France 2021 (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Perhaps it's just me but even if they do crack on at that rate why would they fully open pubs before the huge numbers recently vaccinated had a chance to develop immunity? What is it with the papers its almost like they are desperate for things to go wrong.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Perhaps it's just me but even if they do crack on at that rate why would they fully open pubs before the huge numbers recently vaccinated had a chance to develop immunity? What is it with the papers its almost like they are desperate for things to go wrong.
Seeing as Easter Monday is 5th April using your three week for immunity to develop why wait until 17th may before opening up pubs? Three weeks is 26th April.
To turn you question around. What is it with some people wanting to delay longer than required?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Seeing as Easter Monday is 5th April using your three week for immunity to develop why wait until 17th may before opening up pubs? Three weeks is 26th April.
To turn you question around. What is it with some people wanting to delay longer than required?
Vaccination was supposed to be receiving both jabs not just the first which is a good start but not vaccinated until received both.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Vaccination was supposed to be receiving both jabs not just the first which is a good start but not vaccinated until received both.
Isn’t the first jab supposed to give over 90% immunity after three weeks? Which is far, far better immunity than any other vaccine has ever been.
I realise some are very wary of any relaxation of restrictions but we do need to move on. The ones more wary won’t be forced to come out of their houses. They can lock themselves down forever if they wish but I for one want to get back to living instead of just existing.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Astra Zeneca gives 76% after one dose and 82.4% after two doses

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Maybe having seen cases increase again after opening up before. When you keep saying we can do what we like as long as vaccination works do you mean after both doses as licensed or just one. I think gradual opening up has been chosen by the government for a few reasons the main one being whilst delaying the next opening up would be politically difficult actually going back again and closing a previous relaxation would be very dammaging. As we saw with the Christmas change that would delay action until there are already people in hospital some of them bound to die. I actually think it would have been better to state the data required for relaxation and for recomposition of measures maybe we would have opened sooner who knows we never saw the figures.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Maybe having seen cases increase again after opening up before. When you keep saying we can do what we like as long as vaccination works do you mean after both doses as licensed or just one. I think gradual opening up has been chosen by the government for a few reasons the main one being whilst delaying the next opening up would be politically difficult actually going back again and closing a previous relaxation would be very dammaging. As we saw with the Christmas change that would delay action until there are already people in hospital some of them bound to die. I actually think it would have been better to state the data required for relaxation and for recomposition of measures maybe we would have opened sooner who knows we never saw the figures.
I don’t know about opening earlier but I do think using the data as opposed to setting dates would be a better idea. Who knows when this would have led to relaxing the restrictions? However it is going to prove very difficult to keep to the set dates if figures continue to fall to low levels. The government did say they would be led by the data then promptly set dates. To me that’s not being data led.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Astra Zeneca gives 76% after one dose and 82.4% after two doses

This bit

Given the poor efficacy at preventing asymptomatic infections, the vaccine will not stop transmission of covid but will still go a long way to reduce the R value

Suggests we do still need to be a bit careful what souvenirs are bought back from potential holidays in covid hotspots.
I don’t know about opening earlier but I do think using the data as opposed to setting dates would be a better idea. Who knows when this would have led to relaxing the restrictions? However it is going to prove very difficult to keep to the set dates if figures continue to fall to low levels. The government did say they would be led by the data then promptly set dates. To me that’s not being data led.
I totally agree especially as you said set dates which they have said they aren't!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back