EU Pet passport.. latest information?? (2 Viewers)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Until recently nothing was required to leave the Uk with a eu passport. Now they check the chip in the dog. Why ,I have no idea? Something to make the scheme seem worth it like the need for the worming on return?
You have to remeber that the UK invented the forerunner of the pet passport ,the "pet travel scheme" as the Uk was basically the only country requiring quarantine upon entry . To leave nothing was required.
It's the EU who require the checking to be done as we are no longer one of the 'club' so come under different rules/regs. Unless the EU decide to change the way we are treated there new system will remain, nowt we can do about it.

As for the need for quarantine to enter the UK, that ensured we didn't have rabies issues from pets coming back to the UK, the introduction of the PP which required dogs to be vaccinated against rabies was the easier option - I'm quite happy that this was the situation before to prevent rabies levels as there are in other countries.

Although some pets still have to have to go into quarantine from non-EU countries or sometimes if the pet's paperwork etc is not correct it's a hell of a lot less that it would be otherwise.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just reurned from France on the Euro Tunnel with a new pet passport issued in Belguim no problems just like to thank rb62 for the advice of making sure she stamped and signed the rabies bit.
Please could you pm me the vet please. We are going over 17 October. Did you make appointment in advance.
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I think you've missed a couple of relevant points
  1. gerry mcg had presented his dog to the French vet, so the vet saw the dog, and could check the microchip. The only reason the pets passport wasn't completed at the time was because the French registration for the dog hadn't come back from the French authorities, thus the vet was going to wait for the registration detail before completing the PP for Gerry mcg to collect on his next visit.
  2. EU vets can use properly evidenced rabies vaccinations from UK vets as an entry for an EU Pets Passport. The rabies vaccine on an AHC can be used as the rabies vaccine to be entered in a PP by an EU vet.
  3. You can't just turn up with documentation and get an EU Pets Passport. The EU vet has to verify the microchip in the animal.
Yes, you summarised it well.
the french vet saw and carried out a health check on our dog / scanned chip etc and completed the AHC for return to the UK in the summer - as part of that, she was satisfied there was sufficient information for her to complete the iCAD paperwork, and as we have a French postal address (Mrs McG’s sister lives in France), she did so -
however she was unable to complete the passport without the iCAD registration no which in theory could take 4 weeks - 3 months to come back -(it was only 2 weeks in actuality) - but was happy that she could transfer and certify the dog’s UK administered rabies vaccination information and issue a french pet passport - she will complete this in January when we are back for skiing.

we will need to get rabies boosters done in the EU / FRA from now on to retain the validity of the new EU pet passport

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
has the fee gone up?
I was quoted in advance €50 for the PP by Dr Jaucot. However final fee in day was 119€ to include rabies jab ( she will not transfer from AHC) and in the end I don’t know how much was charged for each part. 18/10/22

Today paid 28€ for a much longer consultation to give my own worming tablet at vet in Buchy and she stamped both AHC and PP Vet today was very thorough with health check
Maybe get rabies done afterwards if you have the AHC to go back on or are staying longer than 30 days. Might be cheaper somewhere else ?

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
I paid €140 with Dr Jaucot in August this year. That was for a pet passport, rabies booster and medication for ear parasites which she found during her health check. Bit pricey I thought but far cheaper than buying repeat AHC. Her handwriting is poor and she did not laminate the rabies jab information (picked up and fixed by the German vet administering the tapeworm treatment) or the microchip information (picked up by Brittany Ferries at Portsmouth earlier this month and remedied by me with a pair of scissors and the remainder of the plastic self adhesive strip in the passport).

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I was quoted in advance €50 for the PP by Dr Jaucot. However final fee in day was 119€ to include rabies jab ( she will not transfer from AHC) and in the end I don’t know how much was charged for each part. 18/10/22

Today paid 28€ for a much longer consultation to give my own worming tablet at vet in Buchy and she stamped both AHC and PP Vet today was very thorough with health check
Maybe get rabies done afterwards if you have the AHC to go back on or are staying longer than 30 days. Might be cheaper somewhere else ?
I paid €140 with Dr Jaucot in August this year. That was for a pet passport, rabies booster and medication for ear parasites which she found during her health check. Bit pricey I thought but far cheaper than buying repeat AHC. Her handwriting is poor and she did not laminate the rabies jab information (picked up and fixed by the German vet administering the tapeworm treatment) or the microchip information (picked up by Brittany Ferries at Portsmouth earlier this month and remedied by me with a pair of scissors and the remainder of the plastic self adhesive strip in the passport).
We have visited Dr Jaucot about 5-6 times for the passports and worming and have found her getting more expensive, lovely lady and when one of our pups fell ill a few weeks back gave us an emergency appointment straight away and sorted her out😁

Im still not convinced dogs need a health check as part of the scheme, my boy dog just growls at her when he sees her and she says ‘he’s ok’😂😂

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Ours was from Dr Jaucot as well. €105 for two passports. She must make it up as she goes along. Returned to her for wormers were she found ear infection in one of the dogs. 🤔. our own tablets administered. €119 but I only had €115. But for cash, she was flexible. Expensive we know, but as said above, sooo much cheaper than another AHC at £135 for two. 👍🏻

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
She certainly knows how to charge and it’s worth checking her entry's. She cost us some panic, time, and money before. But we do understand that we can all make mistakes. I did make us learn to double check all in future and also always get receipt, pay by card, not cash.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
There is no need for a health check. The passport includes a section for it, but there is no requirement for it to be carried out prior to UK entry. So its an additional service offered/a money-making opportunity - delete as appropriate!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to update this, Petsworld now charge a €21 admin fee on top of the cost of the PP etc so to get one with a 3 year rabies jab will cost €51 now.

