EU Pet passport.. latest information?? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To my knowledge a 3 year one is not legal in Spain.it is yearly .
AFAIK it depends where you are in Spain, the upper half vets seem to have 2 or 3 yearly ones:

1653237097726.png

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
To my knowledge a 3 year one is not legal in Spain.it is yearly .
As Minxy says, the 3-yearly boosters do seem to be available in the more northern parts of Spain. Also, again from Facebook (ye gods!) they are available at PetsWorld in La Zenia - lots of Facebookers have obtained pet passports from them apparently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner 😊
We’ve just been to the Buchy vet for wormer and it was 5.30€ because we didn’t need a health check.
He signed both Pippa’s new Belgium passport and the AHC just in case.
Hello, could I ask if the vet signed and stamped the rabies information in the passport?

Having obtained EU passports for my two on a recent trip, I’m now doubting if they will meet the criteria for getting back into the EU.

The vet transferred all the rabies info and signed but did not stamp, so I’m unsure if this will pass muster with those that check!
C44BB131-6F50-4E50-B000-1DEDE891CBB1.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes the passport we got is stamped.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Definitely 3yr available from La Zenia, we got one. (For our dog I'd better add.)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hello, could I ask if the vet signed and stamped the rabies information in the passport?

Having obtained EU passports for my two on a recent trip, I’m now doubting if they will meet the criteria for getting back into the EU.

The vet transferred all the rabies info and signed but did not stamp, so I’m unsure if this will pass muster with those that check!
View attachment 621552
At the foot of the page you can see an asterisk with ‘At least name, address, telephone number and signature’. All of this has to be squeezed into that little box in the right hand column of the page, which is why most vets will use a stamp.

In the ‘How to complete Pet Passports’ booklet it also mentions an SP number but this is maybe optional?

C8176C6C-668D-4DE3-82D0-7C13B2D18109.png

4C43EAD6-9C57-4589-A608-F62DA8AD66D9.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Warning
Just tried to use dogs new eupp and failed.
When we got it in Belgium the vet copied Rabies off AHC which was done in November 21 but she did the chip date for when she did the passport which was April 22.
Luckily we had re AHC signed for worming just in case.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Do you think that will be the case with your next trip abroad? Perhaps you could get a new rabbies jab done next time abroad. Good luck.

Reactions: maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Warning
When we got it in Belgium the vet copied Rabies off AHC which was done in November 21 but she did the chip date for when she did the passport which was April 22.
Unfortunately this is a common error in pet passports issued by transferring over rabies vaccination details. :(

For transferred details the date must be that of microchip implantation.

We’re back to the ‘How to Complete Pet Passports’ booklet again.

C57E8F80-B0EB-4F28-A913-76CCA5DC97E3.jpeg

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Do you think that will be the case with your next trip abroad? Perhaps you could get a new rabbies jab done next time abroad. Good luck.
Think that is the only way to make this pet passport valid again.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
For info I have uploaded the entire ‘How to Complete Pet Passports’ booklet.

Attachments

• How to Complete Pet Passports.pdf
    679.2 KB · Views: 36
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes that what we will have to do, but will have use a AHC to get out of uk🙁

