European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (6 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
My apologies, but I've just been trying to arrange a rabies jab and I've realised I posted a wrong name and email address. Her name is JAUCET not Faucet. Her website is
https://www.veterinairejaucot.be/
which has an English language option
We tried 4 vets in Belgium and France and they all wanted a local address. Did you have one to register?

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We tried 4 vets in Belgium and France and they all wanted a local address. Did you have one to register?
As you will see from my original post, the Belgium vet left it to me to fill in my current Belgium address ;). She filled in my 'old' UK address.
As I said before, I think the smaller 'one man band' vets are more prepared to be flexible with interpreting the rules than the bigger practices or chains

Reactions: maz
Mar 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
As you will see from my original post, the Belgium vet left it to me to fill in my current Belgium address ;). She filled in my 'old' UK address.
As I said before, I think the smaller 'one man band' vets are more prepared to be flexible with interpreting the rules than the bigger practices or chains
Thank you for confirming. We’ve had no luck at all, all of the vets we went to see said they cannot do it anymore as the rules have changed and the government have become more strict 😣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thank you for confirming. We’ve had no luck at all, all of the vets we went to see said they cannot do it anymore as the rules have changed and the government have become more strict 😣
Hi nppc and welcome to the Fun!
:welcome3:

Have any of the vets in question actually specified what rules have changed? There has been no EU-wide rule change concerning pet passports - Regulation 576/2013 is the only actual legislation on the non-commercial movement of domestic animals. Most vets in France will no doubt quote what is written on the I-cad webpage, but there seems to be no actual law behind this. It would be interesting to know what reasons some Belgian vets have for thinking that rules have changed.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I visited this vets in France and asked the question while getting wormed (the dogs not me :) ) and the answer was no, not until we have lived at a registered address for 3 months

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We used Pets world La Zenia spain for a pp and 3 year rabies vaccine. €15 for each. Easy to make an appointment online or you can walk in and wait. Appointment was 30 mins with a vet who spoke English. She asked where we were staying and used our campsite address.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Spoke to a couple yesterday who go new PPs and 3 year rabies jabs for €15 per dog in Castelo Blanco, Portugal, a few days earlier. Not had a chance to confirm this with the vet yet but details attached for anyone who needs one and is in the vicinity.

IMG_20220325_091345.jpg

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
My apologies, but I've just been trying to arrange a rabies jab and I've realised I posted a wrong name and email address. Her name is JAUCET not Faucet. Her website is
https://www.veterinairejaucot.be/
which has an English language option
Went to this vet 31/03 for a rabies jab and she confirmed she will issue Belgium passports to English dogs. Didn’t discuss transferring rabies info as it was lunchtime and she was on her own and it was a bit chaotic. Slight problem in that she put expiry date as 2 years rather than three, but my fault for not checking. Convenient for me as it brings renewal date for both dogs close together. Cost was €59.80 which struck me as slightly expensive although she did give him a thorough examination
Not worried about any waiting time as previous rabies jab will still be valid when we return

• Informative
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Went to this vet 31/03 for a rabies jab and she confirmed she will issue Belgium passports to English dogs. Didn’t discuss transferring rabies info as it was lunchtime and she was on her own and it was a bit chaotic. Slight problem in that she put expiry date as 2 years rather than three, but my fault for not checking. Convenient for me as it brings renewal date for both dogs close together. Cost was €59.80 which struck me as slightly expensive although she did give him a thorough examination
Not worried about any waiting time as previous rabies jab will still be valid when we return
That’s who we used last year for our 2 Jacks, lovely lady and very efficient.
Easy parking outside for large vans.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I forgot to add this back in December but i used this vet in Greece for a passport and vaccinations when i rescued another dog there.

https://g.co/kgs/c9or7x

Very reasonably priced and speaks good english.

• Informative

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just wondering if anyone has found any more reasonably priced vets in Spain/Portugal for doing PPs? We're currently at Amarante about 50 km due East of Porto and probably going in a Southeasterly direction although that's not set in stone as we tend to change our minds every morning! 😄

I've emailed the one at Castelo Branco I mentioned previously but can't say for certain that we'll end up near them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Update:

Email response from Castelo Branco vet:

"Yes, we can give you passports for your dogs. You just need to make an appointment for that. Each passport its 10 euros plus the consultation (the consultation if it's just for that it is 15 euros)."

