The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Longridge update

Cub house open each day from 10 AM
Bars are open from 16.30
Saturday. Night theme Hollywood ( only got info today )

Saturday at 1.00pm Jacobs Table & Raffle Draw

Low price drinks both Saturday & Sunday nights (while stocks last )

Evening entertainment
Thursday. Karaoke & bingo, from 7 .30 pm till late

Friday as Thursday + Indian Meal
Pick up from reception at 7pm Return at 10 pm

Hollywood Night from 70.30 pm till late

Sunday 11.00 Am Beacon Butties ( two minutes Silence for Remembrance Sunday )

All refunds on over charges. Will be sorted over the week end
And paid back before you leave
Final details will be given to each member by Sunday Morning

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
A big thankyou to Ian for all the organisation and to Dave and Ken for their work. A great night out at the Indian restaurant. It was so good we returned there last night. Sorry we will miss the bacon butties but we need to get home after a week away. The horrible thought of work looms.
It was nice to meet many funsters for the first time. :thumb:

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Here we are in sunny Longridge it is warm and comfortable today ( last day for us ) waiting for the beacon butties before heading off home.
Great thanks to the whole team Dave, Polly, Ken and all the other helpers who made us welcome special thanks to Ian who laid the meet on.

I was surprised that Denise did not have a hard hat on before meeting the funsters for the first time.:roflmto::roflmto::winky: Lovely lady.

Ann & Harry

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
A big thankyou to Ian for all the organisation and to Dave and Ken for their work. A great night out at the Indian restaurant. It was so good we returned there last night. Sorry we will miss the bacon butties but we need to get home after a week away. The horrible thought of work looms.
It was nice to meet many funsters for the first time. :thumb:

Thank you. You lucky winner
A bottle of wine has your name on it
For guessing the correct number of vans that attended this rally
We raised a total of £106.00 for the north west air ambulance
A big thank you once again to ken. & dave. Polly Lyn Kath Kath and every one who helped ( sorry if I miss any one as I am still on auto pilot)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Thank you. You lucky winner
A bottle of wine has your name on it
For guessing the correct number of vans that attended this rally
We raised a total of £106.00 for the north west air ambulance
A big thank you once again to ken. & dave. Polly Lyn Kath Kath and every one who helped ( sorry if I miss any one as I am still on auto pilot)

Ian, thanks very much. Please see if you and the remaining funsters can find a good use for the bottle of wine.
Look forward to seeing you in 2014, somewhere.:thumb:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Many thanks Ian for all your hard work over the weekend, and what a glorious day to finish it all off. The North West Air Ambulance is a worthy recipient of the money raised from the raffle, thanks to all those who bought tickets and donated prizes. They depend entirely on donations from the public to finance their life saving operation. I will PM you with details tomorrow. Thanks again.:Smile:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
A big, BIG thank you to Ian for organising this lovely weekend at Longridge. Thank you Dave, Polly and Ken for helping us with your invaluable knowledge too. We really enjoyed the site, the INJIUN, the beer, the entertainment and, above all, the friendship of everyone who attended.

Rex and Janet (and Guilbert, our dirty Funster bear).

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Big thanks to Ian and everyone else for all the hard work and such a great weekend!!!

Christine, myself and our twin boys had a great time and really appreciate the effort by everyone:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Still here with the beautiful scenery.... lovely memories of a wonderful weekend with lovely people.

Lovely to hear Lynne, Hilary, Polly and Stuart playing their ukes whilst Darren and I played drums with wooden spatulas... Lovely to share bread with everyone at the Indian restaurant, nice local shops, and most of all..... WOW.... warm swimming pool with just Hilary and myself in it...... what more could we ask for.. photos to follow asap. . . . and of course, I have collected little Coco to dogsit for three weeks.:Smile:

Last edited:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Cheers for a very entertaining weekend Ian.
Also thanks to all who helped and I am sure everyone will be back if you are brave/daft enough to do another.
Darren and Lynne

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Still here with the beautiful scenery.... lovely memories of a wonderful weekend with lovely people.

Lovely to hear Lynne, Hilary, Polly and Stuart playing their ukes whilst Danny and I played drums with wooden spatulas... Lovely to share bread with everyone at the Indian restaurant, nice local shops, and most of all..... WOW.... warm swimming pool with just Hilary and myself in it...... what more could we ask for.. photos to follow asap. . . . and of course, I have collected little Coco to dogsit for three weeks.:Smile:

Thanks Joy. I will play your spatulas anytime.
It succeeded in getting rid of the neighbours!
See you all again soon
DARREN (danny) and Lynne

