Motorhome Etiquette (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have had friends use our toilet in the MOHO and before we had a MOHO in our toilet tent, and we have used others as well when we were visiting. It has to be emptied anyway and although I'm not totally sure about others, I don't look inside the cassette when I empty it. :giggle:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I have never had to empty a public toilet!
Hi Janine.
Don't go out tomorrow afternoon,i have the lads coming round in a " Gully Sucker " ( Ask Chaser ) You can have a " Hands on ??? " experience 🚛. The treats on me,caution .... It may mean some EXTRA social distancing should there be a malfunction on the equipment.
Tea Bag.
PS.Don't forget your " Marigolds " :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🚛🚛🚛(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi Janine.
Don't go out tomorrow afternoon,i have the lads coming round in a " Gully Sucker " ( Ask Chaser ) You can have a " Hands on ??? " experience 🚛. The treats on me,caution .... It may mean some EXTRA social distancing should there be a malfunction on the equipment.
Tea Bag.
PS.Don't forget your " Marigolds " :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🚛🚛🚛(y)
I know all about gully suckers ( my ex worked for the council :) ) I'll be ready and waiting with my rubber gloves on 🤣

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
We had some lovely friends in for a drink and one said, I must go to the toilet, it was a Motorhome Show and we were lucky to be parked near the toilet block. Instead, without a word the person used our toilet.
Answers on the back of a postcard.
:oops: Future invites to drinks would be outside under the awning, with the van door closed!

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I like your bike Spridder, my second bike was a 350cc Matchless. Is that one a 350 or 500 ?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I don’t have a problem with visitors using our loo, I am the one who empties it, am aware that, for some, time is of the essence. Don’t mock the afflicted please.

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Why do folks get so fixated on their van's toilet ? You let them sit on your chairs, use your teacups and wineglasses, it's just another facility that your van has ?
yes, but they don't sit on them with their bare bums and other bits :sicker::tmi::Eeek::Eeek:

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Happens on boats too!

Several of us who had cruisers used to take children sailing. We had a fleet of mirror dinghies took the youngsters sailing around the Fal.

We jumped boats and swapped all the time. One day, I went to use my friends loo on his boat. I came out and said something like it stinks in there don't you ever clean it!
Matey was a bit miffed by this but he had to agree. It turned out that a school kid had used the loo, but didn't know how to pump flush the loo. So school kid took out the contents of the toilet and stuffed it down in the bilges. We think he was too embarrassed to ask about the toilet pump! It took Weeks to find the source of the problem!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
When I do eventually get to a meeting/rally and Funster gathering, you can use my toilet anytime, why wouldn't you?!!

We all visit the public loos without battering an eyelid and have no idea whose been sitting on the thrown, but not let a guest use the facilities, what's the world coming too.

Far too precious in my mind and it's not like they'll do backflips while in the loo.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Don’t worry, before Royal visits, they always have a toilet available, and change the seat beforehand just in case HMQ requires to visit, but she never needs. Now that’s control!
Perhaps her maj has a set of Tena wee on the move knickers as advertised on TV for those day trips.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Our experience of this was on a traffic jam on the M1, two young ladies in a convertible sports car came across to ask if they could use our toilet, well, two young ladies who is going to say no (y) :doh:

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Wife and I were in France some 12 years ago with a tent. Whilst on our outward journey we were held up in a fuel protest traffic jam miles from services and my wife was really desperate for a wee. When she could stand the discomfort no longer she spied a UK plated motorhome in the queue and she was off like Usain Bolt through the traffic. They were very nice and agreed to let her use their loo... and yes the trafficdid move off whilst she was in their van (but not very far before we all stopped again) would we be that generous? ... yes... but maybe not if we're all sitting around on a site/ rally.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Me and my Friday night snooker pals have had a few weekend trips away over the years, sea fishing, music festivals and the like. I take my van and Wally takes his and we each get a "lodger". The last time we were planning a jaunt, one of the guys asked if he could stay in my van this time ? Wally was most put out and demanded to know what was so special about Jock's van ? He was bluntly told that "Jock lets you take a dump in his toilet !" :LOL:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Far too precious in my mind and it's not like they'll do backflips while in the loo.
Hi.
Loo's at M/way services...... Maybe not backflips,but i would bet good money some " Customers ? " lifted the seat,climbed up onto the loo bowl and DUMPED from a standing up position,by the..Spread pattern....
Oh....Sorry...... Were you still having your tea ? :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:(y)
Tea Bag

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
My tea set for anyone who poos in my van loo 🤣🤣🤣
IMG_20210329_095451.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.