Mar 1, 2021
Guardamar del Segura, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Sonic 700i SL
Just to update this, Petsworld now charge a €21 admin fee on top of the cost of the PP etc so to get one with a 3 year rabies jab will cost €51 now.
We got one for my son last week at petsworld in La Zenia, Spain, health check, worming, 3 year rabies and passport €55, still cheaper as they paid £235 for their AHC from a vet near Southampton 🙈🙈

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
We got one for my son last week at petsworld in La Zenia, Spain, health check, worming, 3 year rabies and passport €55, still cheaper as they paid £235 for their AHC from a vet near Southampton 🙈🙈

TBH, it sounds like an absolute bargain to me compared with the rigmarole of AHC’s. I admit I paid only €30 for mine earlier this year at Petsworld and the dog won’t make it as far as needing another booster as she is 16 in a few months (I will be delighted to pay again if she does BTW 🤣)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Apart from getting our Bella sorted I'm trying to find alternative vets so people have a choice.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
TBH, it sounds like an absolute bargain to me compared with the rigmarole of AHC’s. I admit I paid only €30 for mine earlier this year at Petsworld and the dog won’t make it as far as needing another booster as she is 16 in a few months (I will be delighted to pay again if she does BTW 🤣)
Don't speak too soon... lol
My last wee Jack Russell lived to 21... died 6 weeks before his 22nd birthday (pictured here on his 21st birthday we were in Venice)
Screenshot_20210708-161649_Photos.jpg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Don't speak too soon... lol
My last wee Jack Russell lived to 21... died 6 weeks before his 22nd birthday (pictured here on his 21st birthday we were in Venice) View attachment 702182
Thought my 2 are doing well at coming up to 15.
Still as mad as a mad thing running around chasing things and fighting each other. 😂😂
FEC4C353-779F-4480-8464-094731972A1B.jpeg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Check him out here and the Gondoliers reaction!

What a loverly dog and a phenomenal age, even for a Jack Russell, known to be the longest living dogs I believe. ❤️

I keep putting my big boy pants on and have realistic expectation as to how long we have with her, but she keeps on plodding, albeit slower and slower through life. Cocker Spaniels don’t have much more than an 11 year life expectancy, so she’s doing well, considering how much energy she expended in her first ten years of life!

She’s loving the sun and beach in SE Spain again at the moment… 🤞

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Plenty of life left in them yet I'd say! 😉
Hopefull, been lucky with my girl one as she has a bit of heart trouble a couple of times since 6 months old and my boy has collapsed and passed out 3-4 times in the last 18 months, vet said to just keep an eye on him as it’s a bit of a heart murmur 🙁🙁

One thing is they love going away in the van😂😂

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
My wife's Sister lives in France, south of Paris.
The 🇫🇷 vet in Megeve in the French Alps that we use to worm our dog before returning to the 🇬🇧 in Megeve was shocked at the cost of the AHC & offered to register our dog on 🇫🇷 system as we could get the registration certificate sent to a French address ( my wife's Sister).
Once the dog is registered in France, the vet will be able to issue 🇫🇷🇪🇺 pet passport
Cost for registration was €50, and pet passport is €15,

The dog needed to have a physical examination, but she was happy to use the examination that she had to do when she administered the worming tablet and stamped the AHC as that, so no additional charge

the French dog registration certificate arrived in the post yesterday at my Sister in law French address (we were told it would take 3 months, but it has come though in just over 2 weeks) applied for on 23rd July)

We have to send a copy of that to the vet and she can issue 🇫🇷🇪🇺 pet passport 👍.
We will collection that in January in person when we are there ⛷️

The French vet is bilingual and fluent in English, she worked in the UK for 4 years and her husband is British
View attachment 649529
Sprocket’s 🇫🇷🇪🇺 pet passport was collected a couple of days ago from the vet in the alps, Rabies vaccination info copied over and countersigned, without having to bring 🐶over with us during the winter as we are ⛷️
AD394C72-D45D-4E02-8492-A6747CECE1D3.jpeg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Sprocket’s 🇫🇷🇪🇺 pet passport was collected a couple of days ago from the vet in the alps, Rabies vaccination info copied over and countersigned, without having to bring 🐶over with us during the winter as we are ⛷️View attachment 712593
Nice one ! You must be very persuasive or have something on the vet 🤭;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back