Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Uh oh, No! Fortunately I'm far too old to have personal experience of that situation.
I have just made a sweeping and unfounded judgement based on having met Tam twice, with absolutely no alcohol consumed on either occasion. But I do believe he judges himself harshly and is bit of a perfectionist. :giggle: :wondering:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ha ha nope not there , it's a little bit of the locking catch for my side window that broke off months back and I put it somewhere safe till I got some strong glue to fix it ...which I've now got but i cant find the piece of plastic

It's in here somewhere i just don't know where
We put bits like that in our cutlery drawer to keep it safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Uh oh, No! Fortunately I'm far too old to have personal experience of that situation.
I have just made a sweeping and unfounded judgement based on having met Tam twice, with absolutely no alcohol consumed on either occasion. But I do believe he judges himself harshly and is bit of a perfectionist. :giggle: :wondering:
Val how is your doggy today after the vet visit?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wouldn't have said staggered but I am knackered lol ... and my dogs are bloody hyper .
Well you fell out the front door, you will probably claim the dogs dragged you. No way those little things could pull your bulk. :rofl:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right so an update on the van electrics.

When we checked the ebl charging etc there was nothing showing on the panel going in from the engine , so we checked the main fuse from the starter battery ....the 50 amp one that I had fitted the other day in ghent as mine had an 80amp fitted. We discovered that 50amp fuse was blown. ....so we refitted the 80amp fuse and tested the input again and we were getting 21amps. The most I've been getting the last year was 3.5-4amps

SO
We have deduced this was one of two things.
Either the original 80amp fuse was not fitted correctly and was down the side of the holder rather than between the pins.

Or that the pins were oxidized and by removing and changing fuses its cleaned them a bit and now getting current through.
The 50amp fuse we think was blown already when I bought it and as the van was hooked up on electric at the time I admit I hadn't actually checked to see after I'd fitted it.

So anyway it looks like the engine charging is now working ok.

So we then started fiddling with the dt201 control panel....theres a couple of buttons on this that arent working properly ....the + button doesn't work at all and the 12v on off button is temperamental....but anyway we reset the panel and it seems to be generally working ok ....the voltages it displays correspond with readings from the batteries. And somehow the water tank readings now work also ....but we arent quite sure what we did there.
So I'm going to see how it works over the next few weeks with the engine charging working etc hopefully my batteries wont get low enough to be shutting down.
If problems persist I'll replace the control panel but at the minute it's an expensive outlay for possibly just 2 dodgy buttons.

We think both solar controllers I have fitted are faulty as the one that charges the engine battery is taking it way up to 15.2volts when also connected to hookup etc so I've ordered a new votronic 250amp dual controller and the wiring loom to connect it to the ebl so I get readings on the control panel.
Hopefully that should perform better and prevent overcharging etc.

So for now it looks like everything is working ok
I'm going to try the heating connected back through the system as it should be and see how that works out.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
250 amp? to make use of that you will need 30 panels on the roof. :ROFLMAO:
? I told you I've not a clue with electrics ....volts I just about know ......amps watts ohms etc etc I haven't a clue ??

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
? I told you I've not a clue with electrics ....volts I just about know ......amps watts ohms etc etc I haven't a clue ??

Tam

It starts like this

V/I = R .........

Oh never mind!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Right so an update on the van electrics.

When we checked the ebl charging etc there was nothing showing on the panel going in from the engine , so we checked the main fuse from the starter battery ....the 50 amp one that I had fitted the other day in ghent as mine had an 80amp fitted. We discovered that 50amp fuse was blown. ....so we refitted the 80amp fuse and tested the input again and we were getting 21amps. The most I've been getting the last year was 3.5-4amps

SO
We have deduced this was one of two things.
Either the original 80amp fuse was not fitted correctly and was down the side of the holder rather than between the pins.

Or that the pins were oxidized and by removing and changing fuses its cleaned them a bit and now getting current through.
The 50amp fuse we think was blown already when I bought it and as the van was hooked up on electric at the time I admit I hadn't actually checked to see after I'd fitted it.

So anyway it looks like the engine charging is now working ok.

So we then started fiddling with the dt201 control panel....theres a couple of buttons on this that arent working properly ....the + button doesn't work at all and the 12v on off button is temperamental....but anyway we reset the panel and it seems to be generally working ok ....the voltages it displays correspond with readings from the batteries. And somehow the water tank readings now work also ....but we arent quite sure what we did there.
So I'm going to see how it works over the next few weeks with the engine charging working etc hopefully my batteries wont get low enough to be shutting down.
If problems persist I'll replace the control panel but at the minute it's an expensive outlay for possibly just 2 dodgy buttons.

We think both solar controllers I have fitted are faulty as the one that charges the engine battery is taking it way up to 15.2volts when also connected to hookup etc so I've ordered a new votronic 250amp dual controller and the wiring loom to connect it to the ebl so I get readings on the control panel.
Hopefully that should perform better and prevent overcharging etc.

So for now it looks like everything is working ok
I'm going to try the heating connected back through the system as it should be and see how that works out.
:xblink:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I left Lenny HB around 5pm heading towards Bristol for picking up the toad tomorrow, didn't want to drive all the way there tonight so I'm stopped in an industrial estate in warminster for the night. Its not pretty but its quiet and out the way which is handy for a friday night.

I cant believe I managed to drive on the wrong side of the road again ?‍♂️turned out of lennys street which is quite narrow with cars parked either side , pulled out on to the next street which heads to the main road and I was on the wrong side so when I reached the main road junction I was on the right hand side of the traffic island....much to the confusion of a van waiting to turn in
Fortunately I realised and had to reverse and pull over in to the correct lane
Can only assume its after being parked up 3 days I went on to autopilot

I did that last year too ....

Anyway I've got the telly and the heater on to see how much power I use and whether the engine will replace it tomorrow.
I've connected the heater back up with the proper wiring that goes through the van system.
I'm hoping its all sorted now...fingers crossed.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
their not hyper , just running up & down trying to keep warm , remember their Spanish ?
Nar, they are just mentsl they tried to wreck my lounge last night, they are only little, guess who's boss & its not Tam.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I had heating and telly plus a few lights on last night from about 8.30 to midnight , batteries dropped from 12.9 to 12.6v..and from 99% to 91%

This morning they are sitting at 12.6v

So I'll see when I start toby up what amps are going in from charger and where the percentage rises to today . I'm hoping a few hours drive will put back to 100% fingers crossed.

Just got of phone to fred west ( yes thsts his real name lol ) who's selling the toad and I'll be there around midday will post a pic up later.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp