European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2011
west sussex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
10 year
We obtained one from Spratts animal hospital Mitchlestown Co Cork Ireland 40 Euro no,need for new rabies injection, information entered into irish pet passport along with photo advised to carry old uk one to show original entry if required.
why does our animal health certificate cost so much ?

Attachments

• 090D290A-F009-4BAE-99E8-DA8B24FF7AF9.png
    090D290A-F009-4BAE-99E8-DA8B24FF7AF9.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 0A59D4F1-0D2E-4463-922C-E1687D55EF2F.png
    0A59D4F1-0D2E-4463-922C-E1687D55EF2F.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 37

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Have you used it yet? We have a French one with a new booster. Apparently Eurotunnel are now refusing EU passports that don’t have an administered vaccine in ie won’t accept anything transcribed or referring to old UK PP. They were, but have now tightened up.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Have you used it yet? We have a French one with a new booster. Apparently Eurotunnel are now refusing EU passports that don’t have an administered vaccine in ie won’t accept anything transcribed or referring to old UK PP. They were, but have now tightened up.
This could be major news. Any idea where it came from?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
There is a FB page called ‘Animal Health Certificates’, it’s an excellent resource both listing vets in UK & EU for PP. plus full details & links on how to correctly complete AHC as so many vets are making mistakes that are still resulting in people being refused boarding at ports. Some have now also been turned away at Eurotunnel for transcribed vaccinations. The staff have explained to them the rule tightening.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
There is a FB page called ‘Animal Health Certificates’, it’s an excellent resource both listing vets in UK & EU for PP. plus full details & links on how to correctly complete AHC as so many vets are making mistakes that are still resulting in people being refused boarding at ports. Some have now also been turned away at Eurotunnel for transcribed vaccinations. The staff have explained to them the rule tightening.
Please be wary of that Facebook page - there is an awful lot of b*ll*x posted on it, especially by one Bruce Dowding but others as well. While there is certainly some useful info on it posted by those who have actually obtained pet passports, this tends to get swamped by hysterical misinterpretations. As far as I can ascertain, those problems with pet passports with transferred vaccinations have generally been caused by the vet in question not following the correct procedure for transferring the vaccination info, particularly with respect to date of microchip reading or implantation.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I struggle to believe that Eurotunnel were allowing use of something that wasn‘t correct to be used, and just didn’t bother to apply the rules. It’s either right or wrong.

Will find out on Wednesday how we get on with our new EU PP. we aren’t playing it safe by getting a AHC just incase, we are just going for it.

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Please be wary of that Facebook page - there is an awful lot of b*ll*x posted on it, especially by one Bruce Dowding but others as well. While there is certainly some useful info on it posted by those who have actually obtained pet passports, this tends to get swamped by hysterical misinterpretations. As far as I can ascertain, those problems with pet passports with transferred vaccinations have generally been caused by the vet in question not following the correct procedure for transferring the vaccination info, particularly with respect to date of microchip reading or implantation.
I agree there is some hysteria & some bizarre scaremongering stories from a few, particularly the individual you state (I ignore everything written by him!). I found obtaining the French PP simple, quick & cheap. I’ve listed the vet I used earlier in the thread. I have written to DEFRA for clarity regarding the transferring of previous vaccinations into a new EU passport. I’ll post their reply when I hear anything.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I agree there is some hysteria & some bizarre scaremongering stories from a few, particularly the individual you state (I ignore everything written by him!). I found obtaining the French PP simple, quick & cheap. I’ve listed the vet I used earlier in the thread. I have written to DEFRA for clarity regarding the transferring of previous vaccinations into a new EU passport. I’ll post their reply when I hear anything.
I don't think DEFRA is a problem, as far as they are concerned nothing has changed. Worming via a vet, documented in an approved manner, and an up to date UK issued pet passport for re entry to the UK OR an AHC OR a current EU passport. Discrepancies may occur entering the EU, since the way I understand it apart from EU rules and regulations, individual countries are allowed to add or modify the rules themselves, although that discretion MAY only apply to the issuing of passports rather than pet entry into the Schengen area.
(I'm still nervous maz)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I don't think DEFRA is a problem, as far as they are concerned nothing has changed. Worming via a vet, documented in an approved manner, and an up to date UK issued pet passport for re entry to the UK OR an AHC OR a current EU passport. Discrepancies may occur entering the EU, since the way I understand it apart from EU rules and regulations, individual countries are allowed to add or modify the rules themselves, although that discretion MAY only apply to the issuing of passports rather than pet entry into the Schengen area.
(I'm still nervous maz)
Provided that the EU pet passport has been completed properly by the vet that issued it there should be no problem whatsoever in re-entering the EU. The best advice I can give to anyone planning on obtaining an EU pet passport is to make yourself fully aware of how that passport should be completed, and check it thoroughly yourself before leaving the vet’s clinic.

