Fined after taking Chausson for hab check & service (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Firstly nobody has called you names., but your views have been challenged robustly. You have made assertions with no evidence about a broad conspiracy between scientists, epidemiologists doctors and our admittedly mendacious government, but are to quite prepared to dismiss the ONS data on excess deaths because it does not fit without agenda.
Your point on positive cases not necessarily implying that someone is ill, is ignoring the impact of asymptomatic cases merrily spreading the disease into the population and therefore causing more damaging infections and deaths.
There is no medical evidence that exposure to others carrying the virus will build immunity, and medical studies have shown the potential for multiple reinfections are possible, that we only start to build immunity if we catch it and survive and there is no guarantee that immunity will persist as the virus mutates.So you are promoting another fallacious principle based on nothing but your own beliefs.
This is also evident in your conclusion that the spike in deaths is directly related to the rise in the numbers of those vaccinated. There is no data, evidence or connection available which substantiates this assertion. It is more likely that we are seeing the results of an increased level of household and generational mingling over the Christmas period which has served to spread the infection more widely, particularly the Kent variant which appears to be significantly more infectious than the initial variant.
So it would appear that by asserting that our natural immunity should take care of us in preventing infection and drawing an entirely fallacious link between vaccination and increased death rates you all also veering into anti vaxxer territory , another Facebook favourite trope.
Lockdown, despite its dire socio economic impacts, buys us time to establish a viable track and trace process( still waiting...) a vaccination programme to protect the population and importantly, a means of slowing the infection rates so that hospitals can cope with the excess demands on ICU.
Would you sacrifice yourself or your loved ones, or indeed, another 130000 deaths of other people's mothers fathers, spouses, siblings and, yes, chiildren to allow the early resumption of those freedoms you reference? Somehow I doubt it.

You are clearly an expert perhaps you could share your credentials.............

Or is it just an opinion.......................

OP
OP
10tenmen
Jun 16, 2017
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Happy to help
Sorry, as usual I'm a bit late to the thread and don't have time to read every page.

So why did the hab check guy have a gun and why was he shooting in to darkness after learning that the government had been lying to him about covid numbers?

And why was it dark? Something simple like a breaker or were the batteries totally gone?
361 replies but this is the best one yet. 😂😂😂

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Unlike many offences I think this is all down to the individual officer's interpretation. As far as the OP goes what has he to lose in appealing?
How do you interpret essential? An MOT is not only essential but a legal requirement.
Not if its a secondary, non essential vehicle. There is no offence being without an MOT if its left on your drive / property. However it would be a legal requirement if it was kept on a public highway. In that case, the trip for an MOT is legal.
Not a trip for a Hab' test though. That is definitely not essential is it. The OP and the dealer should probably have known better.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Now what is this thread about? Fake thread on face ache, Covid or a one sided gun fight at the old coral.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You are wrong, no-one should have been there but it doesn't give him the right to shoot/kill them. However you also think it's okay to drop a bomb on China ... perhaps you're a liiiiitttttttlllllllleeee bit too excitable to make these sorts of decisions?
no I'm perfectly rational& rarely get excited. It is just work to me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
You are clearly an expert perhaps you could share your credentials.............

Or is it just an opinion.......................
No, facts freely available from official sources other than Facebook. Credentials are the ability to think critically and research data. Doesn't take an expert public health or epidemiology to call out those arguments, if they could be dignified with such a description.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
OMG... Whit a post
Started as a spoof post when somebody had read about 2 people going for a HAB check in van when they shouldn't do it... wouldnt have been caught if only one in van....but ok for mot because mot's are allowed because essential...to you dont/do need insurance if sorn'ed.. can't use moho to go essential shopping to Tescos..need to use essential car.. to police not responding to breakins..to its ok to break the rules if the side of your van falls off in storage...to covid is a con and "they are lying to us" and it is just a minor disease...to only shoot somebody if they are running towards you and not away or you be locked up..
Gosh have I missed anything.. sure I must have cause that was epic.
Ppphhheeewwww 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
Regardless of whether a lockdown is a good way to save lives longterm it definitely is the only way to ensure the NHS isn't overwhelmed. Which as I understand it as been the Government's intention all along.
Exactly

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
No, facts freely available from official sources other than Facebook. Credentials are the ability to think critically and research data. Doesn't take an expert public health or epidemiology to call out those arguments, if they could be dignified with such a description.

