LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We're at Moulay Bousselham and were planning to head to the port on Monday via Assilah. So now I'm thinking go straight to Tanger-Med tomorrow and see what I can find out.
As it's Morocco trying to prevent the bug coming in can't see why that should stop anyone leaving. But if they've stopped the ferry we're snookered.
Will report back.
With respect Terry, the port will be mobbed by headless chickens, surely you’d be better staying put where you are.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
It’s called a prolongation to extend your stay from 3 months to 6 months. There was/is an office at Agadir port where you were processed. But it was a while ago and may well have changed. The large campsites north of Agadir used to do a roaring trade in sorting it all out.
We’ve heard various quotes for prolongation arrangements ranging from sublime to ridiculous. Abdel at Erkounte would be our first choice if we had to arrange prolongation.
Surely if the Moroccan government have put these measures in place, then they should have dispensation measures in place for those who are affected.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I have sent this email to the British Consul in Rabat:

Sir, I am currently touring Morocco in a motorhome. I understand there is a substantial fine for outstaying a visa, can you tell me what will be the situation if this happens due to the suspension of ferry services by the Moroccan Authorities due to the Corona Virus?
Do you have any guidance as to what action if any to take for British Nationals caught up in this situation?
Thank you
Simon Prance
So I’ve had a reply, and what an absolute pile of bollocks it is, next one will be to the minister I think, .gov bullshit next....

FCO_email_70x48.png

Foreign & Commonwealth Office – Consular Service
Dear Simon Prance
Thank you for your enquiry of 12/03/2020 21:58 .

We appreciate your concern and need for clarity.

As you are aware, there is an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus in China, and cases have been confirmed in other countries.

The safety and security of British people abroad is a paramount concern for the FCO. In light of the ongoing outbreak, we are monitoring the developing situation very carefully and keeping all of our travel advice under constant review to ensure it reflects our latest assessment of risk to British people. Our latest country-specific travel advice and global guidance page on coronavirus is available on GOV.UK:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus

We would recommend you follow the link to register yourself for email alerts. You will then be notified of any updates as they happen.

For more information, you should visit our travel advice and follow the links within the guide to expert UK medical advice published by TravelHealthPro and Public Health England. We would also advise you to use the links to country specific authorities for additional information and confirmations of local policies and procedures.

If you’re returning to the UK consult the latest advice from the Department of Health and Social Care on actions to take:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas

The following link offers broader guidance published by the UK government.

We will advise against ‘all but essential travel’ or ‘all travel’ to a location if we assess that the risks to British people there are unacceptably high. In making this assessment, we are taking a range of factors into account, including the latest advice from UK public health bodies and the response of local authorities on the ground to any outbreaks.

We should emphasise that we do not enforce our travel advice or make decisions on where British people travel across the world. We provide our best objective view of the risks, but it is right that individuals take responsibility for their own decisions on travel. Having reflected on your own personal circumstances and the range of information available to you, you may well take a different view of the risks you could face.

Please visit the following link to see how the FCO assesses the risks of terrorism, civil unrest and natural disasters and other events to advise against travel to countries or regions:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-the-foreign-commonwealth-office-puts-together-travel-advice

If you wish to cancel or change a flight or holiday that you’ve booked, you should contact your airline or travel company. The question of changes, cancellations and refunds is a matter for you and your travel company.

For more information about your rights if you wish to cancel a holiday, visit the Citizens Advice website, here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...nd-compensation/cancelling-a-package-holiday/

For information about your rights if you have a flight booking, visit the website of the Civil Aviation Authority, here:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/,

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Regards
David F.
Global Consular Contact Centre
Foreign & Commonwealth Office | LondonSW1A 2AH | Tel: 44 (0) 207 008 1500
GOV.UK/FCO | Businessis GREAT | FCO Youtube | FCO Flickr | FCO on Twitter | FCO on Facebook
Help save paper - do you need to print this email?
This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
So I’ve had a reply, and what an absolute pile of bollocks it is, next one will be to the minister I think, .gov bullshit next....

FCO_email_70x48.png
Foreign & Commonwealth Office – Consular Service
Dear Simon Prance
Thank you for your enquiry of 12/03/2020 21:58 .

We appreciate your concern and need for clarity.

As you are aware, there is an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus in China, and cases have been confirmed in other countries.