I assume the consultation covers all 3 dogs' visit so for us that would be €45 total but we're not going there as we've done them today instead, details on next post.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We have had the PPs done at Regua Vet (see photo below for contact info) at a cost of €74.50 for all 3 dogs (€15 each) including a consultation. Hubby popped in this morning for another reason which I'll post elsewhere but whilst there asked about doing PPs but unfortunately they only had 1 in stock however one of the vets was going to Vila Real for something so said he'd get some more whilst there, we therefore made an appointment for 4.00 pm and after a few clarification queries from the vet with and an important piece of microchip info supplied subsequently by me it was all done and dusted.

We used the AHC for all of the dogs' info but as we found it had one vital piece missing ... the dates of microchipping, I had supplied it to the vets for the AHC but it's not actually needed to issue one so isn't put on it thus we were caught out, we had the old passports for Lily and Tazzy with the info in but not for Minky who's never had a passport! o_O Oh bummer!!! o_O We knew it would be on Minky's UK vac card but it was back at the MH about 5 mins walk away ... darn it.:confused: Although the vet was prepared to put in a date prior to the rabies jab (I doubt if anyone ever checks with the m/chip provider anyway) however as we had the 'credit card' that the m/chip company issued with her number and their website details on I was able to go their, put in her m/chip number and hey presto the date she was 'transferred' to us was shown (not the day it was implanted), this was then able to be used for her passport ... phew! :sneaky:

So the moral of this is to make sure when you go to get your dog a passport you also have details of the microchip implantation date too (eg vac cards or a printout from the m/chip company) as it is NOT required for, or put on, to the AHC so you could be caught out as we were which could be catastrophic if you have no way of finding it out and have a vet who isn't quite so amenable.

Regua Vet Portugal.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
So the moral of this is to make sure when you go to get your dog a passport you also have details of the microchip implantation date too (eg vac cards or a printout from the m/chip company) as it is NOT required for, or put on, to the AHC so you could be caught out as we were which could be catastrophic if you have no way of finding it out and have a vet who isn't quite so amenable.
Very useful info - thanks Mel. (y)

Presumably your vet transferred existing rabies vaccination details over into the new passports, which is why the microchip implantation date was needed. For those owners who get another rabies vaccination administered at the same time as the Pet Passport is issued, then the microchip reading date is fine.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Very useful info - thanks Mel. (y)

Presumably your vet transferred existing rabies vaccination details over into the new passports, which is why the microchip implantation date was needed. For those owners who get another rabies vaccination administered at the same time as the Pet Passport is issued, then the microchip reading date is fine.
Yes transferred jab info which I was quite happy about as I didn't really want them to have another.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well that Pippa with a EU Pet passport, we used
as recommended by Coastal Cruiser. , very easy and she just transferred the rabies jab, all it cost was 30€ ( we payed by Revolut visa so it was 33€, unfortunately we hadn’t got enough cash)
She is a very friendly vet and easy parking outside.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
She must do at 33€. Ours was 11€, so she is clever enough to workout there is a good market for PPs.

We got advised by the lady at eurotunnel yesterday that we should get our Rabies booster soon, and to make sure we do it in Europe NOT the uk.