So you are not an expert, just someone who has an opinion on statistics that others put forward...............and that's it... so in your own words........... it doesn't take an expert..............

There are NO experts in Covid 19.............

Deleted User
Not if its a secondary, non essential vehicle. There is no offence being without an MOT if its left on your drive / property. However it would be a legal requirement if it was kept on a public highway. In that case, the trip for an MOT is legal.
Not a trip for a Hab' test though. That is definitely not essential is it. The OP and the dealer should probably have known better.
I have read through this thread, a number of members who keep quoting the term ‘essential’ a term which the press and others including politicians are using, however the legislation in regards to travelling states (below bold). Clearly everyone will all have their own idea of reasonable excuses, and there is a fair mix of those who agree with the initial thread creator, and those who strongly disagree. But reasonableness is an objective view, and a court will consider a subjective test if the person can convince them thats what they genuinely believed was reasonable, and it’ll be for the court to decide if it was reasonable... the test will not be whether the journey was essential. the term reasonable is a lower threshold than essential (as was the case in the first lockdown). Clearly we must all be mindful of staying at home to prevent the spread of this awful disease, but activity that seems necessary, and if carried out as safely as possible in the circumstances which can be justified as reasonable can still be conducted.

When you can leave home​

You must not leave or be outside of your home except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’. This is the law. The police can take action against you if you leave home without a ‘reasonable excuse’, and issue you with a fine (Fixed Penalty Notice).

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
So you are not an expert, just someone who has an opinion on statistics that others put forward...............and that's it... so in your own words........... it doesn't take an expert..............

There are NO experts in Covid 19.............
I do not pretend to be, nor do i spout opinions which are clearly based on the murkier depth of the internet's crazier fringes .
If one doesn't wish to be called out on views which lack intellectual robustness one should stick to the data from reputable, independent sources rather than opinions whose logic and integrity all too easily countered.
However, this exchange clearly validates the old adage that one cannot educate ignorance, nor can one vaccinate against it....

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
I have read through this thread, a number of members who keep quoting the term ‘essential’ a term which the press and others including politicians are using, however the legislation in regards to travelling states (below bold). Clearly everyone will all have their own idea of reasonable excuses, and there is a fair mix of those who agree with the initial thread creator, and those who strongly disagree. But reasonableness is an objective view, and a court will consider a subjective test if the person can convince them thats what they genuinely believed was reasonable, and it’ll be for the court to decide if it was reasonable... the test will not be whether the journey was essential. the term reasonable is a lower threshold than essential (as was the case in the first lockdown). Clearly we must all be mindful of staying at home to prevent the spread of this awful disease, but activity that seems necessary, and if carried out as safely as possible in the circumstances which can be justified as reasonable can still be conducted.

When you can leave home​

You must not leave or be outside of your home except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’. This is the law. The police can take action against you if you leave home without a ‘reasonable excuse’, and issue you with a fine (Fixed Penalty Notice).
Good analysis.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I do not pretend to be, nor do i spout opinions which are clearly based on the murkier depth of the internet's crazier fringes .
If one doesn't wish to be called out on views which lack intellectual robustness one should stick to the data from reputable, independent sources rather than opinions whose logic and integrity all too easily countered.
However, this exchange clearly validates the old adage that one cannot educate ignorance, nor can one vaccinate against it....

Smugness does not become you.........or maybe it does

Still no evidence of any expertise...........

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

By rules I presume you mean the laws produced by the Gov. and laid out in an official document. Can you put a link to an official Gov. document which states;

If you have a car and and also have a motorhome then the car must be used in preference to the motorhome when you drive out for essential shopping ?

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now

In other words you decline to back up your statement, fair enough.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Oki doki... I have followed this thread from the very start and I have read a lot about you MUST use a car to do essential shopping.
I therefore challenge you to publish the revalent rules here on this forum which state that you must only use a car for essential shopping.
On receipt of above rules I will quite gladly offer a full apology and donate £20 to Jim charity
(Assuming he shows me how to). Over to you Rumour and Innuendo

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now

OOOhhhhh, hit a nerve somewhere did I ? So sorry.

But you told me that the rules stated that taking a MH to a supermarket for shopping was illegal if I also owned a car.

I only asked you to prove it !!

As you cannot / will not prove it then obviously I will assume it was a false statement.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
As you have just admitted yourself... using a motorhome for non essential journey...
Going to Tesco is an essential journey be it a car a bike a 42t truck a van or a MOTORHOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back