The safety and security of British people abroad is a paramount concern for the FCO. In light of the ongoing outbreak, we are monitoring the developing situation very carefully and keeping all of our travel advice under constant review to ensure it reflects our latest assessment of risk to British people. Our latest country-specific travel advice and global guidance page on coronavirus is available on GOV.UK:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

We would recommend you follow the link to register yourself for email alerts. You will then be notified of any updates as they happen.

For more information, you should visit our travel advice and follow the links within the guide to expert UK medical advice published by TravelHealthPro and Public Health England. We would also advise you to use the links to country specific authorities for additional information and confirmations of local policies and procedures.

If you’re returning to the UK consult the latest advice from the Department of Health and Social Care on actions to take:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-specified-countries-and-areas

The following link offers broader guidance published by the UK government.

We will advise against ‘all but essential travel’ or ‘all travel’ to a location if we assess that the risks to British people there are unacceptably high. In making this assessment, we are taking a range of factors into account, including the latest advice from UK public health bodies and the response of local authorities on the ground to any outbreaks.

We should emphasise that we do not enforce our travel advice or make decisions on where British people travel across the world. We provide our best objective view of the risks, but it is right that individuals take responsibility for their own decisions on travel. Having reflected on your own personal circumstances and the range of information available to you, you may well take a different view of the risks you could face.

Please visit the following link to see how the FCO assesses the risks of terrorism, civil unrest and natural disasters and other events to advise against travel to countries or regions:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-the-foreign-commonwealth-office-puts-together-travel-advice

If you wish to cancel or change a flight or holiday that you’ve booked, you should contact your airline or travel company. The question of changes, cancellations and refunds is a matter for you and your travel company.

For more information about your rights if you wish to cancel a holiday, visit the Citizens Advice website, here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...nd-compensation/cancelling-a-package-holiday/

For information about your rights if you have a flight booking, visit the website of the Civil Aviation Authority, here:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/,

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Regards
David F.
Global Consular Contact Centre
Foreign & Commonwealth Office | LondonSW1A 2AH | Tel: 44 (0) 207 008 1500
GOV.UK/FCO | Businessis GREAT | FCO Youtube | FCO Flickr | FCO on Twitter | FCO on Facebook
Help save paper - do you need to print this email?
This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
My reply.....

This is a pretty pathetic response considering my questions, there is absolutely no current advice on anything to do with my situation in your response. You should be ashamed! Try again please.

Simon Prance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
The Moroccan Government will temporarily open the land crossings of Ceuta and Melilla from this Friday afternoon to allow the departure of thousands of Spanish tourists who have been trapped in the neighboring country after the announcement of the cancellation of the flights, shipping lines and the closing of borders with Spain.

The Moroccan authorities have finally allowed this opening to solve the case of the hundreds or thousands of tourists - the exact number is unknown - who need to return to Spain. From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs talks with the Moroccan Government have been held since Thursday night to achieve this opening.

Exteriors is also looking for solutions with travel agencies and tour operators, studying each case. Morocco has decided to cancel, in coordination with the Government of Spain, all air and sea connections between the two countries and in both directions. This measure was then announced to users of airlines and shipping companies.

Ferries that cross the Strait, cruises and airlines of companies such as Iberia, Royal Air Maroc, Ryanair or the Canary Islands Binter have canceled their connections with Spain since Thursday night "until further notice". The measure has been extended to the land borders of Ceuta and Melilla starting at 6:00 am this Friday. For this reason, the authorities of both countries are studying an "exceptional solution" that temporarily reopens those two border crossings.

Dozens of travelers are asking for help from social networks to return to Spain. As they denounce, they find no solution neither in the Spanish embassy in Rabat, nor in the consulates.

However, the Diplomatic Information Office assures that the consular services are attending to all the requests that are being received. Although they refer to the talks that both governments are holding to study an exceptional solution in the coming hours.

Foreign sources explain that the embassy is in permanent contact with the more than 12,000 Spanish residents in the country. As for tourists, the diplomatic delegation is using personal and telephone attention services, as well as social networks to solve their situation through the consular network in Morocco.

From abroad they reiterate "strongly" the suggestion to avoid traveling abroad except in those cases where it is really necessary.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
canopus dabhand TerryL ;) and everyone else involved. ?

Just spotted this, get yourself in gear if you wish to escape. ? Bob.

Thanks
Looking at the news just now we may be better off staying in Morocco

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Includes Visa extension

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Includes Visa extension
We shouldn’t have to go through this process it should be automatic but no one seems to know at the moment, I will turn up at the Port on my departure date and let them sort it(famous last words!)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
This is the reply to the email I sent today.
It is generic one but does have a reference number for my enquiry.

