LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Years ago at a different address I was able to park up in my padock.
I had done a favour for a neighbour and I returned from one trip to find he had used his JCB to dig a large hole and dropped an old tractor wheel into it. He had attached a hefty chain to the wheel then filled in the hole leaving a long run of chain lying along the ground.
The job was finished off with a large area of road chippings.
I was able to pass the chain over the axle and secure it with a large strong padlock.

Now moved to a new place and unfortunately there is no room to replicate that parking place.

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
When I was carrying out a lot of re-wiring during a period when we had no plans to use the van, I removed the driver's seat :) Not sure how effective that would be to a thief, but it would deter me :)

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Disklok every time for me. As for removing the seat, great idea but I’d go one further and remove the wheels or if you’re really keen, and had somewhere to store it, then removing the engine is a good bet!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Years ago at a different address I was able to park up in my padock.
I had done a favour for a neighbour and I returned from one trip to find he had used his JCB to dig a large hole and dropped an old tractor wheel into it. He had attached a hefty chain to the wheel then filled in the hole leaving a long run of chain lying along the ground.
The job was finished off with a large area of road chippings.
I was able to pass the chain over the axle and secure it with a large strong padlock.

Now moved to a new place and unfortunately there is no room to replicate that parking place.
I installedsimilar here years back to secure trailers.
Only problem is when you forget to disconnect the chain.:rolleyes:

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
As our van is parked within range of our home WiFi I've installed 3 RING cameras inside each placed to record/detect any movement. I guess nothing will deter the a determined thief but at least I might recognise them :LOL: Managed to catch someone who broke into my car and steal stuff 3 days after the event!! Got my stuff back too 😀😃

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Love them, they look like they take their responsibilities very seriously!!!
Oh yes, always ready for action,
obviously they have to take breaks😁😁

B1652586-1F81-41A8-A648-37DD75AF7F6D.jpeg

enark

Free Member
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner
Added the camper protect cab door lock, padlock the drivers seat in rear position, ratchet strap across the doors, hab door Addie all lock, prickstop (aptly named, good German humour?) in addition to alarm, CCTV, big lazy dog, little happy dog (probably most effective) steering wheel lock, tracker, immobiliser etc…

but in addition a couple of improvised measures which I won’t mention…..they would not get half a mile!!!!

Oct 17, 2016
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Tribute T715
Exp
Since 2010
we use sold secure steering wheel lock along with a clutch claw and wheel clamp.
I bought the clutch claw after reading a review and seeing one installed, my background is engineering and after a check of the clutch claw it is solid and well made, all of the above make it more difficult for the thief but like all security if they are hell bent on stealing it they will but you do as much as you can, some owners remove wheels and put the Motorhome on purpose built wheel stands using the original wheel nuts “ don’t forget the locknuts “ but that’s for long term storage. I do make sure as much as possible to use Sold Secure Thatcham rated security.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Not many people mentioning VinChip…….less than £40 when we got it. Two hidden microdots and anti-tamper serial numbers for all glass and clear plastics…..not giving away any security secrets, it all clearly explained on their website.👍

Dec 23, 2018
Funster No
MH
Researching which type.
Exp
Future newbie from caravanning for 44 years
Picking up our first motorhome next week and although it has an alarm and a tracker fitted we would like to get some additional visible security fitted. Have looked at a Disklock for the steering wheel, can anyone recommend it. Any other suggestions?
I use a Milenco commercial (which is longer in length) steering lock approved by the Police together with a clutch claw. When parked at home I have two heavy duty stainless still telescopic bollards front and back. This together with an Auto Watch secuity system.

Steve-N

Free Member
Sep 14, 2021
Cheltenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Camper
Exp
2nd Campervan since 2019
All windows etched with registration mark AND VIN. Sterring wheel lock, alarmed swivel seat lock, rear wheel clamp, Thatcher alarm and tracker.

If it gets knicked after that lot it's fully insured.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back