We hope it works out for you whichever path you go down

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Feeling for all you guys in Morroco and I hope it all gets sorted for you. It might be a good idea to get up to Tangier Med if that's your departure point and get some official response.. I can't see them closing the port then fining you if you turn up before your time limit runs out. It might be a bit cooler up there too. Best of luck to one and all.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
All campsites closed from tomorrow in Spain, places like Cala Mijas has been given the option to leave by noon tomorrow or stay for the 15 day lockdown period, no movement in or out during that period.
Our ferry on 23rd just been cancelled so we are heading towards calais first thing tomorrow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Feeling for all you guys in Morroco and I hope it all gets sorted for you. It might be a good idea to get up to Tangier Med if that's your departure point and get some official response.. I can't see them closing the port then fining you if you turn up before your time limit runs out. It might be a bit cooler up there too. Best of luck to one and all.
Unwise advice 2 tins.
Tangier Med is currently like a war zone, going there will only compound the problem, i.e. water, sanitation, food supplies to name but a few. We are sitting tight until the situation eases.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
All campsites closed from tomorrow in Spain, places like Cala Mijas has been given the option to leave by noon tomorrow or stay for the 15 day lockdown period, no movement in or out during that period.
Our ferry on 23rd just been cancelled so we are heading towards calais first thing tomorrow
Hope that is not fake news, lot of it about and I'm not certain if Spain has made official statement yet. If forced to leave a campsite there will be a lot of wild camping going on that the authorities will have to accept because campsites will be closed whilst on lock down. Many will no doubt make a killing and I wonder if prices will increase for those who have to stay for the duration. Keep safe.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Unwise advice 2 tins.
Tangier Med is currently like a war zone, going there will only compound the problem, i.e. water, sanitation, food supplies to name but a few. We are sitting tight until the situation eases.
Best of luck, enjoy the weather.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We made a long drive to Sidi Ifni today where we will encamp . There is a bar onsite ( at the moment ) overlooking the sea.

IMG-20200314-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200314-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200314-WA0000.jpg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Looks like a lot of beaches, bars, restaurants closed in spain.
Campsites and aires not accepting new arrivals.
Even indoor pool and bar shutting here at cabapino on monday, and if you drive out of the campsite you wont be allowed back in.

raggyraggy0_0

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2007
Good evening...
Is there anyone actually in Tangier Med .. ? I know that the port is closed to passenger traffic but are people just going to hang around port until travel restrictions are lifted? I'm still in Dakhla and I am fortunate enough to have prolongation till early June... Hopefully it won't take that long. From what I can gather Spain is on par or worse than Italy so until Spain lifts restrictions those that are here in Morocco are kind of stuck .

raggyraggy0_0

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2007
Is it busy in Sidi Ifni ? Bar onsite ... El Barca campsite ? Currently in Dakhla but want to start heading north ... Cant see the rush as honestly think nothing will happen for 24 days or more ..

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Is it busy in Sidi Ifni ? Bar onsite ... El Barca campsite ? Currently in Dakhla but want to start heading north ... Cant see the rush as honestly think nothing will happen for 24 days or more ..

We are on camping Sidi Ifni with the bar but all three sites are within 100 yards or so.

All sites are about half full of people who are going nowhere.

How long any bars or shops stay open is anyone's guess

raggyraggy0_0

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2007
We are on camping Sidi Ifni with the bar but all three sites are within 100 yards or so.

All sites are about half full of people who are going nowhere.

How long any bars or shops stay open is anyone's guess

I think you are in a better place than Tangier Med .. thanks for reply !

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Oh Please! There's nobody at Tanger-Med the place is CLOSED there's nobody to ask anything of. And as for police turning folk around!!!!!
Gonna give Ceuta a try in the morning.
Night all

raggyraggy0_0

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2007
Oh Please! There's nobody at Tanger-Med the place is CLOSED there's nobody to ask anything of. And as for police turning folk around!!!!!
Night all

Thanks for reply... Good luck with onward travels ...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Night all
Thinking of you and Brenda hope you can get out if not stay comfortable it's not much better anywhere.
:hugs:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Carol it's not a life or death situation and it won't be the end of the world if we can't get out but there will be some very unhappy people who'll just have to put up with it.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Listening to Mat Hancock on the Andrew Marr show this morning, making sense of things and following the plan set out by the Gov. and developed with best science evidence. We may go the way of other countries but only when the timing and figures indicate when to do so. I think the Gov really knows what it is doing and will not be bullied into knee jerk or premeditated actions. The plan contains some mega changes to lifestyle and worst case sinario could be forced quarantine of individuals who refuse to follow plan. He was keen to strees that locking everything down now could be bad for the NHS and the public as a whole as this could lead to a second wave. The plan is to lower the spike in infections and at the same time build up NHS capacity. A major drive is underway to produce more ventalators. Lisa Nancy also on the programme and was critcle of the Gov and would bring back free movement if elected Prime Minister.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Listening to Mat Hancock on the Andrew Marr show this morning, making sense of things and following the plan set out by the Gov. and developed with best science evidence. We may go the way of other countries but only when the timing and figures indicate when to do so. I think the Gov really knows what it is doing and will not be bullied into knee jerk or premeditated actions. The plan contains some mega changes to lifestyle and worst case sinario could be forced quarantine of individuals who refuse to follow plan. He was keen to strees that locking everything down now could be bad for the NHS and the public as a whole as this could lead to a second wave. The plan is to lower the spike in infections and at the same time build up NHS capacity. A major drive is underway to produce more ventalators. Lisa Nancy also on the programme and was critcle of the Gov and would bring back free movement if elected Prime Minister.
Does this have any relevance to Morocco 2020 Phil? There are other threads more applicable.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Here in Sidi Ifni there are at least four Brit vans.
We are wondering how to mobilise all (as far as possible) Brits in motorhomes in Morocco in order to attempt, en mass, to put pressure on the Embassy to give us some help.
Any thoughts as to how to achieve this?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Might be an idea for those affected or interested to register their interest/concerns on the thread that Jim recently created.

Broken Link Removed

raggyraggy0_0

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2007
Here in Sidi Ifni there are at least four Brit vans.
We are wondering how to mobilise all (as far as possible) Brits in motorhomes in Morocco in order to attempt, en mass, to put pressure on the Embassy to give us some help.
Any thoughts as to how to achieve this?

Maybe I'm being a little cynical..
but what help could they offer ? Speak to Moroccan authorities regarding visa extension if required , give regular updates regarding travel restrictions? No-one seems to know what is going on . It would surely have to be decided by Moroccan government ,if and when non Moroccan can leave .. would I want to go to Spain at the moment ... ?
I personally think that Spain holds the key to our onward travel, when deemed safe for maritime travel to start again ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back