• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD HYMER E690 (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hymer E690 For Sale

£22,495 (ovno)

It’s time for us to move on, and as a result, our much loved and well maintained Hymer E690 is up for sale. Although as originally planned it will be transporting us to our winter sun location, it can however be made available now, if required.

Description.
Hymer E690, LHD 1999 Fiat Ducato, Alko tandem axle chassis, 2.8 TDi, 5 x speed, ABS.

Mileage = 173K kilometers (this will increase as MH still in use). New engine installed @ 57,280K kilometers MOT May 2020.

Axle 1 = 2000Kgs, Axle 2 = 1750Kgs, Axle 3 = 1750Kgs.
GVW = 5500Kgs, GTW = 6500Kgs.
A valid C1 Licence is required to drive this vehicle.

Hymer/Alko towbar including 7 x pin electrics (neither used yet). The shipping length is 8m (7.97), and 8.5m with the integrated bike rack in use.
The E Series bodies were built to the same specification as the famous quality built S Series Hymers, but fitted to a Fiat/ALKO chassis, with production running from 1995 through to 1999, whereupon production ceased. The very popular and sociable “Bar” layout, was later reintroduced as a B754 in 2001, but built to a lesser specification and budget.

Internally, this is a 5 x berth Motorhome (MH), (or 4 x adults + 2 x children) comprising of a front drop down double bed with a quality sprung foam mattress (never used by us), 3 x belted Captain style swivel seats, 1 x long settee (extends to make up a ¾ bed), and 1 x extending Bar style central table. The kitchen area is also of the Bar style, comprising of a 3 x burner hob, extractor fan, Smev oven/grill with rotisserie, and a double sink. Opposite is an Electrolux AES fridge/freezer, TV cupboard, and full size wardrobe.
To the rear left is a French Quarter double bed with a quality sprung mattress, and foam topper. To the right, there is a vanity unit with large basin and storage underneath, and a toilet come shower room to the rear.
There are overhead aircraft cabin style, and envelope type lockers throughout the MH, with further storage in the kitchen area, as well as under the dining table. The rear half garage can be accessed from the interior, by raising the rear bed slats on gas struts. Heating is via a Truma gas C6002 blown air system (overhauled by Truma Derby 2019), with extra gas heating to the cab, via a Truma E2400 cab heater. All habitation windows are double glazed. All seating has been completely re upholstered in recent years. There is air conditioning to the cab, as well as to the living area, and 12v LED Lighting throughout, except where there are fluorescent tubes.

Externally, (from exiting the cab door), there are water and petrol (generator) filling points, and a bulk gas tank (80 litres, but only fills to 80%) with filling point. A Thetford cassette locker with SOG unit fitted. At the rear is an integrated bike rack for 3 x bikes, which folds discreetly away into the bodywork, as well as ladder access to the roof (protected by a secured metal anti access cover). From the rear right, is access to the spacious half garage (which is heated), EHU access point, fridge/freezer vents with upper vent heat extraction fans, habitation door with retractable electric steps, former gas cylinder locker, (now containing leisure batteries), and a Bullfinch Gas BBQ point. There is also an Omnistor/Thule 5500 wind out awning (completely refurbished in recent years, but hardly used since).

Security, is in the form of a Fiat factory fitted engine immobiliser, a VANBITZ Strikeback Alarm System, which integrates the central locking to the doors and the rear garage, with entry sensors on all door/garage/locker access points, and includes a bike loop, which can be used to alarm the bikes either when on, or off the rack.
Also, Fiamma Frame D Locks are fitted to secure the cab, habitation, and garage doors.

Accessories, include Kathrein TV antenna with booster, Globesat satellite dish, roof air con unit, 2 x 85 watt solar panels and controller, Sterling Battery to Battery charging unit, Electrolux 2.5KVA Generator with remote start from inside, Nature Pure water filtration unit, 1 x 300 watt inverter, 1 x 1500 watt inverter with a permanently live USB socket (both quasi sine wave), 2 x 12v charging sockets, 1 x CBE Battery manager (provides a charge of up to 4 amps to the starter battery, when the leisure batteries are full).

Over the past 14 x years of ownership, we have really looked after our MH, which included 2 x visits to the factory in Bad Waldsee, Bavaria, and 1 x trip to the much respected Hymer Engineer, Peter Hambilton of Preston, Lancs, (now retired). The service history is mostly made up of either receipts for parts purchased, or for work/services carried out. Much of the general maintenance and small jobs have been carried out by ourselves, with the majority of the mechanical work being carried out by a trusted Royal Mail Workshops HGV mechanic.
2016 saw the fitting of a new rear crankcase oil seal, along with a new camshaft belt and auxiliary drive belts. November 2017, the chassis underwent a renewal of many components, including new front suspension units (utilising existing Goldschmitt coil springs) and new top bearing mounts, new front brake calipers and pads, new front brake hoses, new cab air con matrix and re-gassing), new brake pipes along to both rear axles, 4 x new ALKO shock absorbers. November 2018 saw the fitting of a new 110A Alternator, and a new brake vacuum pump.