The booklet ‘How to Complete Pet Passports’ issued by APHA when we were still members of the EU is a very useful document, and explains clearly what to look out for.

Attachments

• How to Complete Pet Passports.pdf
    679.2 KB · Views: 122

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Interesting that it states that a permanent address is not a requirement for issue of a PP & yet the French vets are insisting on a French address & some are wanting proof of residency & that the dogs stay has been at least 90 days. If this document shows the rules agreed by every member state that was part of the scheme it seems mighty odd that the French can declare different rules for issuing 🤔

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Interesting that it states that a permanent address is not a requirement for issue of a PP & yet the French vets are insisting on a French address & some are wanting proof of residency & that the dogs stay has been at least 90 days. If this document shows the rules agreed by every member state that was part of the scheme it seems mighty odd that the French can declare different rules for issuing 🤔
The French seem to be tying in I-cad registration to the issuing of pet passports. In order to be I-cad registered your dog (supposedly) needs to be in France for over 3 months and have a French address. The i-cad register was introduced back in 2012 in order to provide a national database of French dogs. If your dog was in France for over 3 months it had to be on the i-cad register (possibly as a legal requirement?), which makes sense so that lost dogs could be reunited with their owners. For dogs staying in France for less than 3 months, I-cad registration was not necessary. For whatever reason, France now seems to be making I-cad registration a requirement for issuing a pet passport. It might be possible to contest this requirement with the EU (I have no idea and wouldn’t know where to start). To my way of thinking, it’s easier to just find a French vet who is still happy to issue a pet passport regardless of this directive - there seem to be a fair number of them - or obtain a pet passport in another EU country.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Came through pet control yesterday and had a lovely young girl dealing with our AHC, asked her about the pet passport as mine are booked in next month with a vet in Belgium a few days before we return.
She said they have had a few issues where the vet had not stamped the new passport properly so they are no good, same as what our vet who did the AHC form said.

When you come back ask pet control to check your new passport she said, fingers crossed we will be ok.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
With regard to the date of rabies jab preceding the date of passport issue, there shouldn't be a problem. What if an EU dog without a passport had a 3 year rabies jab from it's regular vet, and then it's owner decided to get a passport. He surely could use the vets records to use the existing rabies cover.

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
We got our passport from a French vet a couple of weeks ago in Jarnages, also in Chenerailles by Lawrence (lady), she speaks good English too. We brought our new pup over, so she copied the Rabies vaccine details over from the AHC. She did not stamp the Rabies bit because she did not administer it, but made a note it was copied across. She advised us to keep proof of the rabies jab (on her health card). We have a second home there, so she used our French address.

We're not come back yet to try it, will update if they refuse it at Eurotunnel.

Reactions: maz
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Fake news, direct from Facebook I expect

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks like there may be some issues:

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp

Ive just booked an appointment at a vet in Hesdin for a fortnights time- i will report back if there are any issues

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I've used Lulu's French PP both ways now, the existing UK chip number was used by ICad and the ID card was sent to the campsite. Just make sure the return vet records and stamps in 2 places the worming treatment and the fitness to travel (Pages 16 and 28 in mine). Plus of course the rabies details (page 8)

Reactions: maz
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Literally just come out of PP check in UK for the tunnel. Looked at our French PP and all good. We had rabies jab done at time of PP issue so dates match and stamped. Our dog isn’t registered on ICAD.

The two people of us were both refused. Unsure with one, but the other was a French man who had not had his latest rabies jab entered into his passport, and now has to go and get an AHC so he can travel home.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

I have just asked some questions in that thread as it is not at all clear where or how the ‘problem’ was encountered.

