ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just seen figures for Italy,,, over 10.000 dead,, Unbelievable! my heart bleeds for them all !!

Question,,,,,
I havnt heard the powers that be at the EU saying anything in a press conference or similar? Has it all been disbanded due to the crisis?

have they all run for the hills ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Question,,,,,
I havnt heard the powers that be at the EU saying anything in a press conference or similar? Has it all been disbanded due to the crisis?

have they all run for the hills ???
I was reading somewhere that Italy and Spain are feeling very bitter towards the EU who have done little to assist them.
Having said that it was reported today that a flight took six Italian CV19 sufferers to Germany.
It`a something, but six out of thousands ???

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I was reading somewhere that Italy and Spain are feeling very bitter towards the EU who have done little to assist them.
Having said that it was reported today that a flight took six Italian CV19 sufferers to Germany.
It`a something, but six out of thousands ???

I don’t think the powers at the EU are going to do very well after this! Or the EU organisation as a whole,,, maybe a few more will be thinking of leaving! To me it seems like they are doing nothing! Where are they????

oh yes,,, they must be downstairs shopping in their designer shops they had built!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Just been on to amazon, to see if I can get some dettol wipes, usually I pay around £2/3.00 for a pack of 70 wipes!!!!

Amazon,,,, 70 wipes, dettol , £17.00 to £24.00.

they should be wearing a mask !!!

What sort of delivery time were they quoting? Now I have Prime, I looked as something which would normally have next day delivery, and they were saying three weeks!

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Just been on to amazon, to see if I can get some dettol wipes, usually I pay around £2/3.00 for a pack of 70 wipes!!!!

Amazon,,,, 70 wipes, dettol , £17.00 to £24.00.

they should be wearing a mask !!!

Thats a serious profit, dispicable !

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Morning,,,

An update,,, just had a right result!!!

got in touch with landlords,, housing association,, no rent to pay till June!!

phoned council tax,,, none to pay till June!!

that has cut my overhead down by £500 per month!!

overheads I can manage now are,,

phone, internet, services, ( water, gas elec etc) van ins, tax approx £200 per mth ,,,

I hope to get through till I either start work or June without any major panic!!

But I do need new trainers!! Lol.

or some uhu glue hoo. Poundland closed now though. X

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Have you watched 'Madam Secretary'? It's a brilliant insight into the workings of the US government (if it's true, of course).

oh it is great what channel is it on?

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Sorry went a bit soppy there ?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just seen the news, again,after waking from a nightmare!! ( I have absolutely no proper sleep pattern now)

7/8 people arrested for coughing and spitting at either emergency or front line staff, I don’t remember which!!

what sort of dickhead would do that??

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right I’m going out into the wide world at 9/30. Question!!!

is it worth buying ingredients and having a go at baking my own bread? If yes,, what do I need? ( need,,,, get it? Lol)

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Currently bread flour and yeast very difficult to source. You could try making sour dough bread making your own starter (google it) and just plain flour. Think a lot of people have the same idea that is why the bread flour and yeast in short supply. We have some coming from a mill but they are limiting what you can buy to one bag of each. Sorry to put a damper on your idea - you may be lucky! Take care out there

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
My friend, who is and A&E nurse, was spat on yesterday, as someone wasn’t happy with her decision not to test them. They live among us! ?
I hope she/ he knew the name of the person and that they were reported.
The law should come down on that sort of behaviour like a ton of bricks.

On second thoughts Ian might be able to help with that, literally. :Eeek:

Richard.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Right I’m going out into the wide world at 9/30. Question!!!

is it worth buying ingredients and having a go at baking my own bread? If yes,, what do I need? ( need,,,, get it? Lol)
If you want to have a go, do it, might work might not, but definitely don't think you will be saving money, cost at least twice as much as a sliced loaf, and if you did have a bit of luck and make a good one, it won't last ten minutes.
Been there done that :doh:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Currently bread flour and yeast very difficult to source. You could try making sour dough bread making your own starter (google it) and just plain flour. Think a lot of people have the same idea that is why the bread flour and yeast in short supply. We have some coming from a mill but they are limiting what you can buy to one bag of each. Sorry to put a damper on your idea - you may be lucky! Take care out there
Plenty of bread around though,,,BUSBY.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
If you want to have a go, do it, might work might not, but definitely don't think you will be saving money, cost at least twice as much as a sliced loaf, and if you did have a bit of luck and make a good one, it won't last ten minutes.
Been there done that :doh:

I don’t think it’s cheaper but ianthebuilder once you’ve tasted home made bread you’ll not want the shop stuff! It’s easy ... flour, warm water, yeast (if you can’t get bakers yeast try brewers yeast) and some salt. There’s different methods. I use Richard bertenet ... there are you tube videos. Don’t get too hung up about it, I always think bread is made the world over by rich and poor, it’s pretty flexible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back