France 2021 (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We're not but at the minute the way france is going i can see them not wanting folk their this year ... tourism isnt a main revenue for france like it is in spain Portugal and greece etc ...france and Germany make their main money elsewhere
I wonder if they are going to allow us to transit? Thats an expensive tunnel they own if they re going to curtail tourism for another year, same with Britanny ferries, although I suspect P&O will move tourists to Ostend ( the Belgians are apparently letting people in)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
This time last year we were just about to enter the first lockdown - no idea of what was coming - no propspect of a vaccine and yet by July JUNE many of us were away, had a great time and no incidents. IMO this year should be better.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Allright don't rub it in. You re going to beat me this year as well, after the announcement I instantly booked a tunnel crossing for the 18th May and then Son's wedding got moved from 15th to 30th, so will have to move it again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wonder if they are going to allow us to transit? Thats an expensive tunnel they own if they re going to curtail tourism for another year, same with Britanny ferries, although I suspect P&O will move tourists to Ostend ( the Belgians are apparently letting people in)
No idea but they aren't letting you transit at present without a pcr test ...they won't accept antigen tests etc

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We're not but at the minute the way france is going i can see them not wanting folk their this year ... tourism isnt a main revenue for france like it is in spain Portugal and greece etc ...france and Germany make their main money elsewhere
Not a huge difference between the countries, but 7.5% is quite a chunk of GDP. 3 million dependant jobs or 10% of their employment might disagree with you.

France
Consequently, the total amount of internal tourism consumption, which combines tourism-related spending by both French residents and non-residents, represents around 7.5% of GDP (5% for residents, 2.5% for non-residents). Direct and indirect employment related to tourism together account for over 2 million jobs.

Greece.
Tourism in the economy. Tourism is one of the most important sectors of the Greek economy and a key pillar of economic growth. Tourism GDP accounted for 6.8% of total GVA in 2017. The sector directly employed 381 800 people in 2018, accounting for 10.0% of total employment in the country.

Spain
Tourism in Spain is the third major contributor to national economic life after the industrial and the business/banking sectors, contributing about 10–11% of Spain's GDP

Portugal

In Portugal, tourism and all travel-related revenues account for about 10 percent of the country's gross domestic product. The tourism sector is also a key source of employment and big component of exports of services.

I think you might want to ask the french as really its up to them if they want you there or not ....at the minute they certainly don't ....even transiting through is frowned upon
Last year, contrary to the pitch wielding natives rumours that were heard on the internet by a minority, the welcome we received, and everyone else received was superb in every way for everyone that actually went.

Broken Link Removed

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Allright don't rub it in. You re going to beat me this year as well, after the announcement I instantly booked a tunnel crossing for the 18th May and then Son's wedding got moved from 15th to 30th, so will have to move it again.
I ve cancelled going over in May. was looking at the probability that we will be allowed out after April, just not allowed back without Q10 so planning to go on 11th and return on 29th but too much head space taken up with wondering if we could get back so UK for that one.

I wont get over til June for a month now so you may well beat me as it doesnt look like 2nd jab for me before my leaving date (if they insist upon 2nd jab)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I havent been on your thread lately - How has your welcome been in Greece Northernraider ? are you transiting back yet?
Greece has been 95% good id say ...most of the locals ive spoke with have been very friendly and welcoming ...only 2 or 3 have seemed disaproving etc but then Greece is still very low numbers and especially down here in peloponnese. I never felt the same welcome in italy for the time i spent there on route. ..and i avoided france all together on the way here bar a short drive from Calais to Belgium.

I start my journey home on friday ...ferry to Ancona then up through italy and france ....but france is proving to be the most difficult to plan as not easy to get a pcr test done in northern italy....and arriving on a weekend.....i don't want to hang around in italy or france longer than necessary to get home

But i may be expecting it to be worse than it turns out to be .... will see on the other side.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is the kind of thing im finding when googling transit through france that does nothing to reassure me

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not a huge difference between the countries, but 7.5% is quite a chunk of GDP. 3 million dependant jobs or 10% of their employment might disagree with you.

France
Consequently, the total amount of internal tourism consumption, which combines tourism-related spending by both French residents and non-residents, represents around 7.5% of GDP (5% for residents, 2.5% for non-residents). Direct and indirect employment related to tourism together account for over 2 million jobs.

