Morocco 2020 (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
7 hours is a little ott, however it’s tough on the van, and the driver, but there is no alternative if you want to cross the high atlas. One of the problems is that there is no where to really break your journey between ouzazate and Marrakesh. Do it, appreciate the amazing scenery and even more so appreciate the amazing engineering, and logistics going on around every corner. Remember, where there’s a great view with a parking area you will have a man selling fossils, they are in the middle of nowhere, where do they live and how much effort goes into them trying to sell a few fossils, just admire them .

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone know if dogs are permitted into the ruins at Volubilis please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Does anyone know if dogs are permitted into the ruins at Volubilis please?
I saw a blog of a family that hired a guide to show them around volubilis, the guide had a dog with him apparently, but it was off a lead.
Don't know if that helps.
Maybe if you get there and can't get the dog in you could pay someone outside to look after him for you whilst you look around?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Looks like we might be here longer than scheduled!
COVID-19: Morocco Suspends All Flights, Maritime Trips to Spain
Morocco World News
Mar 12, 2020
Rabat – After consulting with Spain’s leaders, Morocco decided today, March 12, to suspend all flights and maritime voyages to its closest European neighbor as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to spread.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well it was predicted. Now what happens when you overtsay the visa. €1200 fine each we’ve heard.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Plenty of good quality fresh cheap food here Jim, it’s the visa running out that will be the biggest headache. Hundreds of French running round like headless chickens I expect, plus there are quite a few Italians and Dutch here as well.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well it was predicted. Now what happens when you overtsay the visa. €1200 fine each we’ve heard.
Can’t see that somehow, they are quite administratively efficient the Moroccans as you know, it is being enforced by them, theyll have a workaround.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Looks like we might be here longer than scheduled!
COVID-19: Morocco Suspends All Flights, Maritime Trips to Spain
Morocco World News
Mar 12, 2020
Rabat – After consulting with Spain’s leaders, Morocco decided today, March 12, to suspend all flights and maritime voyages to its closest European neighbor as the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to spread.

Interesting!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
By the time I’m scheduled to leave I’m sure it will have been lifted! :tmi: :unsure:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Can’t see that somehow, they are quite administratively efficient the Moroccans as you know, it is being enforced by them, theyll have a workaround.
What send us out via Algeria perhaps, you did say you wanted to see the Med coast. ???

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Plenty of good quality fresh cheap food here Jim, it’s the visa running out that will be the biggest headache. Hundreds of French running round like headless chickens I expect, plus there are quite a few Italians and Dutch here as well.
I am sure they will extend the visas as its out of your control not sure about your insurance though. Agree food should be OK unless movement is imposed. But currently there are less issues with CV in Morocco than The EU at the mo. So you should be safer
Best of luck you guys. Keep us all posted.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I have sent this email to the British Consul in Rabat:

Sir, I am currently touring Morocco in a motorhome. I understand there is a substantial fine for outstaying a visa, can you tell me what will be the situation if this happens due to the suspension of ferry services by the Moroccan Authorities due to the Corona Virus?
Do you have any guidance as to what action if any to take for British Nationals caught up in this situation?
Thank you
Simon Prance

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
My ticket is via Tanger Med, though I’ll wager it’s bedlam up there at the moment with all those trying to get across who've been here since Christmas and their visas fast approaching the end.

The Moroccans have difficulty dealing with visa admin at the best of times. Imagine transferring to another port - total chaos.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
There is an English woman on site here who has recently extended her visa and bought more motorhome insurance through Saham Assurance Maroc

I will quiz her more tomorrow.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well despite emailing the British Consulate in Rabat 4 days ago ive heard diddly squat back.
Lots of little huddles of French and Italians here, a Dutch man who was totally oblivious to the situation and a kid collecting plastic water bottles who may not realise that there may be a lot more bottles still to collect.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
There is an English woman on site here who has recently extended her visa and bought more motorhome insurance through Saham Assurance Maroc

I will quiz her more tomorrow.

She said that Saham Assurance which is in most larger town's will do third party insurance for travellers.

She sorted her visa through the camping le Relais Marrakesh who pretty much did it for her . She paid 300 MAD to them. She had to get loads of passport photos and loads of photocopying forms.

We went in a tiny shop in Foum Zguid today where they guy spoke very broken French but showed us about seven applications that he was sorting / had sorted for French motorhomers presumably from the campsite in the centre of Zguid

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're at Moulay Bousselham and were planning to head to the port on Monday via Assilah. So now I'm thinking go straight to Tanger-Med tomorrow and see what I can find out.
As it's Morocco trying to prevent the bug coming in can't see why that should stop anyone leaving. But if they've stopped the ferry we're snookered.
Will report back.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
It’s called a prolongation to extend your stay from 3 months to 6 months. There was/is an office at Agadir port where you were processed. But it was a while ago and may well have changed. The large campsites north of Agadir used to do a roaring trade in sorting it all out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back