Motorhome Etiquette (2 Viewers)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not even her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the 2nd would be allowed to use our MH toilet !!!
There wouldn't be room for her maj, the Royal knicker puller down and lady of the bog roll to all get in at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
What a peculiar bunch of people the English are, from what I read here and elsewhere many motorhomers won’t even use their own facilities, let alone let others.
Every summer we hold a barbecue and a game of rounders in a field somewhere for family and extended family, the girls and children use the van, the fellers have a wee in the hedge. Absolutely no problem to us.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
What a peculiar bunch of people the English are, from what I read here and elsewhere many motorhomers won’t even use their own facilities, let alone let others.
Every summer we hold a barbecue and a game of rounders in a field somewhere for family and extended family, the girls and children use the van, the fellers have a wee in the hedge. Absolutely no problem to us.
Completely agree, there are some very strange folk out there. It’s a toilet, it’s for weeing and pooing in.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
If you invite them in then they can use the facilities
I once had an argument with one of my vw friends as my van was the only one with a toilet.....my phrase was "what do you think I do...sieve it as i empty?'
Some people are weird, me included 🤣🤣

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
How would you tell theirs from your own, in my experience all shit is about the same.
Well no...it's not all the same
Google 'The Bristol Stool Chart'

In any case I would before concerned I might make a noise!!🙄

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I would have used the loo and others would be welcome to.

Don’t care if I have to empty it more often or not. All poo and wee looks and smells the same so when I spill it on me I won’t be able to tell if it was mine or not. 🤷‍♂️

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I would not use someone else's motorhome toilet unless it was one of those Japanese toilets that has buttons on it to play music and spray air freshener when you've finished. It's only polite.🚽

Oct 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Ar
Exp
Since 2016
Not even her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the 2nd would be allowed to use our MH toilet !!!
Don’t worry, before Royal visits, they always have a toilet available, and change the seat beforehand just in case HMQ requires to visit, but she never needs. Now that’s control!

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Sharing is caring I say. Visitors welcome to use the pot in our van. Just ask them to turn the radio up if they are on a bombing mission or I will score their performance - soundproofing not brilliant in the Bailey.

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Sure let them use our loo - then tell them to empty it too!

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My friends bought a new van but had no intention of ever using the toilet. As one is a bit infirm, eventually it got used for 'wee only'. this was fine until an unknown light came on. As everything still worked, they forgot about the light. A big mistake!
They were amazed at just how far wee can travel in a van when let free.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
.my first realisation that boys were different to girls was wgen I was about 7 and wondered why my best friend, the boy next door, could pee against the drainpipe and I had to go indoors to the toilet. :(

I asked mum and dad for one of those contraptions for Christmas. :(
I was moved by your story, [ no not bowel] and then remembered what the ladies used to use when we were trail bike riding. Let every conker tree and drain pipe now tremble in fear, here comes Movan and her,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11342568...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
:giggle:
Mike

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We don't go on sites so if we were visiting another MH, unless we were on an aire, they would also be wilding, so I would not use their toilet, because I would be conscious that they would have to empty it sooner, so I would go back to ours.

Same reason I try to make sure I have a pee before I leave the s/market/pub etc. to save our cassette space - unless there is a dry looking hedgerow near our parking spot ;) . No. not the one on the edge of the CP stupid!:giggle:

Geoff

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Even worse if the friend isn’t a Motorhome person, we had an older friend who used our toilet and used the tap to get off the throne, plastic taps are not meant for that and the spout broke off. They payed for the tap but we had to wait for delivert which wasn’t quick because we were in France at the time.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I can think of three occasions where others have used our MH loo, and none where we have used others.
1. Visiting daughter and grandchildren. Boys were playing a football match and we went to watch in the van. It was cold, we served teas and coffees to the watching parents. One heavily pregnant lass then needed the loo.
2. At Thetford bash for the young bikers lass early am before the loos in the club opened.
3. Similar at a music festival when girl in tent pitched adjacent caught short in a storm.

No problem to us unless a queue forms.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
My mate had covid a few months ago and now he says everything smells of coffee. I visited his unit to repair a circuit board the other week and had to use his toilet (to get rid of the previous evenings spicy lasagne 🥵)
I did have a little chuckle to my self when he went in 10 minutes later. He came out and exclaimed PHEW! STRONG COFFEE! 😆

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I was moved by your story, [ no not bowel] and then remembered what the ladies used to use when we were trail bike riding. Let every conker tree and drain pipe now tremble in fear, here comes Movan and her,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11342568...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
:giggle:
Mike
I've got one of the original models of those but now I have extension envy 🤪

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back