Greece.
Tourism in the economy. Tourism is one of the most important sectors of the Greek economy and a key pillar of economic growth. Tourism GDP accounted for 6.8% of total GVA in 2017. The sector directly employed 381 800 people in 2018, accounting for 10.0% of total employment in the country.

Spain
Tourism in Spain is the third major contributor to national economic life after the industrial and the business/banking sectors, contributing about 10–11% of Spain's GDP

Portugal

In Portugal, tourism and all travel-related revenues account for about 10 percent of the country's gross domestic product. The tourism sector is also a key source of employment and big component of exports of services.

Last year, contrary to the pitch wielding natives rumours that were heard on the internet by a minority, the welcome we received, and everyone else received was superb in every way for everyone that actually went.

Broken Link Removed
I can only go by locals , friends and neighbours here but holidaymakers from other areas are not too welcome ( we have a fair number of second homes inherited from granny and great granny !) so can’t see other nationalities been in any better a place . At least at present .

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

France

Greece.

Spain

Portugal

Broken Link Removed
I was just going by something i read online the other day regarding holiday season and tourism etc where it said both france and Germany were likely to be more cautious in opening up this year for tourists compared to Portugal cyprus greece etc that have announced they hope to take tourists in the summer. The article stated that unlike those countries france and Germany were not so dependant on tourists and their economies could cope without it if it helped to keep their numbers low etc ....but ive been on so many pages the last week or so trying to find tests and changing restrictions etc that i cant find the page again ....like everything there is so much conflicting information out there just now who knows what's accurate or not. But things opened last year in several countries then the figures went sky high again so i don't expect those with high figures and low vaccinations to be making the same mistake again but i could be wrong because lets face it money seems more important in some places than others.

If it wasn't for the 90 days thing id have been staying put till things improved I don't really want to be in countries with high covid

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can only go by locals , friends and neighbours here but holidaymakers from other areas are not too welcome ( we have a fair number of second homes inherited from granny and great granny !) so can’t see other nationalities been in any better a place . At least at present .
I suppose its best to think how you would react in the uk at present if you saw foreign plated motorhomes driving around ....i know id be thinking whats going on..... So im kinda dreading the drive back to be honest.

Its quite remote down here in comparison and having been here since before a the winter Christmas lockdowns started its hard to imagine what more populated denser areas are like at the minute.
Motorhome sticks out like a sore thumb especially when not many about. Might be different in 4 or 5 months though.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I was just going by something i read online the other day regarding holiday season and tourism etc where it said both france and Germany were likely to be more cautious in opening up this year for tourists compared to Portugal cyprus greece etc that have announced they hope to take tourists in the summer. The article stated that unlike those countries france and Germany were not so dependant on tourists and their economies could cope without it if it helped to keep their numbers low etc ....but ive been on so many pages the last week or so trying to find tests and changing restrictions etc that i cant find the page again ....like everything there is so much conflicting information out there just now who knows what's accurate or not. But things opened last year in several countries then the figures went sky high again so i don't expect those with high figures and low vaccinations to be making the same mistake again but i could be wrong because lets face it money seems more important in some places than others.

If it wasn't for the 90 days thing id have been staying put till things improved I don't really want to be in countries with high covid
This is the map of the higher Covid areas so you should be fine and transit at weekends might be a problem in those areas
7B2F2C53-FF2B-4B29-949E-86EE9276E671.png

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is the map of the higher Covid areas so you should be fine and transit at weekends might be a problem in those areas View attachment 471465
Yeah i won't be in france before monday 15th anyway and then all being well ill be leaving Wednesday the 17th at the latest. ... arrive in italy saturday afternoon but need to get a test done then drive from Ancona to france which is a good 8 or 9 hour drive ... and curfews 1800 -0600

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I can only go on the first hand experience of everyone who went there.

Its going to be a while til youre open, and there will have to be a compromise at some stage between CV and cash, just like there are Cornish folk who arent looking forward to an influx.

But things opened last year in several countries then the figures went sky high again so i don't expect those with high figures and low vaccinations to be making the same mistake again but i could be wrong because lets face it money seems more important in some places than others.
They opened up on June 15th. Figures remained very low, incredibly low. spitfire s area is about the same size as Devon and they went up from 2 cases to 3 at one stage. It wasnt until the youths went to Quiberon in August and abused the night club licensing then went home to infect everyone else that France went up. Places like Germany were fine until October, and I think it is fair to say the weather and our reaction to the warmer weather helps significantly and I see the more northern european countries opening up late May early June, but I could be wrong. France being high in comparison at the moment isnt a great issue for people thinking of going away late May.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Greece has been 95% good id say ...most of the locals ive spoke with have been very friendly and welcoming ...only 2 or 3 have seemed disaproving etc but then Greece is still very low numbers and especially down here in peloponnese. I never felt the same welcome in italy for the time i spent there on route. ..and i avoided france all together on the way here bar a short drive from Calais to Belgium.