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

Lovely to hear Lynne, Hilary, Polly and Stuart playing their ukes whilst Darren and I played drums with wooden spatulas... Lovely to share bread with everyone at the Indian restaurant, nice local shops, and most of all..... WOW.... warm swimming pool with just Hilary and myself in it...... what more could we ask for.. photos to follow asap. . . . and of course, I have collected little Coco to dogsit for three weeks.:Smile:

You could have asked me to join you !!!!!:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::RollEyes:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Just to say thank you for a superb weekend,to Ian for organising a great rally and to Ken Dave & Polly who supported so well , we have had a great time been made to feel really welcome and met some fab people , we look forward to meeting you all again really soon,

Sue & Eric x:thumb:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thanks Ian for all your hard work and effort it is much appreciated. You and your trusty band of helpers provided us all with a lovely scenic location, a great meal with transport there and back a well organised Jacobs table sat lunchtime and really enjoyable entertainment:party2: on Saturday evening with half price drinks :thumb::thumb: Plus....... Bacon butties in the sunshine :Smile:and an excellent raffle on sunday morning. We are so lucky to have people like you who do all the hard work whilst we just turn up and enjoy ourselves. :Eeek:
My thanks also to Stuart for the free uke lesson and to Joy for her hospitality.
I met loads more lovely funsters and I hope Ian when you have had a l ...o ...n... g holiday in the sunshine that you will find the strength and will power :ROFLMAO:to do it all again :thumb: PLEASE!!!!

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Well done to Ian, Dave, Ken and everyone else who organised, marshalled or otherwise helped to make it a lovely weekend.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The Indian meal was excellent
A great location - and Ian - you have to do it again next year! ::bigsmile:
Thanks also to Brian and Lisa (Monsi) who have an almost identical van to our new one and showed us all the toys and features the dealer forgot to tell us about :RollEyes: :RollEyes:

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks to Ian and all co marshals Dave & ken

Had a wonderfull weekend ,the Indian,karaoke,half price beer :beer
And most of all meeting new people & putting faces to forum names
Really enjoyed it ,hope to meet you all again soon
Now back to reality and having to do some work

Brian & Lisa

alant

Free Member
May 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks to Ian and all his helpers for organising the weekend.
Nice to meet up with some of you funsters.

Alan and Sue

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
I want to add our thanks to Ian for arranging this event Link Removed and it was lovely to meet Denise too - and hey, I even briefly saw your pussy and it wasn't ginger Link RemovedLink Removed. Count us in again for next time mate :thumb:

It was a great chance to meet up with friends again like Pam n Phil (The Bandit) and John n Carole. Lovely to see Brian n Dawn again too (Mustang1) and to meet Sue n Dave for the first time, and so pleased we didn't miss Lawrence n Marlene when they came by too. Wonderful to see all you guys Link Removed

We were parked a long way from the MH Fun gang but it was lovely to run into (and swim with!) some Funsters during the weekend Link Removed and we were very grateful Phil n Pam were allowed to move their RV next to ours so we weren't Billy No Mates's! Hope it didn't ruffle too many Fun Feathers... Link Removed

Just gotta say thanks to Dave for the nuts n bolts Link Removed but BIG THANKS to our beloved Phyllis for his help figuring out how to make our slide out slide back in without doing The Twist! See ya soon mate Link Removed

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
A resounding thank you to Ian for organising this event and to Dave and Ken who were great marshalls, The Indian meal was excellent. Really appreciate all your effort and hard work
Kath :Smile:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Well, Ian, I think you did a really good job, and thank you so much for organising everything. The Bitch and me had a really good time, and it was nice to meet up with Funsters, both old and new, and also the lovely Denise.:thumb:

Thanks also to Ken and Dave for their contribution and hard work and to Joy for housing the Bitch and me over the weekend.:thumb:

Another enjoyable Funster meet I say.:thumb:

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Thanks

Big thanks to Ian for organising this weekend in Longridge. We know from personal experience how difficult it can be & what hard work too, so thanks Ian. Well done :Smile:
Phil & Pam

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thank you to all who attended this rally
And all the kind posts

I am back in teesside for six days then off to warmer climbs
Have a great Xmas and new year all
See some of you next year :thumbup:

I am totally knackered now as some things Did not run as smoothly as I had envisaged
I seam to have to realise my limitations as I am not able to do as much as I once could
So although this has been a very well attended rally. I must admit my first just might have to be my last

I hope that next year we are able to arrange to meet up at this venue at the end of season. However I would suggest we each book the same dates and arrive together rather than one person organising the weekend
I could not undertake such an event again
The mind is willing but the body is no longer able :mad:

If I go next year I will let you know I am sure the Indian restaurant would welcome a block booking.

I think we are all adult enough to make our own arrangements
So lets see if we can do it November 2014

Last edited:

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Thank you

Ian, thank you for organising the meet at Longridge. It was hard work for you and it turned out well. It was way too far north for me, being a southern softie, but enjoyable none the less. Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back