Melissa

Free Member
Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hi all, we need to get a 3 yr rabies vaccine booster for our two dogs. I understand their EU pet passport issued in GB will become invalid when their vaccines expire in early May. From reading your helpful posts it seems I need a French vet to issue us EU French passports and administer a 3 yrs rabies booster and document this in their new passport. This will then negate the need for AHC for 3 years.
My concern from your posts is that some vets may require an I-cad and proof of address and 3 months residency, which we can’t prove.
Has anyone seen a French vet recently who was able to provide the vaccine and passports without any hassle? If so I’d be so grateful for their information as I need to schedule this in the next couple weeks. Thank you in advance!!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all, we need to get a 3 yr rabies vaccine booster for our two dogs. I understand their EU pet passport issued in GB will become invalid when their vaccines expire in early May. From reading your helpful posts it seems I need a French vet to issue us EU French passports and administer a 3 yrs rabies booster and document this in their new passport. This will then negate the need for AHC for 3 years.
My concern from your posts is that some vets may require an I-cad and proof of address and 3 months residency, which we can’t prove.
Has anyone seen a French vet recently who was able to provide the vaccine and passports without any hassle? If so I’d be so grateful for their information as I need to schedule this in the next couple weeks. Thank you in advance!!
We went into Belgium to get our dogs eupp.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Melissa. Your GB-issued Pet Passports are already invalid and you will therefore need an AHC to enter France. Once in France you can obtain an EU Pet Passport for your dogs, although this is becoming more difficult with various interpretations by French vets as to what they can or can’t do.

As per my post in the following thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...latest-information.258317/page-4#post-4972995 , I have started to keep a list of French vets who are known to have issued Pet Passports to Brits in the past month. This list currently includes 6 vets in France - 3 with full details, 3 with just the name of the town/village in which the vet is located. I do not know whether they administer 1 or 3 year rabies vaccines - some may even transfer over rabies vaccine info from your AHC. This is something you would need to ask them for yourself.

I am only prepared to provide this list to subscribing members of MotorhomeFun so if you wish to join as a paid-up member I will happily PM the list to you. The list is based on posts from Facebook groups, so if you do not wish to pay the MHF subscription then the information can be found there albeit with a lot of trawling.

Good luck with your travels. :Smile:

PG

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter
We are going outside of the UK for 5 months so by that time the AHC issued will be out of date.
We are hoping to get EU passports so this becomes a non issue BUT if we don't succeed in this does anyone have experience of getting a GB health certificate in Europe to return to the UK (which Defra have said we would need to do).

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
We are going outside of the UK for 5 months so by that time the AHC issued will be out of date.
We are hoping to get EU passports so this becomes a non issue BUT if we don't succeed in this does anyone have experience of getting a GB health certificate in Europe to return to the UK (which Defra have said we would need to do).

There are numerous vets in Spain (and elsewhere) who will supply a pet passport. You can see who on this thread (have a read). It’s easy and cheap and compared to trying to get an AHC in Europe, which sounds like a nightmare, definitely the easy option….

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
We used:-

Christian Marks
Saarallee 14
D- 54470 Bernkastel-Kues

18 Euro, including issue of passport, transfer of previous vaccination and 3 years Versiguard booster.

He did require an address "in the European Union" not necessarily Germany.

Cheers
Red.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We used:-

Christian Marks
Saarallee 14
D- 54470 Bernkastel-Kues

18 Euro, including issue of passport, transfer of previous vaccination and 3 years Versiguard booster.

He did require an address "in the European Union" not necessarily Germany.

Cheers
Red.
My favourite vet. Cheapest I know for worming as well. He has a sense of humour second to none.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
We are currently heading for Calais after nearly four weeks in Germany and having read a number of replies to threads mentioning Dr Christian Marks we diverted by Bernkastel-Kues this morning. Now he is a character alright but I was a little taken back by his attitude.
He acted as though he had never seen an AHC before and kept asking us where he should fill in the worming tablet details. Throughout he was pleasant and his jokes were funny, but not for the easily offended (which we are not).
His attitude toward the PP was why do you want a German one. We had an address in 🇪🇸 which he was reluctant to do, “I don’t want to get into trouble with the authorities”.
In the end he did everything but acted as though he had never done this before. It was almost like an act, but there was no one there in the surgery to witness it other than us. We arrived at 0830 and were clearly his first patients and there was no one waiting when we left.
He wrote on the AHC, “the animal is fit to travel and return to the islands of the Queen”, I am assuming this wasn’t necessary or usual.
I have been through both the AHC and PP and to my innocent eye they appear ok, but I am left a little nervous now. I honestly think we didn’t upset him, he was very friendly and cheerful throughout but decidedly odd.
The total charge was €60.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back