Motorhome Etiquette (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Completely agree, there are some very strange folk out there. It’s a toilet, it’s for weeing and pooing in.
Nearly as strange on our insistence on having male and female cubicles which the French seem to be able to use unisex toilets with no bother whatsoever. Mind you there are some interesting observations, If you go to Korea the queue for toilet cubicle works on the supermarket checkout principle, you choose your queue and stick to it, not first come first served as we do here.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
At Shell Island a young man asked if he could use my toilet.

I wasn't happy.. He was camped in a tent next to us all and all week had been 'can I have this'... 'can I have that'.

I felt obliged to say yes, begrudgingly.

I didn't know that Terry funster had removed the toilet cassette ready for me to empty it.

I don't care if it young man or woman, old man or witch or wizard... NOBODY is using my loo again. :(

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017

I wasn't happy.. He was camped in a tent next to us all and all week had been 'can I have this'... 'can I have that'.

I didn't know that Terry funster had removed the toilet cassette ready for me to empty it.

I don't care if it young man or woman, old man or witch or wizard... NOBODY is using my loo again. :(
Totally agree, some things are just not meant to be shared 😝😝😝

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

I wonder if you would have been so accommodating if it was a young lady:unsure: rather than a young man. Just a fhought:rofl:

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Might have to get one of these to hang on the door 😂😂😂

Screenshot_20210329_225557_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Salamander

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745 SE
Exp
10 years
We had some lovely friends in for a drink and one said, I must go to the toilet, it was a Motorhome Show and we were lucky to be parked near the toilet block. Instead, without a word the person used our toilet.
Answers on the back of a postcard.
We were stuck in a massive traffic jam for hours in Spain on a very hot day. A Spanish lady knocked on the window and begged to use the loo. I didn’t suggest she peed on the back wheel but felt I had to say yes as she was obviously in a lot of discomfort. Was careful she didn’t help herself to anything in the way out. A risk being a Samaritan but worth taking I think

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I have to admit that I did use the facilities in a friend's van once. I was visiting for the day and he had left me the keys while he went shopping.

I had never been in a posh Hymer before and couldn't for the life of me find the flush button.

So embarrassing 😥
Not quite on point but years ago, a friend was visiting someone on a houseboat moored at Eel Pie island Twickenham. she needed to use the toilet for a no2 and after being directed to the heads, found herself in a lovely toilet with plants, rosewood panelling and brass fittIngs. She found the Victorian porcelain loo and after doing the business, looked round for the flush. Couldn’t find it anywhere.
Eventually she put the lid down and went and explained the issue to the host. The host went with her to the toilet and showed her the real toilet, under a rosewood cupboard, complete with flush. The guest had used an ornament purely for show. Many apologies on both sides and lots of laughter. Hey ho!

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
There's nothing but toilet humour on this forum......now flush it away....

At least you don't get floaters 😳

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
There's nothing but toilet humour on this forum......now flush it away....

At least you don't get floaters 😳
But the owner of the barge in #99 obviously found the missing link ... [and without getting bogged down] (y) :eek:

Steve

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
There wouldn't be room for her maj, the Royal knicker puller down and lady of the bog roll to all get in at the same

Happens on boats too!

Several of us who had cruisers used to take children sailing. We had a fleet of mirror dinghies took the youngsters sailing around the Fal.

We jumped boats and swapped all the time. One day, I went to use my friends loo on his boat. I came out and said something like it stinks in there don't you ever clean it!
Matey was a bit miffed by this but he had to agree. It turned out that a school kid had used the loo, but didn't know how to pump flush the loo. So school kid took out the contents of the toilet and stuffed it down in the bilges. We think he was too embarrassed to ask about the toilet pump! It took Weeks to find the source of the problem!
Our fist keelboat didn't have a toilet, we took it out to lighten the boat for racing. We did however have a bucket called Tiddles, and sometimes it was known by its other name, Poodles.......

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
All depends on requirements.

If I wanted a pee I would go around the otherside and pee all over their wheel. But if a pooo I would use their toilet, and then shout asking for the bread knife as it’s too big for the little toilet hole.

😂😂😂😂😂
cool man cool, let it all, what ever. to be a toilet or not to be a toilet, that is the ?. okpj. go on let it rip.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
A quote from our Australian relatives “ Use the dunny Empty the dunny”. Or the other one is “You dropped it You shift it”.
A sign on the loo door at Turners Farm Campsite in Augusta, SW Australia [imagine Aussie accent]: 'Before you flush, check to see if it needs a brush ...' (y) 😂

Steve

Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
All depends on requirements.

If I wanted a pee I would go around the otherside and pee all over their wheel. But if a pooo I would use their toilet, and then shout asking for the bread knife as it’s too big for the little toilet hole.

😂😂😂😂
Hope they didn’t make sandwiches after that.😃

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
So, if someone came to visit you at your house say for an afternoon tea or a barbecue then your toilets would be locked barred and bolted for the duration. Never heard of that sort of behaviour before so why then difference with a motorhome?

As has been said before, 'cassette capacity' - quite relevant when wildcamping or on aires with no facilities. Our 17lt cassette lasts 3-4 days, but with visitor use that could be 2 days, then we are having to seek a dump point.

This is why I would never ask to use another MH facility when mine would be parked nearby.

Geoff

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
As has been said before, 'cassette capacity' - quite relevant when wildcamping or on aires with no facilities. Our 17lt cassette lasts 3-4 days, but with visitor use that could be 2 days, then we are having to seek a dump point.

This is why I would never ask to use another MH facility when mine would be parked nearby.

Geoff
That is reasonable, it is just that some seem to be saying never allow anyone to use if visiting.

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
When I do eventually get to a meeting/rally and Funster gathering, you can use my toilet anytime, why wouldn't you?!!

We all visit the public loos without battering an eyelid and have no idea whose been sitting on the thrown, but not let a guest use the facilities, what's the world coming too.

Far too precious in my mind and it's not like they'll do backflips while in the loo.
I only hover in public loos 😂😂😂

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
So, if someone came to visit you at your house say for an afternoon tea or a barbecue then your toilets would be locked barred and bolted for the duration. Never heard of that sort of behaviour before so why then difference with a motorhome?
We bought a Trailer Tent in 2016 and also purchased a Porta Potty [plastic bucket with lid]. A couple in the Accessories Shop looked with interest [him] and with utter disdain [her] at our new convenience. So I said sotto voce to him, 'Going to put a sign on the outer bucket: 'Sh1t Happens; but not in this bucket ...'

Mrs Disdain was not impressed ... ;) Never did get an Xmas Card ...

Steve

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
I knew a sailing lady who would quite happily hoist her arse over the pushpit to have a pee.

Maybe even No. 2 - at night?
Always dangerous to do do at night without being clipped on. Standard operating practice on race boats, however.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back