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Warning
Will check ours as it’s the same vet but when we came over 12 days ago we sailed straight through the tunnel pet control!
Might be the lady never noticed so had best check.
We are back to the vets in a few weeks for worming tablets so if need be will have her do them again.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Will check ours as it’s the same vet but when we came over 12 days ago we sailed straight through the tunnel pet control!
Might be the lady never noticed so had best check.
We are back to the vets in a few weeks for worming tablets so if need be will have her do them again.
When you got yours did she do rabies or transfer , that where our trouble has come from.
Hopefully she does 3 year rabies jab.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes that what we will have to do, but will have use a AHC to get out of uk🙁
Why not contact the vet and ask her to send you a new passport with the correct info in it especially since it was her error, gotta be cheaper than an AHC!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Why not contact the vet and ask her to send you a new passport with the correct info in it especially since it was her error, gotta be cheaper than an AHC!
I have , I’m waiting reply but it bank holiday so probably have wait.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
She just did transfer the rabies over and put the date we had the jabs in the UK. The date of the transponder check was same as the rabies date.
I’m not at all sure that she should have written the date that the rabies vaccination was given in the UK as the chip read or implanted date. She also has not crossed out one of the options, so it is unclear which it is supposed to be. Is that page even laminated? I can’t tell from the photo.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Yours is ok, on ours the first photo (rabies)is 22/11/21 and in the second photo( chip) it’s 08/04/22
That’s good then.
We are back with her on the 8th June day before we return so if you want me to collect a new one and then post it let me know, she is very helpful so cannot see there being any problems with her issuing a new one.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I’m not at all sure that she should have written the date that the rabies vaccination was given in the UK as the chip read or implanted date. She also has not crossed out one of the options, so it is unclear which it is supposed to be. Is that page even laminated? I can’t tell from the photo.
Did notice the bit about crossing out so will do that.
No not laminated although we do have a bit of laminate for a page so that may be what it’s for?
Will get out my Pritstick😁

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
No not laminated although we do have a bit of laminate for a page so that may be what it’s for?
Hold on a minute before you cross anything out!! I will explain why but it will take time to write what I want to say …..

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
If 21/9/21 is taken as the chip read date, then it would be ok if the vaccine is assumed to have been given on the same day by the Belgian vet. I believe that Nobivac is a vaccine brand used in Belgium and that it has a 3-year duration there, so it would probably not get picked up that it wasn’t. However, the ‘valid from’ date is the same as the ‘vaccination date’, which means there must have been a valid previous rabies vaccination otherwise there would have to have been a 21-day waiting period. This might cause a problem if Eurotunnel or whoever ask to see proof of vaccine continuity. Hopefully not, but it is something to be aware of.

If 21/9/21 is taken as the chip implantation date, then there should definitely have been a 21-day waiting period entered in the ‘valid from’ section as it would have been an initial vaccination.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
If 21/9/21 is taken as the chip read date, then it would be ok if the vaccine is assumed to have been given on the same day by the Belgian vet. I believe that Nobivac is a vaccine brand used in Belgium and that it has a 3-year duration there, so it would probably not get picked up that it wasn’t. However, the ‘valid from’ date is the same as the ‘vaccination date’, which means there must have been a valid previous rabies vaccination otherwise there would have to have been a 21-day waiting period. This might cause a problem if Eurotunnel or whoever ask to see proof of vaccine continuity. Hopefully not, but it is something to be aware of.

If 21/9/21 is taken as the chip implantation date, then there should definitely have been a 21-day waiting period entered in the ‘valid from’ section as it would have been an initial vaccination.
The chips were installed in 2010 and I do have the certificates with me.
We have come through ok from the UK and will have the worming done before we return.
Will have to see how it goes at Calais next month, when we returned last year after going to the vet I gave them to the French chap at pet control to look at and he said all ok so hopefully same this time.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So can you not get one from your UK vet's any more don't know that's why I am asking.
Bill

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Microchip detail page must be laminated.
If rabies vax sticker only (no handwritten detail) is used entry must be laminated. On the Irish one I got there was a full page laminate opposite microchip page to be applied to page (mandatory). There were also small laminate sections at end of passport to be cut out and applied to rabies field.
tk

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Microchip detail page must be laminated.
Correct
If rabies vax sticker only (no handwritten detail) is used entry must be laminated. On the Irish one I got there was a full page laminate opposite microchip page to be applied to page (mandatory). There were also small laminate sections at end of passport to be cut out and applied to rabies field.
tk
The bits of 'laminate' are at the back of the passport specifically so that when the rabies vac product info is entered (left side) it can be covered to prevent tampering, the vet didn't do this on one of our PPs so I went back and he simply took a bit of laminate from the back (already pre-cut) and stuck it over ... if I'd have realised the stuff was at the back I could've done it myself. :giggle: There's enough of these little pieces of laminate for the number of rabies entries in the passport.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back