Subs are going up on the 3rd August (3 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
That is not the point it’s the increase in one hit

if you cannot see where ime coming from then please do not insult me
I really did not read Northernraider's offer as being in any way insulting. I think he was just trying to help out some-one worried about the increase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
The hours and hours of entertainment and knowledge gained on here for 20 quid a year is well worth it and the discounts are well good
happy GIF

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I think that with the increase it’s still good vfm.
I come on here most days and sometimes three times a day.
MHF gives me information, opinions, advice, entertainment……..and sometimes it drives me crazy!

I haven’t worked out how much my time on here costs me each day,but I know it’s a tiny sum and we’ll worth it.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
in my account details under subscriptions it says

EASTER SUBS SALE - Annual Subs 5 Years Save £20 £55.00 for 5 years
Expires: Oct 31, 2025

does this mean im paid up until Oct 31, 2025
so i can save 40 quid

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Its a 33% rise, which is a massive amount. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jocks and Northerners are not organising a march on Sutton on Sea at this very moment! :smiley:
Its a diabolical liberty! How can anyone justify such a massive increase in these hard times, what with this and the price rise of my Chateau Lafite, I might have to cut the hours of my masseuse

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It's a bit telling that in 4 pages of comment's I can only see 1 who can't see that £5 increase in 8 years is remarkable value,
Percentages are a bit beyond me but in real money it's 9p a week surly that can't be complained about.

Jul 4, 2021
Chislehurst, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E425
Exp
Maybe it's based on posts per member.....OK from now now on, every ,member has to post at least once a day...I'll start....Hi, I'm John, xx

This site is just bloody awesome......I am on an Arsenal forum, where all we see, is how shite how we are, how crap our manager is, and how bloomin awful our team is....and that is all FOR FREE......Christ, I would HATE to pay 15-20 quid a year FOR ACTUAL GOOD INFO...God thats dreadful.....lolol

PS: I love it here.....

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I can only go on the figures supplied. When I 1st log on I see a membership of 50000 plus. Not a viewing audience. Then I can only multiply that by the subscription £20. Jim has not responded with the true figures so what am I supposed to do. Can you give me the correct figures ? As I stated a 33% increase on my bills is not sustainable in my current situation this is not a rant it is facts. If I don’t stand up for myself who will. A 33% percent increase in all my bills would force me to sell my motorhome and take away the only freedom I have. Sometimes people need to take a stance. I need gas I need electric. I need coal. I need companionship and communication. But if the 2 latter are beyond my means then they have to go. It’s ok if people can afford these luxuries
Have a look at post #65, that will give you a good clue as to numbers.

It is not 33% on all of your bills, it is 33% of one bill, equating to less than 10p per week. Not been increased in 8 years as I understand it. In those 8 years everything you have been buying will have gone up but gradually. And your state pension has gone up by about 24% to cover that increase. Which means that it is about 3p per week more than the amount your pension has gone up.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It’s not all bad news, this is the first subs rise since we introduced Life Membership, so I imagine most life members will be delighted with this news. :D
You betcha! :LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Its a 33% rise, which is a massive amount. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jocks and Northerners are not organising a march on Sutton on Sea at this very moment! :smiley:
Oiy! Oiy! Oiy! Just hang on there you suvvern shandy drinking softy! Don’t you go lumping us ruffty tuffty norvveners in with them Jocklanders, mind you there’s them from wrong’t side of t’ Pennines, them Yorkshireites they are tight. I can hear the shouts from here ‘Ow much!!
:giggler: :giggler:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Seems a lot 25% increase. 50,000 members x £20. Think I might have to move on next year. Only joined this year during a discount period. Shame because I do enjoy the site
If you really, REALLY, think that paying an extra £5 a year is a lot, especially when Jim is unlikely to increase it again for a good few years, then you are in the wrong place ... the amount of help and info that is given on this forum will likely save you a heck of a lot more than that.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Id hazzard a guess its probably the same 1000 members who post regularly ....if that .
Make that 999 as there's one prolific hairy Welsh person (aka ShiftZZ ) who will be 'permanently absent' soon! >:)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
It is what you get when you have a problem & can get instant answers from a large amount of people in minutes. Not hours or days like many other sites I use. When you've broken down & are on the side of the road in a foreign country the instant assistance to questions asked is both helpful & reassuring. Added to that is that many members will also go out of there way to either contact you direct or turn up & help.
20 quid is a bargain
when I had my slip( tumble) :X3: at Highland ends in early july, I popped that up on the forum, saying how silly I was, next morning Funsters, bless them bringing me ice gel, ankle support, lots of support on line so brilliant to have that friendly support, being our 1st trip out to meet everyone, like hubby said ( how lovely was that, you can't put a price on that!) Happy to pay up for the next 3_years
Dancing GIF

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
when I had my slip( tumble) :X3: at Highland ends in early july, I popped that up on the forum, saying how silly I was, next morning Funsters, bless them bringing me ice gel, ankle support, lots of support on line so brilliant to have that friendly support, being our 1st trip out to meet everyone, like hubby said ( how lovely was that, you can't put a price on that!) Happy to pay up for the next 3_years
Dancing GIF
I suspect they really came to see what particular tipple you had partaken of and nick it off you! :giggle:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Personally, being a member of several Internet forums, I’d recommend £30 a year, which would still be cheap 👍🏻

You tell them Edds..........

Why not whack it up to £52 a year.... still only works out to less than half a litre a week of diesel...

And where can you get to on that...

Make the subs £100 a year..... would not worry me..... :doh::rofl:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
if you cannot see where ime coming from then please do not insult me
I didn't perceive the feedback provided as attempts to insult you.

Please see the following post for the comparison of current uplift to year on year increases relative to the actual number of paying subscribers…

Post in thread 'Subs are going up on the 3rd August'
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/subs-are-going-up-on-the-3rd-august.246062/post-4618020

Also, the provision of this site doesn’t come for free, there will be infrastructure and operational overheads which will not necessarily have remained static for 8 years (since last uplift). How much is the personal time invested by those running the site and related functions/events actually worth if you attempt to price such?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I think it’s great value for money at the best of times and is part of my waking up routine of a couple of mugs of coffee, do the quiz, see what’s happening with everyone, see if the moaners are still moaning :giggle:

Through this Covid malarkey it’s really helped me stay sane especially when I might have felt a bit sorry for myself. There’s always someone on here with a tale to tell who puts my worries in perspective.

Motorhome knowledge freely and willingly given. Unlimited kindness and support.

We’ve already had 5 weeks away this year in the van at least with another 5 booked all connected to MHF directly or indirectly.

The discounts are nice but I didn’t join for those. We’d been members for years before we bought a new van and took advantage of the Vanbitz alarm etc.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Well I’m only a youngster at 50, so I reckon I’ve made a sure bet at the life membership deal.
oh dear tempting fate, no bungy jumping or sky diving for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back