I start my journey home on friday ...ferry to Ancona then up through italy and france ....but france is proving to be the most difficult to plan as not easy to get a pcr test done in northern italy....and arriving on a weekend.....i don't want to hang around in italy or france longer than necessary to get home

But i may be expecting it to be worse than it turns out to be .... will see on the other side.
It will be really interesting to see how you get on.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
They opened up on June 15th. Figures remained very low, incredibly low. spitfire s area is about the same size as Devon and they went up from 2 cases to 3 at one stage. It wasnt until the youths went to Quiberon in August and abused the night club licensing then went home to infect everyone else that France went up. Places like Germany were fine until October, and I think it is fair to say the weather and our reaction to the warmer weather helps significantly and I see the more northern european countries opening up late May early June, but I could be wrong. France being high in comparison at the moment isnt a great issue for people thinking of going away late May.
I thinking it might have to be direct to Santander/Bilbao

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I can only go on the first hand experience of everyone who went there.

Its going to be a while til youre open, and there will have to be a compromise at some stage between CV and cash, just like there are Cornish folk who arent looking forward to an influx.

Unfortunately we are about the highest in Nouvelle Aquitaine now which is why locals are not happy with holidaymakers . 4 weeks of staggered school holidays has done us no favours .

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Unfortunately we are about the highest in Nouvelle Aquitaine now which is why locals are not happy with holidaymakers . 4 weeks of staggered school holidays has done us no favours .
I saw that and to be fair i was pretty astounded !

You stick out like a sore thumb at the moment on a colour coded map

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I saw that and to be fair i was pretty astounded !

You stick out like a sore thumb at the moment on a colour coded map
We have been very low till now and has to be visitors . You can tell them a mile away in shops and in markets . Less careful than locals by a long way . A car with 75 plate gets even more dirty looks !

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hello folks
We recently booked our annual trip to France (Newhaven to Dieppe) for three weeks in mid July with our friends, three vans in total.
My question is do you think we will be allowed to travel or should we start looking for sites in the UK.
The Government has confirmed that overseas holidays will be permitted (pending a review) from May 17. Time to book that trip to France, then? Not so fast.
While holidays may be legally permitted after that date, travellers could still face restrictions, including a quarantine, when they return to the UK, while France may not even be welcoming British holidaymakers. This is the current state of affairs, and while it could change in the coming months, any booking for travel, even in summer, comes with an element of risk.
Here's everything we know so far.

Am I allowed to travel to France?​

Until at least May 17, only those with an essential reason to leave Britain may do so. The UK does not consider a holiday to be essential; only those travelling for work, or for other permitted reasons (such as a house purchase or a wedding; the list is surprisingly extensive) are allowed beyond our shores. If you are allowed to travel, you must still quarantine for 10 days when you return home (and take three tests; see below).
Furthermore, France's borders, until further notice, are closed to most Britons. Only the following categories of people are authorised to travel to France from the UK.
  • French nationals and nationals of the European Area and their spouses and children.
  • British and/or third country nationals who are either habitually resident in France, the European Union or the European Area, or who must travel for certain essential reasons (as set out in the criteria for exemptions listed on the exempted international travel certificate). For travel to France from the UK, this can be found under the tab ‘Travel to/from a country outside the European Area’. In exceptional circumstances, the French Consulate in London may be able to assist with travel for an essential reason not listed on the international travel certificate. For further details, please see the French Embassy London’s website.
Arrivals from the UK will need to complete both a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight, and a signed ‘travel certificate’ (attestation), confirming their reason for travel. These can be found on the French government’s website.

Do I need to take a test?​

Yes. The Foreign Office website explains: "All travellers from the UK, including children aged 11 and above, will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure. From 18 January, only PCR tests will be accepted for passengers. For hauliers, current testing measures at the border remain unchanged. You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test. A list of private providers of coronavirus testing is available here.
"Passengers arriving in France from the UK will also be required to self-isolate for seven days on arrival, before taking another PCR test. Exit from this self-isolation period is subject to a negative test result. Please find more information on how to obtain a PCR test in France here."
Furthermore, you will need to take a test no more than 72 hours before returning to the UK, and then a further two tests after you return (on day 2 and day 8), at a cost of £210 per person.

