France 2021 (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
No they can't.
Around here you can't just walk in but you can book. Little chance of the second dose before May though. We've moved our tunnel from early May to the August bank holiday hopefully the dust will have settled by then also booked skiing in January. Looking forward to proper traveling again getting on the ferry or tunnel feels like the start of a holiday.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Portsmouth Santander booked for May 18th,,,ever the optimist but i can easily change the date,,,changed it half a dozen times to date..BUSBY.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Portugal had the highest rate of our major destinations within Europe 30 days ago at 1,612.2.
Today they are the lowest of our major destinations within Europe at 120.6

In 30 days time we will still be looking forward to Easter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Around here you can't just walk in but you can book.
Not with us I have just had my first jab this week my wife still waiting so if we can get out and about it will only be local as we still need to be about for our 2nd jab up to 12 weeks time. It is just all a pain 2020 3month trip had to be canceled and 2021 looks to be the sams and 2 years lock down at my time of life is a lot.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We went to France for 3 weeks last July , did the whole thing on aires, didnt book a single night, had a great time, staying 2-3 nights at a time
Yes we did same. Only use Aires when we go, had a lovely time and then had to quarantine when we got back.
I honestly think there won’t be any French touring this year!

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Jason Leitch said his view was 80% likelihood by September ... but that’s Scotland and England is more lax.

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
In a year of tragedy and uncertainty one thing i have learned is to just roll with it, so when we are told we can go and we are welcomed by that country we are going to I'm ready. Until then I will just............roll with it :gum:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Yes we did same. Only use Aires when we go, had a lovely time and then had to quarantine when we got back.
I honestly think there won’t be any French touring this year!
We spent a month in Germany from 4 June another month Germany until the 10th October but no quarantine. Just changed the Eurotunnel crossing to 10 Sept. I hope to go before then but France is still looking iffy. I will go to Germany again given the chance and French border control.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We cant just turn up for a jab yet im 56 no sign of invitation yet.
We got to France last August 3 weeks it was very safe and we felt safe even with the french 1m distancing. Had to quarantine on return but hey ho. All booked for this august but if we cant scotland here we come.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Hello folks
We recently booked our annual trip to France (Newhaven to Dieppe) for three weeks in mid July with our friends, three vans in total.
My question is do you think we will be allowed to travel or should we start looking for sites in the UK.
Purely guess, but I think it unlikely

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We had booked tunnel for week before Christmas but had to cancel as borders shut. We then rearranged / cancelled for Feb, March, April - now booked 28th May. We will both have 2nd jab by 25th May, so roll on continent, hopefully!!

We will take the same precautions as we have here, keep ourselves to ourselves, masks and sanitiser and go to whichever countries will allow us.

Roll on May!!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
2021 is different...more cases, more restrictions, those that wish to travel post May 17th may have had their Jabs, but its a totally different here.....Regional, and National restrictions...very few have had or will have had jabs come mid May......its all very up and down.....

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We cant just turn up for a jab yet im 56 no sign of invitation yet.
We got to France last August 3 weeks it was very safe and we felt safe even with the french 1m distancing. Had to quarantine on return but hey ho. All booked for this august but if we cant scotland here we come.
Dont wait for the invite, you can go on the website and book it, there s another thread running on it. I booked mine on Friday 58 for tomorrow. Going to second choice location gained me a week but hey I would have gone a long way to speed up getting the passport.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Even if France is not doing well with the Vaccination its easy enough to keep yourself to yourself in a MH and if it comes to it drive on through/ferry to Spain.

This time last year we were just about to enter the first lockdown - no idea of what was coming - no propspect of a vaccine and yet by July many of us were away, had a great time and no incidents. IMO this year should be better.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We went for a month last summer. Avoided all cities and crowds as always. We only ate out twice, both outdoors in the sun. Our French friends who we saw then, now have covid.

Jul 29, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 530 Flash
Exp
Camping Caravanning and Motorhoming for 40yrs, last 2 Motorhoming
I think you might want to ask the french as really its up to them if they want you there or not ....at the minute they certainly don't ....even transiting through is frowned upon
Agree, I think they’ll want to vaccinate their population before they’re happy to let other countries in. We don’t know if the vaccines prevent transmission yet.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We went for a month last summer. Avoided all cities and crowds as always. We only ate out twice, both outdoors in the sun. Our French friends who we saw then, now have covid.

To me France is all about the things that you had to avoid.

If things are the same this year then perhaps I won’t ship out after all and wait until things change for the better.

Such a sad feeling having the urge for travel that we m/homers have and not being able to satisfy it.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I think you might want to ask the french as really its up to them if they want you there or not ....at the minute they certainly don't ....even transiting through is frowned upon
We re not talking at the minute though , the Op was talking about July and none of us can go until at least mid May.

When the French open the borders is when it will be OK to go. I suspect Spain will be open sooner.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Agree, I think they’ll want to vaccinate their population before they’re happy to let other countries in. We don’t know if the vaccines prevent transmission yet.
AFAICS they might have somebody elses in charge before they get even halfway through the way they re going

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
3.6million vaccinated with first dose, but 23,000 new cases in last 24 hours. (source France 24)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
3.6million vaccinated with first dose, but 23,000 new cases in last 24 hours. (source France 24)
I don't know if it's still the same but in the past they were only doing a fraction of our testing so the real number of new cases could be way higher.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We re not talking at the minute though , the Op was talking about July and none of us can go until at least mid May.

When the French open the borders is when it will be OK to go. I suspect Spain will be open sooner.
We're not but at the minute the way france is going i can see them not wanting folk their this year ... tourism isnt a main revenue for france like it is in spain Portugal and greece etc ...france and Germany make their main money elsewhere

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I don't know if it's still the same but in the past they were only doing a fraction of our testing so the real number of new cases could be way higher.
Could be as any country as relies on people coming forward if they have symptoms. But numbers have stayed reasonably stable given we have schools open , all shops and can travel freely within the country . No bars, cafes or restaurants since October last year and I think that does help as the french are a culture that likes to meet together in those places . The main numbers are in certain areas and they are now in weekend lockdowns . And this is before vaccination comes into its own

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We have today booked ET from the 28June till 23 August. Few days crossing France etc then onto Croatia. We Use ET Frequent Traveller scheme and it is no hassle cancelling as you get all your money. We can only hope and wait and see what happens.

litter picker Colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back