France 2021 (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Billingham UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Hello folks
We recently booked our annual trip to France (Newhaven to Dieppe) for three weeks in mid July with our friends, three vans in total.
My question is do you think we will be allowed to travel or should we start looking for sites in the UK.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We will have to wait and see about France and I think by then it may be too late to book exactly what you want/where you want in UK as the campsites will be stuffed full!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We will have to wait and see about France and I think by then it may be too late to book exactly what you want/where you want in UK as the campsites will be stuffed full!
We went to France for 3 weeks last July , did the whole thing on aires, didnt book a single night, had a great time, staying 2-3 nights at a time

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Carried forward all late July/ August bookings from last year. Personally I’m expecting to be able to go, but with new variants, possibility of outbreaks here and in Europe it’s obviously in the lap of the Gods at the moment. I’m not double booking the dates in England.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With France have one of the highest infection rates in Europe at the moment and not keen on vaccinations. If they do allow us in best plan would be to drive straight through to a country with lower infection rates and most of the population have been vaccinated.
We are hoping to get away mid September can't see it being a good idea before then.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I’m gagging to euro travel again but I have resisted for this year. You just don’t know what the other countries are doing and it seems neither do they. They haven’t even got their vaccination programs under way yet.
Phil

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I may be wrong, as many on here think I always am :doh: :giggle:
But I am getting more confident of going with every day, we also went last July, and pretty sure we will this time, if things keep going the way they are it will be gone by July, just the schools opening might put a blip in it , wait and see but I'm not wasting money booking places here when I can put it to the tunnel fare.(y):sun:

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Try this. £6.50 on ebay :smiley:

1615020080413.jpeg

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We went last June for 3 months, and although it was different and we had to be careful, we didn’t eat out or go for drinks, we had an amazing time. Safer than Uk in most places, we also got the warmest welcome in France we have ever had. We will go when we are lucky enough to get our vaccines, and behave sensibly.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
In what way? What are we all getting vaccination for if we still can't go out?

Because France is way behind us and you may not want to risk the vaccine that you took not giving you 100% of protection.
Personal choice of course.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are booked on Tunnel May 18th after Boris announced May 17th for international travel, problem is no vaccine available for over 60 s where we live, so that is our major concern
Why is that? 55s can just walk in anywhere now :unsure:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Because France is way behind us and you may not want to risk the vaccine that you took not giving you 100% of protection.
It does give 94% protection.
I guess it’s all about how you see things. Me? I’m pretty certain I’ll be in the 94% protected.
You on the other hand seem to think you’ll be in the 6% not protected.
Like I said all about how you see things.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I guess it’s all about how you see things. Me? I’m pretty certain I’ll be in the 94% protected.
We went last year with no vaccine, so got to be 94% safer this year (y) :sun:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We are booked on Tunnel May 18th after Boris announced May 17th for international travel, problem is no vaccine available for over 60 s where we live, so that is our major concern
If you don’t get your first jab before 5th April you will have to wait for your second jab I thought your first minister said they going really well hopefully you will be fine

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Think this thread needs a read before people rush off ,https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...k-from-spain-and-france-my-experience.236512/. I have been going to France/Germany almost every year for the last 15 ,I have the tunnel booked for 8th Aug but as already said France has the highest infection rates at the moment, you will have the hassle of getting tests done and the extra hassle from Macron for leaving the E.U. Unless it improves rapidly i will be giving it a miss this year.
here's the latest infection rates

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
In what way? What are we all getting vaccination for if we still can't go out?

As I understand it, you should still take all the current precautions wherever you are, because you can catch Covid regardless. Your better chance of not being hospitalised if you catch Covid is the main benefit of vaccination. The evidence that it might reduce transmission is somewhat patchy.

If you go across the Channel, even if you have had both doses of the vaccine I would not rule out the possibility that you might be required to have several Covid tests and even to self-isolate on arrival and on return.

Obviously, keeping away from urban areas would help. It depends what sort of trip you prefer. The sort of French experience we enjoy that includes eating out every day, sitting in bars and cafes, wine tastings, visiting museums and Chateux, plenty of shops for the Duxette to explore etc. isn't really likely to happen in 2021. If you are into lakes and mountains and remote areas it should work better.

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

Assumptions, assumptions.

For your information, I have been a lockdown sceptic and will be on the first ferry sailing.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
So if you are one of us that are hopefully getting away soon. Why post this? It’s not a very hopeful post it’s more like you’re saying it’s not safe.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We were booked for Spain in December 2020.?????
Moved that to France for the end of May ?????
Just moved that to September 2021

If that goes, by then, BF will have their Winter schedule up and we'll be back to Spain for the colder months.

Until then it's Rallies Temporary Campsites and the like in the UK.

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
So if you are one of us that are hopefully getting away soon. Why post this? It’s not a very hopeful post it’s more like you’re saying it’s not safe.

I am simply placing the onus of the decision on the individual. By all means ask for others’ opinions but ultimately the choice is yours.

My posts are not a me against you diatribe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back