When will holidays be allowed to resume?​

That is the big question. The UK has said holidays will not be able to restart until at least May 17, but this date is subject to review and we do not know whether returning Britons will be expected to quarantine when they get home. France has not given any indication as to when it will remove its ban on non-essential UK arrivals. It seems likely that restrictions will be eased before the summer, but nothing is certain.

Will vaccine passports open up travel?​

It is becoming increasingly clear that vaccine passports, or, at the very least, some form of inoculation certification, will soon be a reality. EU leaders have given the green light to the concept, as have British authorities.

Will testing requirements remain?​

It seems likely that testing will remain a requirement, if not for all travellers then certainly for those who have not been vaccinated.

What are Covid restrictions like in France?​

Not quite as arduous as our own, but pretty tough.
The Foreign Office explains: "From 16 January, a national curfew will be in place from 6pm to 6am. Please check the French government’s COVID 19 pages (in French) for more information. These measures may change at short notice. Exemptions from the curfew are very limited and only apply for those with medical needs, caring responsibilities or working in roles which cannot be done from home. New attestations (or self-certificates) to leave the house during curfew are available on the French Interior Ministry website and through the digital app ‘Tous anti-Covid’.
"Travel between regions is now allowed. Public services, schools and shops are open but restaurants and cafes are closed, along with cinemas, theatres and museums."
Full information about restrictions in France can be found here.

How long will the restrictions last?​

It seems like that restrictions will be lifted in the coming weeks and months as warmer weather arrives, pushing down infections, and more people are vaccinated.

Am I still covered by travel insurance?​

If you need to travel to France there are a small number of providers willing to offer cover against Foreign Office advice.

Are flights to France operating?​

A number of airlines are still operating limited flights to France. Ryanair, easyJet, British Airways and Vueling are among the airlines with flights running this week.

Is the Channel Tunnel still open?​

Yes, Eurotunnel is still running.

Is Eurostar running?​

Eurostar has operated a service between London St Pancras and Paris Gare du Nord throughout the pandemic. Check with the rail provider for details. Passengers are required to wear face masks.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Even at the moment I think you can transit back through France. Remember Liberte Egalite Fraternite.
You can but with hassle and expense ....from blogs i follow it seems if you stray off tollroads and main roads etc the police are being complete swines. And not just with brits so I don't believe its anything to do with current brit french relations just they are taking it seriously and taking no prisoners. Im not looking forward to the journey through france one bit

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We have been very low till now and has to be visitors . You can tell them a mile away in shops and in markets . Less careful than locals by a long way . A car with 75 plate gets even more dirty looks !
tbf they always did.

Shame your cases are on the up, according to the map you posted earlier South West generally looks pretty good, or do you think the same is likely to be happening there?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The Government has confirmed that overseas holidays will be permitted (pending a review) from May 17. Time to book that trip to France, then? Not so fast.
While holidays may be legally permitted after that date, travellers could still face restrictions, including a quarantine, when they return to the UK, while France may not even be welcoming British holidaymakers. This is the current state of affairs, and while it could change in the coming months, any booking for travel, even in summer, comes with an element of risk.
Here's everything we know so far.

Am I allowed to travel to France?​

Until at least May 17, only those with an essential reason to leave Britain may do so. The UK does not consider a holiday to be essential; only those travelling for work, or for other permitted reasons (such as a house purchase or a wedding; the list is surprisingly extensive) are allowed beyond our shores. If you are allowed to travel, you must still quarantine for 10 days when you return home (and take three tests; see below).
Furthermore, France's borders, until further notice, are closed to most Britons. Only the following categories of people are authorised to travel to France from the UK.
  • French nationals and nationals of the European Area and their spouses and children.
  • British and/or third country nationals who are either habitually resident in France, the European Union or the European Area, or who must travel for certain essential reasons (as set out in the criteria for exemptions listed on the exempted international travel certificate). For travel to France from the UK, this can be found under the tab ‘Travel to/from a country outside the European Area’. In exceptional circumstances, the French Consulate in London may be able to assist with travel for an essential reason not listed on the international travel certificate. For further details, please see the French Embassy London’s website.
Arrivals from the UK will need to complete both a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight, and a signed ‘travel certificate’ (attestation), confirming their reason for travel. These can be found on the French government’s website.

