Fined after taking Chausson for hab check & service (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Right back at ya ... you're just constantly 'pushing' views to try to point score for the sake of it ... mind your halo doesn't slip! 😇
So are you one of the ones pushing the rules or not? I notice you didn’t answer that part.
We’re hopefully coming towards the end of this lockdown but people pushing the rules are going to play into the hands of those wanting it to continue.
Let’s hope enough of us are continuing to stick to the rules therefore maybe, just maybe we’ll be able to play out soon.
Those advocating the breaking of the rules are trying to spoil it for the rest of us.

TR5

Apr 30, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
He shot him in the back as he was running away ... there was no dispute about this ... if the oik had been running towards him it would have been a different matter.
If it went right through, it would only be back to front! Oh-er!!!

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
My husbands yard was broken into. Some valuable equipment stolen. All cops did was give us an incident number because apparently they were too short staffed to send anyone out. Yet now they have plenty of officers to do the gov bidding.
I have been called names because I expressed sadness at people dying or being very ill with covid, but then dared to go and suggest that the figures the gov give us are manipulated in such a way as to put the fear of god into us. So many people still seem to think that a "positive case" is someone who is ill. That is not true. Most of them have no symptoms at all. And the world health organsation is now admitting that the PCR test should not be used for mass testing. They are also saying and have been for months - lockdowns are not the best way to deal with the virus. Keeping us away from each other is building up trouble for later. Our immune systems need constant stimulas to work efficeintly. We will have little natural immunity to anything if this continues.
When our gov say they are following the science, they clearly don't rate the scientists of the world health organisation very highly.
For those who believe the vaccine is the way out - one only has to read the papers or listen to the news to know that isn't going to happen any time soon. I believe there has been a spike in the number of deaths which does not fit the pattern of the virus. Those deaths started to increase in almost exact proportion to the number of people who have had the jab. This data is available on gov own website.
I am not callous or a covid denier. But the gov own data is showing that the restrictions are doing us more harm than the virus. I also happen to believe that quality of life is as important over time as simply not being dead. Back at the beginning, lockdown seemed feasible. Not so now.

Do you have any links with front line Police Officers? I’m afraid you appear to be ill informed on more than one subject. Are you a Troll? 🤷‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
He shot him in the back as he was running away ...
You are completely missing the point. It was pitch dark. He was firing in to the darkness . He had no idea what direction the intruder was running.
& no he wasn't doing anything stupid as it was his land and no one should have beenon it.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Try telling that to the Norfolk farmer who was put behind bars for shooting an intruder..... he had my sympathy as the toe-rags had done him before but you cannot just take the law into your own hands.... He used unreasonable force.....apparently !
A person is entitled to use reasonable force to protect life and property. I have every sympathy for Mr Martin who was living on his own and had been a burglary victim previously. However, shooting a retreating burglar who was no threat to him or his property in the back a killing him was unlawful and unreasonable whatever sympathy one might have. Having said that I doubt the deceased was much of a loss to society, only to his family and those of a similar lifestyle.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Just apply COMMON sense, that will help make the right decision for you

Yes, totally agree.

So I'll do a risk assessment of the different risks (of catching or transmitting CV_19) of taking a car to the supermarket against taking the MH from our drive to the supermarket.

Get into the car or get into the MH, while they are stood on the drive no difference in risk.

Drive in the MH or the car to the supermarket, no difference in risk.

Sit in car or sit in MH in supermarket car park while Mrs does the shopping, no difference in risk.

Loading shopping into the car or the MH, no difference in risk.

Driving back home in MH or car, no difference in risk.

Parking up the car or MH on drive and unloading shopping, no difference in risk.

So why are people telling me that the police will have me in Durham jail, or that I am a CV_19 denier and should be shot at dawn for endangering the whole of Tyneside by using a MH instead of a car to go shopping ?

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
So are you one of the ones pushing the rules or not? I notice you didn’t answer that part.
We’re hopefully coming towards the end of this lockdown but people pushing the rules are going to play into the hands of those wanting it to continue.
Let’s hope enough of us are continuing to stick to the rules therefore maybe, just maybe we’ll be able to play out soon.
Those advocating the breaking of the rules are trying to spoil it for the rest of us.
If it wasn't such a mess it would work, unfortunately it is,. I contract into one company who are nationwide, three weeks ago I was working in Clapham, getting on the job was laborious, every ticket shown then handed back, sanataion points in the entrance to the site, face coverings must be worn signs all over the place, tempreture taken, guess what... get on the site with 300 other tradesmen and very, very few were wearing coverings.

