European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (2 Viewers)

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
We paid €57 to get the “Return to the UK” tablets done for our two dogs at a vets in Evreux, data entered into our Pt Pet Passports. We could have saved ourselves about €30 if we had had the right tablet with us!

vets was

Off the N154 going north from Tours to Rouen (one of the non toll routes back to Calais from the south)
I've thought about doing that. What tablets do they give dogs & where can you buy them over the counter in France?

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I've thought about doing that. What tablets do they give dogs & where can you buy them over the counter in France?
We had Nexgard Spectrum with us (which is a combined worm flea and tick treatment) The vet was unsure if it covered one of the worms required by the UK so he gave as a Milbemax as he knew that to be correct. In the past we used to take Milbemax with us and there was no issue. (NB - not all vets allow you to use your own tablets, some insist you use theirs)

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
San Anton vets in La marina urb last week 37€ wouldn't accept existing rabies so new one year jab. Three year booster next year. Means we will have to return sooner :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
The key ingredient that must be in the tablet is Praziquantel.
The government website says
  • contain praziquantel or an equivalent proven to be effective against the Echinococcus multilocularis tapeworm
The Milbemax we used is acceptable but doesn’t contain praziquantel. This has also confirmed that the Nexgard we took with us would not have been suitable as it isn’t effective against tapeworm.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can buy them from on-line pet shops much cheaper but then you end up paying postage so make sure it's worth your while by getting a few, we buy the Drontal 'Tasty Bone' ones which dogs are supposed to eat without a problem ... yeah ... never had a dog yet that'd actually eat one!

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Probably bit late with this but we got a pet passport from vets in Bruges, around 17 th January 23 was able to park virtually outside in a quiet residential road,
She spoke very good English, 3 year rabies jab to get the passport.
We had our own worming tablets with us which we gave to our dog in her presence and the jab with the passport was approx 35 euros from memory. As for address she put down her vets address in the passport and used it on return journey ( via channel tunnel )with no problems

65A1FC85-2482-43CA-8811-68349003D4EE.jpeg

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000

This is the vet shown on the map as near Lidl. Took our own worming pill there. They were very helpful and spoke enough English for us. 34 Euros. Parking in their car park.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057586242433&sk=about_details

Cabinet Vétérinaire Arcalys​

14 avenue Jean Moulin, Châteaubriant, France, 44110
  • +33 2 40 28 14 73
Was that just for the worming table or for pet passport?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Super vets in Alvor €50 for the passport, vet copied the existing rabies jab across from AHC.

Reactions: maz
May 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since 2020
Probably bit late with this but we got a pet passport from vets in Bruges, around 17 th January 23 was able to park virtually outside in a quiet residential road,
We had our own worming tablets with us which we gave to our dog in her presence and the jab with the passport was approx 35 euros from memory. As for address she put down her vets address in the passport and used it on return journey ( via channel tunnel )with no problems

View attachment 739447
We used the above on the 19th May, excellent service. Pet Passport, Rabies booster , and worming tablet for return €80.

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
Got a pet passport from Lieve De Rycke in Bruges. March 2023.
Just returned to her for our trip home. Paid €47 for the tablets, two as dog over 25kg, consultation and the passport updated.
She also filled out the AHC which I don’t intend to use but just as a fallback.
As I said previously a wonderful person, speaks excellent English and you can park right outside her door.
Tomorrow evening will be the acid test!

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
We returned to England using the pet passport we got from Cristian Marks in Bernkastel last year, our first use of it (see #90). We went to a vet in St Omer, France for the worming tablet etc, selected because the vet is literally across the road from the Aire.
However he was surprised to see an EU pet passport issued in Germany to an address in Spain. He was unhappy and said the rules are that you can only get a PP in the country where you are resident. He asked how we had come by it, I said we were touring in Germany and decided to return to U.K. and got a PP there. He then said he would fill the details of the worming tablet in and inspect the dog etc but he wanted to warn us we might find difficulties at customs.

I was quite concerned at first but by the time id got to Pet Reception two days later I was confident we were in order.
We returned by the Tunnel without any difficulty.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I think some of the EU vets have twigged this as a nice earner. We had ours from Christine Jaucot. Very pleasant and efficient but €250 for two dogs including 3 year boosters. I suspect blabbermouth Swmbo hadnt helped by telling her how much the UK vets were charging for AHC.
Lovely lady and we have visited her a few times since we got our 2 Jacks passports from her.
We now use the vet in Brugge as they are a better price plus we stay in Brugge for a few days before returning home😁😁

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
Got a pet passport from Lieve De Rycke in Bruges. March 2023.
Just returned to her for our trip home. Paid €47 for the tablets, two as dog over 25kg, consultation and the passport updated.
She also filled out the AHC which I don’t intend to use but just as a fallback.
As I said previously a wonderful person, speaks excellent English and you can park right outside her door.
Tomorrow evening will be the acid test!
Pleased to report that no problems at Tunnel, just took passport not AHC.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Lovely lady and we have visited her a few times since we got our 2 Jacks passports from her.
We now use the vet in Brugge as they are a better price plus we stay in Brugge for a few days before returning home😁😁
Booked for a visit in September, 3 passports here we come

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010

passport no problem May 17th
lovely people and as it says Calm for our skittish collie

Eloceo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690
Exp
3 years
Added here as might be more relevant to this thread for newbies.
Just to note the following. We've just returned from 2 months overseas and have a French PP with appropriate worming completed in Croatia (€43). However for the first time since its issue in mid 2021 (and used multiple times) we had a awkward confrontation with DFDS lady at the gate at Dunkirk. She insisted that we show the previous UK PP. Her objections/query being that although the French vet had copied over the Rabies injection from early 2021 and signed/dated and stamped the entry (and we'd used it multiple times since, with DFDS and P&O), she refused to accept its validity. Luckily we do carry the UK version and was able to comply with her request (valid or not). Whatever the merits of her request and on what advice she has been given it still makes life more stressful than it needs to be (and of course, if we hadn't complied, it would have been a missed ferry, a trip to a local vet, a new vaccination and another ferry cost).
NB we chose not to get a new Rabies at the original French issue as it had only been 3 months since the UK injection. However we will get one done when we travel back in September.

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp

View attachment 739447
Hi Buzz1, do you have the name and address of the vet you used please.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Any vet willing to provide euro passport in either Charente-Maritime or Saumur

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
I contacted the vet at Deauville and they say They cannot issue a EU Passport, so don’t know how someone managed to get it.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
It was me!
I sent an email
They responded Bien very casual about appointment time “Sometime in the morning”
It was obvious they’d issued many before
Lovely vet- his Paractice called “calm” and he was- very calm with my skittish dog

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back