Summer 2019 saw a visit to the Truma factory at Derby, for a complete removal and overhaul of the Truma C6002 gas boiler, and a new flue pipe.
Other work has been done over the earlier years, but the above is just an example of recent work. Where work or parts have been needed, they’ve been sourced and applied. We have tried as far as possible, to maintain our E690 to it’s original spec and condition.

Those who know us (Jock & Rita) through the MH forums, and been in our company at Meets or Rallies, can vouch for the condition of our MH, and the efforts we have taken to look after it over the many years.

Initial enquiries please to…………………….. jock999@gmail.com

On behalf of Rita and I, thank you for taking the time to read our advert. Photos and a short video to follow.

P.S. Please note………….. This is a genuine sale, welcoming genuine enquiries.

As the vehicle is still in use, this means that many items viewed in the photos
understandably, will not necessarily be included in the sale.

No tyre kickers or time wasters please. Thanks.

100_1197.JPG
Copy of DSC01136.JPG
Copy of DSC01137.JPG
DSC01133.JPG
DSC01134.JPG
DSC01135 - Copy_LI.jpg
DSC01132.JPG
P1090889.JPG

Aerial footage of Our Lovely Hymer E690.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Great advert for an excellent vehicle that has been cared for. I loved the bar layout on our Starline 640. Wish you well and I feel sure it won’t hang around long at all.
Carol

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well you have certainly surprised me Jock, ? I never thought I would see the day. ?

Having had the pleasure of being invited in to Jock and Rita's palace, I have no doubt in my mind that anyone looking for a well loved motorhome, that has had everything done to it over the years, and knows anything about perfection will take your arm off. ??
I can't imagine what your plans are, but good luck with the sale. (y)
I'm sure that will make someone very happy, ? all the best for the future. ? Bob and Janie.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Crikey Jock, that has to be the best and most comprehensive advert for a motorhome I've ever seen.

I can certainly vouch for the condition and quality of moho, along with your constant efforts keeping it so pristine.

Good luck with the sale and I look forward to seeing the replacement .... I wonder if my suspicion is correct as to what it may be.:wink:

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
A great advert for a great van at a great price....??

good luck Jock and Rita...?

ps: I hope your not giving up motorhoming...?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Good Luck with the sale Rita & Jock!

Didn't Grahame Ukbandit take a nice all round video of your Hymer with his drone when we were at Portpatrick in the summer?

Worth adding a link?

Barry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Cracking advert for a very good van Jock. If you are ever stuck for a job I can find you one, disposing of my collectables.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I recognise that material! :D

I've got the brown version which I used to make removable covers for my campers/MH, it's a tough material and should look great for years to come!

4 after - Copy.JPG
material - Copy.JPG

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
On behalf of Rita and I, thank you all for your positive comments and support. :) Much appreciated. (y)

What are you doing next Jock & Rita?
See below please Phil. ;)

ps: I hope your not giving up motorhoming...?
No Garry, you and Phil (along with others) aren't getting rid of us that blooming easy.
YOU'VE GOT ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE. :rofl:

Didn't Grahame @Ukbandit take a nice all round video of your Hymer with his drone when we were at Portpatrick in the summer?
Now then namwaldog, thanks for reminding me/us. I had forgotten all about that, as I have with the location of the video.....................but will go and have a wee look for it. Cheers. (y)

Cheers all,

Jock & Rita. :)

P.S. Initial enquiries please to…………………….. jock999@gmail.com

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Great ad for a great van Jock, I’m sure it will sell quickly and whoever buys it will be chuffed with it.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Good luck with the sale. I bet you'll be sad to see it go. What you getting next?
Thanks Sandra. :) Yes we will. :( Not tellin cos you're smellin. :LOL: Only joking. ;) Not 100% sure just yet, but whatever, it/she won't be new, as we are not in that market. :(

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Didn't Grahame @Ukbandit take a nice all round video of your Hymer with his drone when we were at Portpatrick in the summer?

Worth adding a link?
Unfortunately I can't find the drone footage on my laptop, where I uploaded it to, so for now, this photo of the spotlessly clean roof will have to do. ;)

P1030229.JPG

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back