Subs are going up on the 3rd August (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well I’m only a youngster at 50, so I reckon I’ve made a sure bet at the life membership deal.
oh dear tempting fate, no bungy jumping or sky diving for me.
You'll be safe so long as you don't get onto my VERY long hit-list >:) ... guess who's on the top! :giggle: When I finally feel well enough and have the urge to start working my way down it the membership will reduce a bit ... that's why Jim is increasing the subs now so he can get the funding in before I start 'exterminating'. :LOL:

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
You'll be safe so long as you don't get onto my VERY long hit-list >:) ... guess who's on the top! :giggle: When I finally feel well enough and have the urge to start working my way down it the membership will reduce a bit ... that's why Jim is increasing the subs now so he can get the funding in before I start 'exterminating'. :LOL:
Wow tough love. 😮😮😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you really, REALLY, think that paying an extra £5 a year is a lot, especially when Jim is unlikely to increase it again for a good few years, then you are in the wrong place ... the amount of help and info that is given on this forum will likely save you a heck of a lot more than that.
When I was in hospital in Germany last year I had Funsters offering to drive hundreds of miles out of there way to help if I needed it, one even offered to fly over to drive my van back. (y)

O&A live might suit him better. :rofl:

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Personally I think this is disgusting.

Notifying members in advance of an increase in charges that amount to approximately 33%, giving them time to prepare for it, only to then give them the chance to SAVE approximately 11.5% on the current price for next three years on the most accessible term.

How very dare you Jim you should be ashamed.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
How small a fraction are the sub payers? I would not mind a £1 pound a year rise and I don’t do a standing order. Think a 33% hike will chase a lot of yearly subscribers away. This the most costly website I belong to. I pay for camper contact search for sites etc and yours is the most costly and basically to communicate with members. I understand running costs but definitely think it’s getting a bit costly

I know from the info I’ve got from from members on here I’ve saved more than the subs.

Also I like when we go to meets or rally’s we get our own “special” area.
Very often close to the action at Warner’s shows.

Just my view obviously and definitely not sucking up to Jim as we don’t always see eye to eye 😊

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Who has caused to much upset to a delicate flower?
How have you been offended so?
Surely you haven’t been maligned by any body here.

CC. Shiftzz
Hull town council
Anybody unfortunate to come from ‘Ull 😄 🥰🥰

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
in my account details under subscriptions it says

EASTER SUBS SALE - Annual Subs 5 Years Save £20 £55.00 for 5 years
Expires: Oct 31, 2025

does this mean im paid up until Oct 31, 2025
so i can save 40 quid
Well my subscription lasts to 2023 and I've just bought a life membership, so I expect Jim to extend my membership by two years into the afterlife cute-ghost-emoji-isolated-on-260nw-1868330386.jpg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:to

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If you get a knock at the door, that'll be the men in white coats coming to cart you off, (If that's your reason for coming on the site)
It amounts to self abuse, reading Mo's jokes.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Well my subscription lasts to 2023 and I've just bought a life membership, so I expect Jim to extend my membership by two years into the afterlife View attachment 522567 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:to

I know he’s a powerful force but I’m not sure he’s got that much control in the afterlife 🤔

Thinking about it, can we leave our life membership in our wills.

If so does the recipient have to be a certain age group 🤔😊

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi Jim Can you confirm the 5 year discount price as it seems at odds with the other discounts, I was looking at the 5 year option but would be silly to do so when the 3 year one offers much better value for money.

Based on the 10 year rate (£11/year) and the 3 year rate (£13.33/year) I would have hoped the 5 year rate would be in the £12/year range giving a price of £60.

I assume I need to make a decision today as new rates come in soon so would be grateful for your view on this please.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim Can you confirm the 5 year discount price as it seems at odds with the other discounts, I was looking at the 5 year option but would be silly to do so when the 3 year one offers much better value for money.

Based on the 10 year rate (£11/year) and the 3 year rate (£13.33/year) I would have hoped the 5 year rate would be in the £12/year range giving a price of £60.

I assume I need to make a decision today as new rates come in soon so would be grateful for your view on this please.

Sorry that is a typo on the page, if you click through to PP it will be 70 (y)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Subs have been the same price here for almost 8 years. On Monday they will go up a fiver a year, to £20. This rise plays an essential part in our plans to keep this the very best place for motorhome enthusiasts and continue to make it better and better.

I know from bitter experience this will make some of you moan, 😡but please don’t do it here, if you don’t see the value, if you don’t want to pay, no one is forcing you to, just don’t renew when the time comes. No hard feelings from me. (y) If you pay your subs with a PayPal standing order it will be automatically adjusted to the new rate.

It’s not all bad news, this is the first subs rise since we introduced Life Membership, so I imagine most life members will be delighted with this news. :D

Thanks

Before the subs go up, I am offering people the chance to grab multiple years at LESS than the old rate. If you fancy some of that then click on one of the options below and the extra subs will be added to your account over the course of the next few days

Buy 3 years @ £40

Buy 5 years @ £70

10 Years @ £110

Life Membership @ £150
Worth every penny at whatever membership level, on Technical advice alone.👍😊

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
I think it’s great value for money at the best of times and is part of my waking up routine of a couple of mugs of coffee, do the quiz, see what’s happening with everyone, see if the moaners are still moaning :giggle:

Through this Covid malarkey it’s really helped me stay sane especially when I might have felt a bit sorry for myself. There’s always someone on here with a tale to tell who puts my worries in perspective.

Motorhome knowledge freely and willingly given. Unlimited kindness and support.

We’ve already had 5 weeks away this year in the van at least with another 5 booked all connected to MHF directly or indirectly.

The discounts are nice but I didn’t join for those. We’d been members for years before we bought a new van and took advantage of the Vanbitz alarm etc.
You took the words right out of my mouth 😊. That’s why I have added 3 years to my subscription.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hope I’m not on the list!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back