ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Afternoon,,, well the weather beat me today,, I thought it was gonna rain so I started at 6.30,, got some slabs loaded out, and started to lay,, but I got soaked!! So back again tomorrow, and we will see how we go!!

this is all I managed to do today! 33B21AF0-923D-4D11-8ECE-10F676045579.jpeg

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
but I got soaked!! So back again tomorrow, and we will see how we go!!

Lazy sod............... what is wrong with one of these =
1591810525701.png
:winky: :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning,,,, well I’m up and just opened the blinds,, no rain yet,,, bonus,,, I’ve only done two good mornings laying slabs so far,, what with having to change some slabs, and the rain yesterday, it’s put me back a bit to be honest,, if I can finish laying the slabs by Friday night I shall be pleased enough,, I then shall let them go off over the weekend and point them all on Monday!

anyway, that’s my plan,,,

so off to work about 6,30,,, didn’t sleep very well, but that’s normal at the moment,,, no idea why, I was up at 2, had a brew, and an hour just thinking,,, strange my sleep patterns are Shocking now!

well, have a nice day,, anyone going back to work yet???? Xxx

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Morning,,,, well I’m up and just opened the blinds,, no rain yet,,, bonus,,, I’ve only done two good mornings laying slabs so far,, what with having to change some slabs, and the rain yesterday, it’s put me back a bit to be honest,, if I can finish laying the slabs by Friday night I shall be pleased enough,, I then shall let them go off over the weekend and point them all on Monday!

anyway, that’s my plan,,,

so off to work about 6,30,,, didn’t sleep very well, but that’s normal at the moment,,, no idea why, I was up at 2, had a brew, and an hour just thinking,,, strange my sleep patterns are Shocking now!

well, have a nice day,, anyone going back to work yet???? Xxx
We started back in the office on Monday.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
No I’m doing a phased return. We have about 20% back in too.

Those who are suffering by being at home; coping with the mental health issues, feeling isolated, in danger of violence or abuse or need an escape and key workers in first.

In July I will reassess the others and the part time workers.

All installers came back in from Monday.

I’ve also adjusted working times to be accommodating for those that needed it (we have loads of space) so luckily that isn’t an issue.

I went and bought loads of bleach, anti bac, wipes, hand sanitizer and paper hand towels from makro the other day. So that’s all in place.

I will revert to working from home again if the need arises.

Everyone seems happy to be back in and I won’t put anyone under any pressure if they aren’t comfortable coming back in.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Ian . Nice work.
How will you (or the owner) get rid of that white area on the house wall? Looks like it may have been caused by damp.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Afternoon,, well I’m glad I’m not the only one working! Lol.

started early,to try and miss the rain, wasn’t too bad, showers off and on till about 1,10 pm then it got heavier so I called it a day!
I did ok though, just got the drive next to the house to do tomorrow, then get some soft sand for the dreaded hands and knees day of pointing! Lol.

I will tell you something,,,, working on my own is not bad, but it really drives home the benefits of a good labourer,, I reckon I could have had all the slabs laid today, with the help of a decent bloke! Still , after this I’m waiting for the next job so I can relax,, I think I’m furloughing myself! Lol.
Nice to hear from you,, Here’s a pic of my efforts today! 40BCE676-42CF-4F99-99C3-44E71995E2FE.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Afternoon,, well I’m glad I’m not the only one working! Lol.

started early,to try and miss the rain, wasn’t too bad, showers off and on till about 1,10 pm then it got heavier so I called it a day!
I did ok though, just got the drive next to the house to do tomorrow, then get some soft sand for the dreaded hands and knees day of pointing! Lol.

I will tell you something,,,, working on my own is not bad, but it really drives home the benefits of a good labourer,, I reckon I could have had all the slabs laid today, with the help of a decent bloke! Still , after this I’m waiting for the next job so I can relax,, I think I’m furloughing myself! Lol.
Nice to hear from you,, Here’s a pic of my efforts today! View attachment 397220
I’m just doing our patio with Indian sandstone and have just pointed a section with Pave Tuf don’t know if you’ve ever used it? But it’s so easy to use wet whole area and then brush this in using as much water as you want it’s come up a treat and you can use a pointing iron to finish it if required? I haven’t bothered as I wanted it a bit rustic.😂
Looks a great job by the way👍

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Lovely job, Ian. How will the slabs perform if driven over to get to the garage. Or are they going to park at the front. What is the cost of each 600 x 600 slab, just out of interest. David.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Lovely job, Ian. How will the slabs perform if driven over to get to the garage. Or are they going to park at the front. What is the cost of each 600 x 600 slab, just out of interest. David.

no idea individually David,, but I will have a look tomorrow! X

parking on big drive at front, no cars on slabs at all !!

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I’m just doing our patio with Indian sandstone and have just pointed a section with Pave Tuf don’t know if you’ve ever used it? But it’s so easy to use wet whole area and then brush this in using as much water as you want it’s come up a treat and you can use a pointing iron to finish it if required? I haven’t bothered as I wanted it a bit rustic.😂

how much is that stuff Speve? I’ve heard it’s expensive and doesn’t go far? I’ve got about 55 sq mtrs,,,

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I looked into one like Pave Tuf when I had to repoint patio but costs meant the slower way soft sand and cement

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Our friends son bought a house with a hard standing for his car made from slate from snooker tables. There were eight slabs. I don’t know how thick they were but it took his Nova.
I think they would be expensive to buy now. It looked nice in the rain but it was very slippery because there was a tree next to it.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Morning,, been up since 4,,, but not bad, went to bed at around 9/30 so I got a good kip!

very misty or foggy outside this morning, I hope it clears up,, it’s been a very moist week !

about 30 slabsto lay today, few edgings, bit of a tidy up, then pointing,, but that won’t be till Monday! Unless they give rain for Monday, in wich case I may well work on Saturday to try and finish, my app says sunny tomorrow! We shall see!

ok, I hope you have a good day, and I will see you later,, Xxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back