Consular officers have received your enquiry. We respond to written enquiries as soon as we can. If you need immediate help call the embassy phone number. It's best to call us if you need help because of an assault, accident or arrest. We can only answer enquiries for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its embassies around the world. If we cannot answer your enquiry we will try to point you towards the appropriate route to get an answer. Your enquiry reference is ENQW........

Regards

Consular Contact Centre

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
This is the reply to the email I sent today.
It is generic one but does have a reference number for my enquiry.

Consular officers have received your enquiry. We respond to written enquiries as soon as we can. If you need immediate help call the embassy phone number. It's best to call us if you need help because of an assault, accident or arrest. We can only answer enquiries for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its embassies around the world. If we cannot answer your enquiry we will try to point you towards the appropriate route to get an answer. Your enquiry reference is ENQW........

Regards

Consular Contact Centre
See my reply, it’s all bollocks

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well it is Friday the 13th after all.

I’ve just emailed a Moroccan newspaper to see if they can shed any light on our plight. Don’t hold out much hope.

Morocco is suspending all school attendance as of this coming Monday.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
bigguspeckus We all already know that Narfook. ?
Well,,, I'm really very sorry Borr,,, a sincere and genuine attempt to help/inform folk on this site, has, apparently, annoyed some of the Natives?!
Something about shooting the messenger, wasn't it?
Next time I wont bother.
WhyTF should I care, you ungrateful .... "Funster"

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Tbh wtf do you expect, you are miniscule in the current situation, the government is more concerned with the situation in the UK.
Well I expect a Goverment website of the British consulate which has been set up to answer the problems of British Travellers in Foreign countries to do just that, else why bother? I asked two simple and specific questions, the answer was to update the Morocco travel advice after I had asked them!

Summary
Still current at:14 March 2020Updated:13 March 2020Latest update:
Summary and Health - introduction of travel and transport restrictions in response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
There is an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) in China, but cases have been confirmed in other countries, including Morocco. The Moroccan authorities have introduced a number of measures to limit the spread of the virus. See Health
The government of Morocco has closed air and sea borders to anyone travelling from China, Italy, Spain and France. It has also suspended the passenger ferry link with Gibraltar. The Moroccan authorities are regularly updating these measures. Keep up to date with information from your tour operator, transport or accommodation provider on the impact on any existing travel plans.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Anyone near a Consulate in Rabat or anywhere else in Morocco to ask the questions in post#874 ie
Sir, I am currently touring Morocco in a motorhome. I understand there is a substantial fine for outstaying a visa, can you tell me what will be the situation if this happens due to the suspension of ferry services by the Moroccan Authorities due to the Corona Virus?
Do you have any guidance as to what action if any to take for British Nationals caught up in this situation?
Thank you

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Tanger-Med port is closed. We've driven across to Martil, just outside Tetouan and the police have road blocks on all the access roads to Ceuta but apparently if you have a ticket they'll let you through.
We have been told by a Brit here that currently ferries are running normally Ceuta to Algeciras and Balearia have changed a ticket from Tanger-Med to Ceuta and they're on a ferry tomorrow.
Now in a quandary - we accepted we'd be stuck here for a while but now wondering if we should attempt it tomorrow as we'd rather now be back in Europe despite all the closures etc. And if the Ceuta crossing gets cancelled.......
Gonna have a think about it.
Incidentally there doesn't seem to be any panic amongst French/Germans and the campsites are busy but not crammed as you might have expected.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We’ve heard an unofficial response from the Gendarmerie in Tafroute that they have been told that it could be as long as June before the travel ban is lifted.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Tanger-Med port is closed. We've driven across to Martil, just outside Tetouan and the police have road blocks on all the access roads to Ceuta but apparently if you have a ticket they'll let you through.
We have been told by a Brit here that currently ferries are running normally Ceuta to Algeciras and Balearia have changed a ticket from Tanger-Med to Ceuta and they're on a ferry tomorrow.
Now in a quandary - we accepted we'd be stuck here for a while but now wondering if we should attempt it tomorrow as we'd rather now be back in Europe despite all the closures etc. And if the Ceuta crossing gets cancelled.......
Gonna have a think about it.
Incidentally there doesn't seem to be any panic amongst French/Germans and the campsites are busy but not crammed as you might have expected.

Spain is now in lockdown, i.e. out of the frying pan into the fire.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Due to our particular circumstances I'd rather be stuck Spain/France than Morocco Ken.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back