Same last week near to York, hassle to get on the site, once on anything goes.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
You are completely missing the point. It was pitch dark. He was firing in to the darkness . He had no idea what direction the intruder was running.
& no he wasn't doing anything stupid as it was his land and no one should have beenon it.
Even if, as you say he had no ides, and I believe you are wrong, firing recklessly into the darkness regardless of who might be killed or injured or what might be hit is unlawful.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If it wasn't such a mess it would work, unfortunately it is,. I contract into one company who are nationwide, three weeks ago I was working in Clapham, getting on the job was laborious, every ticket shown then handed back, sanataion points in the entrance to the site, face coverings must be worn signs all over the place, tempreture taken, guess what... get on the site with 300 other tradesmen and very, very few were wearing coverings.

Same last week near to York, hassle to get on the site, once on anything goes.
Just out of interest. I take it they’re building sites. What are they building in Clapham?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It is sad that people are dying of covid, or suffering long term effects. However, it should not mean that the whole of society is shut down. Many many people are suffering terribly because of the restrictions. Are their lives worth less because they haven't got covid.
And if they obey rules and advice they will stay Covid free..BUSBY.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
My husbands yard was broken into. Some valuable equipment stolen. All cops did was give us an incident number because apparently they were too short staffed to send anyone out. Yet now they have plenty of officers to do the gov bidding.
I have been called names because I expressed sadness at people dying or being very ill with covid, but then dared to go and suggest that the figures the gov give us are manipulated in such a way as to put the fear of god into us. So many people still seem to think that a "positive case" is someone who is ill. That is not true. Most of them have no symptoms at all. And the world health organsation is now admitting that the PCR test should not be used for mass testing. They are also saying and have been for months - lockdowns are not the best way to deal with the virus. Keeping us away from each other is building up trouble for later. Our immune systems need constant stimulas to work efficeintly. We will have little natural immunity to anything if this continues.
When our gov say they are following the science, they clearly don't rate the scientists of the world health organisation very highly.
For those who believe the vaccine is the way out - one only has to read the papers or listen to the news to know that isn't going to happen any time soon. I believe there has been a spike in the number of deaths which does not fit the pattern of the virus. Those deaths started to increase in almost exact proportion to the number of people who have had the jab. This data is available on gov own website.
I am not callous or a covid denier. But the gov own data is showing that the restrictions are doing us more harm than the virus. I also happen to believe that quality of life is as important over time as simply not being dead. Back at the beginning, lockdown seemed feasible. Not so now.
Now let me see do I need to guess what your view is about 5G radio masts? Aliens, electronic chips in Vaccine????

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On a slightly different note, if you have a tracker and it must be working otherwise your insurance is made null and void Are you allowed to take your motorhome for a run out when your system tells you your battery is getting low.? I would say that keeping your insurance valid is essential. ?
I would not think the whole policy would be null and void but just the theft part.BUSBY.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
It was a office block that's being converted into apartments, flats to me.
Thanks, I think we’re talking about a different Clapham. I meant the one between Settle and Ingleton in the Yorkshire Dales.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes he was, you said it yourself ... "firing into the darkness".

Even if, as you say he had no ides, and I believe you are wrong, firing recklessly into the darkness regardless of who might be killed or injured or what might be hit is unlawful.
Exactly.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry I didn't realise I was 'accountable' to you! :doh:

I'm not pushing the rules, I have no need, or want, to do so, however if a situation arises then I will go over all the options and determine which is the most suitable at the time taking everything into account.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Really don't get it - everyone is free to do what they want - break the law - face the consequences.............. then challenge the law if you want

Why argue the toss ?

You choose ! ............stop criticising strangers (on here as well) who do something different........

Their conduct (unless they are NEXT to you) has no meaning to you and yours......

.......don't PRETEND it does! just to have an argument

Just do what YOU think is right.......

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No one should have been there. he had every right to do it & to defend himself. I'd have still been firing now.
You are wrong, no-one should have been there but it doesn't give him the right to shoot/kill them. However you also think it's okay to drop a bomb on China ... perhaps you're a liiiiitttttttlllllllleeee bit too excitable to make these sorts of decisions?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Sorry, as usual I'm a bit late to the thread and don't have time to read every page.

