebay
No grommet on this the wire goes through a hole in the panel.
There's a panel accross the back of the van at the top with the high level brake light in it, the camera is mounted just below that, I'm hoping if I take the brake light out that the cables might be in there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back