Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Afternoon,,,

well I got back five mins ago,, had a good shop,, ALDI!!
Didn’t get any bread making stuff cause I want a big mixer etc and they didn’t have any, so I shall get one of those first, then get some stuff,, which gives me time to read up on the process!!

the neighbor is a lovely girl,, Velma, from Lithuania,, We had a good laugh,, got a bit confused and got on crossed purposes a couple of times not least when she said can she put money into my bank after we’ve been shopping,, so I waited at the till in Aldi to pay for her shopping, a lot of it!! And she then paid!! So I thought she had no money for shopping, but she meant money for fuel!!
I of course being the gentleman I am, strongly refused the offer, much to her surprise,, but I enjoyed the company to be honest,, we had a laugh!!

so I shall just knock off my thesis in ten,, send back to oxford and await my doctorate in the post!

I’m going to learn Lithuanian this afternoon so I can communicate with Velma a bit better!!

tomorrow I may well have a go at BSL. I love improving my skill set, and what better time!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Afternoon,,,

well I got back five mins ago,, had a good shop,, ALDI!!
Didn’t get any bread making stuff cause I want a big mixer etc and they didn’t have any, so I shall get one of those first, then get some stuff,, which gives me time to read up on the process!!

the neighbor is a lovely girl,, Velma, from Lithuania,, We had a good laugh,, got a bit confused and got on crossed purposes a couple of times not least when she said can she put money into my bank after we’ve been shopping,, so I waited at the till in Aldi to pay for her shopping, a lot of it!! And she then paid!! So I thought she had no money for shopping, but she meant money for fuel!!
I of course being the gentleman I am, strongly refused the offer, much to her surprise,, but I enjoyed the company to be honest,, we had a laugh!!

so I shall just knock off my thesis in ten,, send back to oxford and await my doctorate in the post!

I’m going to learn Lithuanian this afternoon so I can communicate with Velma a bit better!!

tomorrow I may well have a go at BSL. I love improving my skill set, and what better time!!
Have you been drinking? Couldn't understand half your post there. :unsure: :unsure: :giggle:

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Just seen the news, again,after waking from a nightmare!! ( I have absolutely no proper sleep pattern now)

7/8 people arrested for coughing and spitting at either emergency or front line staff, I don’t remember which!!

what sort of dickhead would do that??

they need to throw the key away if there is video evidence of this every damned one of them!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Right I’m going out into the wide world at 9/30. Question!!!

is it worth buying ingredients and having a go at baking my own bread? If yes,, what do I need? ( need,,,, get it? Lol)

ive been trying to get the ingredients for a week Ian.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Find a recipe for soda bread Ian.

Easy, no yeast needed (nor mixer). Uses buttermilk which is sometimes hard to find but can be substituted with yoghurt/milk mix.

Brian's not keen on it but all the more for me ;)

Stay safe, Karen xx

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Screenshot_20200330-115807.png

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
My mum also made scones with sour milk , think soda farls in the supermarket, she used to put lemon juice into fresh milk to curdle it if she had no sour. no recipe just handfuls of stuff in a bowl mix and cook on the girdle no not a typo that's what we called it in scotland was delish mine was always just edible.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good evening,, tonight I’m posting a message from another funster, and it’s something that no one does lightly,,

the other day, on a thread the funster, Richard, f6c,,,, posted that he went to see his son in the hospice!! I thought it was a predictive text error in place of hospital, but it wasn’t !!

This morning at 6.10 his son WO2 JASON BARTON OF 6 RIFLES lost his fight with cancer,,, Jason was only 52 yrs old,but unlike so many without a loving family, he passed in the arms of his loving wife... he leaves two sons,, both boys, one of 17, and one of 11,,

my heart goes out to Richard, his wife and Jason’s family,,, I hope they can find some peace in life,, and I’m sure he will be loved forever !!

RIP Jason,, and thank you for your service!!

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
This is too sad, I can't imagine the grief of his wife and those poor boys.

RIP Jason and condolences to his dad and family. Words are never enough.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
So very sad, one member loses a much loved son, but the same day another member welcomes welcomes a healthy 14th great grand daughter. The circle of life indeed

Thinking of you and your family Richard f6c at this awfully sad time

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Good evening,, tonight I’m posting a message from another funster, and it’s something that no one does lightly,,

the other day, on a thread the funster, Richard, f6c,,,, posted that he went to see his son in the hospice!! I thought it was a predictive text error in place of hospital, but it wasn’t !!

This morning at 6.10 his son WO2 JASON BARTON OF 6 RIFLES lost his fight with cancer,,, Jason was only 52 yrs old,but unlike so many without a loving family, he passed in the arms of his loving wife... he leaves two sons,, both boys, one of 17, and one of 11,,

my heart goes out to Richard, his wife and Jason’s family,,, I hope they can find some peace in life,, and I’m sure he will be loved forever !!

RIP Jason,, and thank you for your service!!

very sad situation and so true about words being ineffectual. Condolences to his family poor souls x

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Evening,,,

yesterday I did my little garden!
Had a good tidy, laid some free sleepers, put down a bit of bark, and a few bags of grey slate,, for a small space it’s not looking too bad!!

I’m going to have a go at growing some tomatoes and a few other things, but these will be in growbags,and not dug in ground!!

then I shal get some pots and plant them up for a bit of colour!! I also need a little table and a couple of chairs!!

today I have binge watched the series Sunderland till I die!! All about the football club,,, they ain’t had much luck, you have to feel for em!! Well made series though, it was a good watch!!5DD120B7-1F06-416D-B7E2-D46D038C3AE0.jpeg18031F26-C389-4062-AA66-AEB20D194235.jpeg67395E9A-8E24-4340-A473-C9A4BBB10190.jpeg

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah looking good, seeds are a devil to find now though, everyone's getting in to it, plenty on here for gardening advice, and might even be some close to you that could fix you up.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Just had to get out after a week!
At the range in Norwich,, social distancing at its finest!! View attachment 375649
Gee you are lucky ! Entering 4th week here of isolation . Nothing except supermarket and pharmacies open so nowhere to go anyway . And supermarket shopping minimum times possible . Caught out too many times ... fined ! We have a gendarmerie school in the town so plenty out on training lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back