So why did the hab check guy have a gun and why was he shooting in to darkness after learning that the government had been lying to him about covid numbers?

And why was it dark? Something simple like a breaker or were the batteries totally gone?

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Firstly nobody has called you names., but your views have been challenged robustly. You have made assertions with no evidence about a broad conspiracy between scientists, epidemiologists doctors and our admittedly mendacious government, but are to quite prepared to dismiss the ONS data on excess deaths because it does not fit without agenda.
Your point on positive cases not necessarily implying that someone is ill, is ignoring the impact of asymptomatic cases merrily spreading the disease into the population and therefore causing more damaging infections and deaths.
There is no medical evidence that exposure to others carrying the virus will build immunity, and medical studies have shown the potential for multiple reinfections are possible, that we only start to build immunity if we catch it and survive and there is no guarantee that immunity will persist as the virus mutates.So you are promoting another fallacious principle based on nothing but your own beliefs.
This is also evident in your conclusion that the spike in deaths is directly related to the rise in the numbers of those vaccinated. There is no data, evidence or connection available which substantiates this assertion. It is more likely that we are seeing the results of an increased level of household and generational mingling over the Christmas period which has served to spread the infection more widely, particularly the Kent variant which appears to be significantly more infectious than the initial variant.
So it would appear that by asserting that our natural immunity should take care of us in preventing infection and drawing an entirely fallacious link between vaccination and increased death rates you all also veering into anti vaxxer territory , another Facebook favourite trope.
Lockdown, despite its dire socio economic impacts, buys us time to establish a viable track and trace process( still waiting...) a vaccination programme to protect the population and importantly, a means of slowing the infection rates so that hospitals can cope with the excess demands on ICU.
Would you sacrifice yourself or your loved ones, or indeed, another 130000 deaths of other people's mothers fathers, spouses, siblings and, yes, chiildren to allow the early resumption of those freedoms you reference? Somehow I doubt it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sorry, as usual I'm a bit late to the thread and don't have time to read every page.

So why did the hab check guy have a gun and why was he shooting in to darkness after learning that the government had been lying to him about covid numbers?

And why was it dark? Something simple like a breaker or were the batteries totally gone?
Trust me .... don't bother ... its not worth the time ... much better things to do such as going over to one of the EU bashing threads as it's getting quite 'toasty' on them! :rofl:

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
I'm still wondering why Judge Dredd was in the Yorkshire Dales and whether I should be worried. There is a Newark in the State of New Jersey, USA, which is of course in Mega-City One and perhaps there's a Lowdhams there.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Firstly nobody has called you names., but your views have been challenged robustly. You have made assertions with no evidence about a broad conspiracy between scientists, epidemiologists doctors and our admittedly mendacious government, but are to quite prepared to dismiss the ONS data on excess deaths because it does not fit without agenda.
Your point on positive cases not necessarily implying that someone is ill, is ignoring the impact of asymptomatic cases merrily spreading the disease into the population and therefore causing more damaging infections and deaths.
There is no medical evidence that exposure to others carrying the virus will build immunity, and medical studies have shown the potential for multiple reinfections are possible, that we only start to build immunity if we catch it and survive and there is no guarantee that immunity will persist as the virus mutates.So you are promoting another fallacious principle based on nothing but your own beliefs.
This is also evident in your conclusion that the spike in deaths is directly related to the rise in the numbers of those vaccinated. There is no data, evidence or connection available which substantiates this assertion. It is more likely that we are seeing the results of an increased level of household and generational mingling over the Christmas period which has served to spread the infection more widely, particularly the Kent variant which appears to be significantly more infectious than the initial variant.
So it would appear that by asserting that our natural immunity should take care of us in preventing infection and drawing an entirely fallacious link between vaccination and increased death rates you all also veering into anti vaxxer territory , another Facebook favourite trope.
Lockdown, despite its dire socio economic impacts, buys us time to establish a viable track and trace process( still waiting...) a vaccination programme to protect the population and importantly, a means of slowing the infection rates so that hospitals can cope with the excess demands on ICU.
Would you sacrifice yourself or your loved ones, or indeed, another 130000 deaths of other people's mothers fathers, spouses, siblings and, yes, chiildren to allow the early resumption of those freedoms you reference? Somehow I doubt it.
Regardless of whether a lockdown is a good way to save lives longterm it definitely is the only way to ensure the NHS isn't overwhelmed. Which as I understand it as been the Government's intention all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back