Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
That’s worrying I bet
Alarm did the trick……insurance job tomorrow. Tried today, but no one was picking up at LV. 🤷‍♂️
E007C392-0444-46F8-B7B2-591821771AD8.jpeg

Jun 29, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
boxer L4 H3
Exp
self built and finished
They don’t look like sophisticated burglars,
Is that there van in the back ground, I take they smashed the side window,,

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It’s testament to the growler system that it has deterred a theft well done Vanbitz👍👏🏻👏🏻😊
Hope you get it sorted soon👍😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
They don’t look like sophisticated burglars,
Is that there van in the back ground, I take they smashed the side window,,
No. Not the best thieves but they wanted the van.

They are my neighbours vans…..they only didn’t Nick the van because the Growler scared them off.

Jun 29, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
boxer L4 H3
Exp
self built and finished
they weren`t scared of your cctv neither, no sign of balaclavas.
makes me glad ive got a factory fitted alarm and as from monday a secondary immobilizer.
hope the lock gets sorted quickly for you.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I do wonder why they weren’t put off by the flashing blue lights though. I, and others have stated that the led lights are one of the deterrents. 🥴

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I do wonder why they weren’t put off by the flashing blue lights though. I, and others have stated that the led lights are one of the deterrents. 🥴
And the stickers….. 🤷‍♂️ Can’t read and thought the lights were dummies…like them.🤔

However, the alarm did the trick.(y)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Can you give me some more info about these orange straps please?

My wife is very handy on a sewing machine.

Straps are doubled over for extra strength. The hooks and buckles that we fitted do the job, but some have pointed out you can get stronger ones.

Straps were purchased £2.75, interior hooks about £2 and buckles from an old rucksack. (y)

Here’s my original thread with more photos……

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
My wife is very handy on a sewing machine.

Straps are doubled over for extra strength. The hooks and buckles that we fitted do the job, but some have pointed out you can get stronger ones.

Straps were purchased £2.75, interior hooks about £2 and buckles from an old rucksack. (y)

Here’s my original thread with more photos……

Thank you
I like the idea, but wonder how you get in & out?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Thank you
I like the idea, but wonder how you get in & out?

We designed them for when we were inside the van. If our locks were forced the doors couldn’t be opened easily.

Having had someone attempt to steal our van last week, we now secure the back door from the inside, along with the drivers door and sliding door. I exit from the passenger door, which doesn’t have a key lock, so unlikely to be the first to be attacked.

There’s no need for this, as the alarm activates when the doors are opened, but my wife insisted on putting them on from now on.

Secret given away there. ;)

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
We designed them for when we were inside the van. If our locks were forced the doors couldn’t be opened easily.

Having had someone attempt to steal our van last week, we now secure the back door from the inside, along with the drivers door and sliding door. I exit from the passenger door, which doesn’t have a key lock, so unlikely to be the first to be attacked.

There’s no need for this, as the alarm activates when the doors are opened, but my wife insisted on putting them on from now on.

Secret given away there. ;)
Can I ask where the van was during the attempted theft?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I have one and I see it as a visual deterrent. No more no less!

I’ve all the visual deterrents, and even if they’d have gone into the van and removed the steering wheel clamp, and forced the ignition barrel they’d have had to have find my other stuff to get it moving. ;)

Oct 17, 2016
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Tribute T715
Exp
Since 2010
I use a sold secure steering wheel lock accepted by my insurer as well as a Clutch Claw and a Wheel clamp, ok maybe over the top but I make as difficult as I can.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
i have swivel seats on my boxer would love to know how others have fitted pad locks or motor cycle dislocks to them.
you don`t need to go into details but i`ve looked at mine and cant figure out were to fit.
i also have the dislock they say it can be picked but sometimes its hard enough with the key.
i also have an OBD lock and a tracker that i fitted.
i will be fitting a ghost alarm soon
Never mind drilling holes & such. I know the structure of these seats can vary but my Peugeot boxer swivel seat has a convenient cut out under the seat and looping a padlock through this is sufficient to prevent the seat being turned around.

Attachments

• seat lock.jpg
    seat lock.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 54
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Many moons ago I had a Norton Commando with a add on electronic ignition (Boyer). I hid the box in the rear of seat as a plug in unit with electric connections via a custom RS232 connector. The Box always lived in the top Pocket of my Belstaff. Now is there the opportunity for something simular in a Ducato. Answers in a PM.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Can you give me some more info about these orange straps please?

With the seat's turned around -
We use those pet seat belt doggy retainers cheap as chips £4.99 for two from eBay.

IMG_20220720_142314.jpg

Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Residential street, quite a wide road, not a lot of through traffic, even fewer pedestrians as it’s a steep hill. Traffic a little busier 7.30am to 8.30am, and 5pm to 6pm. Not on a bus route or main road to and from anywhere in particular.

Street light right next to the van, but goes off at midnight. (y)

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
Residential street, quite a wide road, not a lot of through traffic, even fewer pedestrians as it’s a steep hill. Traffic a little busier 7.30am to 8.30am, and 5pm to 6pm. Not on a bus route or main road to and from anywhere in particular.

Street light right next to the van, but goes off at midnight. (y)
That's interesting thanks. I'm thinking maybe noticed by a tradesman, then passed on to the criminals.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
The good thing about the Disclock is that should you get close to the felon they are just right for administering an efficacious smack to the head!! Many years ago one of my breakdown drivers was jumped wile changing a wheel ( having first extracted the relevant amount of cash). A good smack to the head with the Jack handle put him in his place!! I did report it to the Police Control room from whence the distress call came. They thought it was hilarious. Never heard any more.

May 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Exp
we just had a ”bear lock“ system fitted put the vehicle into reverse turn the key in the bear lock and the van is locked in reverse.
quite impressed all mechanisms inside the dash would take some disabling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back