Do I need to take a test?​

Yes. The Foreign Office website explains: "All travellers from the UK, including children aged 11 and above, will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure. From 18 January, only PCR tests will be accepted for passengers. For hauliers, current testing measures at the border remain unchanged. You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test. A list of private providers of coronavirus testing is available here.
"Passengers arriving in France from the UK will also be required to self-isolate for seven days on arrival, before taking another PCR test. Exit from this self-isolation period is subject to a negative test result. Please find more information on how to obtain a PCR test in France here."
Furthermore, you will need to take a test no more than 72 hours before returning to the UK, and then a further two tests after you return (on day 2 and day 8), at a cost of £210 per person.

When will holidays be allowed to resume?​

That is the big question. The UK has said holidays will not be able to restart until at least May 17, but this date is subject to review and we do not know whether returning Britons will be expected to quarantine when they get home. France has not given any indication as to when it will remove its ban on non-essential UK arrivals. It seems likely that restrictions will be eased before the summer, but nothing is certain.

Will vaccine passports open up travel?​

It is becoming increasingly clear that vaccine passports, or, at the very least, some form of inoculation certification, will soon be a reality. EU leaders have given the green light to the concept, as have British authorities.

Will testing requirements remain?​

It seems likely that testing will remain a requirement, if not for all travellers then certainly for those who have not been vaccinated.

What are Covid restrictions like in France?​

Not quite as arduous as our own, but pretty tough.
The Foreign Office explains: "From 16 January, a national curfew will be in place from 6pm to 6am. Please check the French government’s COVID 19 pages (in French) for more information. These measures may change at short notice. Exemptions from the curfew are very limited and only apply for those with medical needs, caring responsibilities or working in roles which cannot be done from home. New attestations (or self-certificates) to leave the house during curfew are available on the French Interior Ministry website and through the digital app ‘Tous anti-Covid’.
"Travel between regions is now allowed. Public services, schools and shops are open but restaurants and cafes are closed, along with cinemas, theatres and museums."
Full information about restrictions in France can be found here.

How long will the restrictions last?​

It seems like that restrictions will be lifted in the coming weeks and months as warmer weather arrives, pushing down infections, and more people are vaccinated.

Am I still covered by travel insurance?​

If you need to travel to France there are a small number of providers willing to offer cover against Foreign Office advice.

Are flights to France operating?​

A number of airlines are still operating limited flights to France. Ryanair, easyJet, British Airways and Vueling are among the airlines with flights running this week.

Is the Channel Tunnel still open?​

Yes, Eurotunnel is still running.

Is Eurostar running?​

Eurostar has operated a service between London St Pancras and Paris Gare du Nord throughout the pandemic. Check with the rail provider for details. Passengers are required to wear face masks.
I have an issue with this report and HMG wording of things.

All the dates are correct etc and the information, however, On April 12th, campsites open in the UK.
I genuinely dont see how our Government can determine that we cant go to a country with less infection than ourselves and force us to remain in this country for a holiday

Lets say europe's infections come down to next to nothing between April 12th and May 17th and Europe opens it s borders to countries with low infection rates (Cyprus and Portugal already indicated they will on May 1st) which may be us. How legal would banning us from going abroad be ? They can Q10 us upon return but not allowing us to go is very wrong in my view (at that stage if it comes)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
tbf they always did.

Shame your cases are on the up, according to the map you posted earlier South West generally looks pretty good, or do you think the same is likely to be happening there?
Who knows ! Might become interesting in a couple of weeks when the influence of holidays are felt . Is difficult as different areas of France have holidays at different times so who goes where traditionally for holidays varies

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You can but with hassle and expense ....from blogs i follow it seems if you stray off tollroads and main roads etc the police are being complete swines. And not just with brits so I don't believe its anything to do with current brit french relations just they are taking it seriously and taking no prisoners. Im not looking forward to the journey through france one bit
I would normally avoid France until the last little bit because the tolls are a lot less but are you routing France because you think you will need tests to enter all the rest?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

I agree with this bit

"lets face it money seems more important in some places than others".

I suppose for some countries it could come down to a thumb in the air calculation of the economic benefit of tourism from other countries or even areas within their country against the economic cost if they end up shutting the whole economy again.
In a largely unvaccinated population last year might have been a wake up call.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back