Jim lea

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
It’s not just France though, I’ve had the same answer re local address/proof of residency from some Belgium vets as well.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
It’s not just France though, I’ve had the same answer re local address/proof of residency from some Belgium vets as well.
As in my post #42 above, but substitute Belgium/Belgian for France/French, DogID register for I-cad register and 6 months for 3 months.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Just returned from France.

The AHC was a challenge! Our vet had made a few errors so had to do it again! It's a good job I had a thorough check :cool: and the second version got us in with no problems. £225 for 2 dogs :mad:

We had arranged an appointment with the French vet at Laon recommended by maz -

Clinique Vétérinaire des Épinettes, 118 Avenue Pierre Mendès, Laon, France. Tél. 03 23 23 37 47​

Two shiny new French passports issued - both dogs had Rabisin boosters with 3 year validity, UK address with no ICAD registration. 80 euros total

We went to the Vets at Buchy for the return worming -

Clinique Vétérinaire des Cateliers - Seren'vet, ZA Cateliers, 76750 Buchy. Tel. 02 35 34 40 06

Asked the vet to complete the new passports and also the AHC (just in case). 22 euros total for 2 dogs with own tablets. Definitely a keeper!

At the tunnel we just presented the new passports and sailed through with no problems - they didn't even ask to see the old passports to check rabies continuity.
Thanks to everyone on this forum for all of the advice and pearls of wisdom - everything went according to plan :thanks3:

Pops2014

Free Member
Feb 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
NewSeaLife
Just joined the Forum, read through most of the threads. Very helpful info regarding PP.

In Oct 2021 we we were issued an Italian pet passport for our dog Poppy. We came home to the UK via Eurotunnel using this passport no problem. We are now planning our next trip in May, but have never used the euro passport for an outward trip (Folkestone to Calais). We are UK residents with an Italian address as well. Are we likely to encounter any problems for this outward trip, if we use the Euro passport? Our concern is that the address in the dogs euro passport is the Italian address rather than our UK address. Has anyone used an European issued passport for the Folkestone to Calais route?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just joined the Forum, read through most of the threads. Very helpful info regarding PP.

In Oct 2021 we we were issued an Italian pet passport for our dog Poppy. We came home to the UK via Eurotunnel using this passport no problem. We are now planning our next trip in May, but have never used the euro passport for an outward trip (Folkestone to Calais). We are UK residents with an Italian address as well. Are we likely to encounter any problems for this outward trip, if we use the Euro passport? Our concern is that the address in the dogs euro passport is the Italian address rather than our UK address. Has anyone used an European issued passport for the Folkestone to Calais route?
Hi and welcome to the Fun! :welcome3:

Several Funsters have EU Pet Passports issued with a campsite address, usually in Spain or Portugal, and this has not caused any problems. Yours with an Italian address will be fine. :Smile:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

The passport is no problem as long as the rabies vaccinations & the others are still in date & that the italian passport has at no time had any details or vaccines added to it by a UK vet.that is not allowed.

Mar 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
This may help if you’re in the Brussels area.

In and out in 20 mins (today)

2 dogs, p/p and 3 yr rabies jab €95 all in

Hi Jim, I emailed Stephan and he said only if I have a Belgian address? Did you have one? Many thanks, Natalie

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We obtained a passport yesterday, with rabies info copied over, from

Dr FAUCET Christine
Rue Grande 255
Maisieres
Belgium
christine.faucet257@gmail.com
0477 64 08 57 - 065 84 84 60

1h 45min from Gravelines
1 of the ones maz asked via email, thank you.

BUT BUT BUT

They said that from the 1st May chip numbers must be registered in Belgium! They said, whilst looking at me, that they would enter my ‘old’ UK address in the passport and would leave me to enter my ‘new’ address inBelgium!!!!
It sounds similar to the new French requirement.
It seems to me that people may have more success getting a Pet Passport from smaller owner operated vets rather than larger group practice. La Mailleraye for example is part of a large multi branch practice, and whilst very helpful usually seem reluctant with this issue.

maz
My apologies, but I've just been trying to arrange a rabies jab and I've realised I posted a wrong name and email address. Her name is JAUCET not Faucet. Her website is
https://www.veterinairejaucot.be/
which has an English language option

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back