Didn't take much to impress me today - Metro Bank (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With N & P closing their current accounts I needed another account with good exchange rates for using abroad.

So off to Brighton to the Metro Bank. Walk in the door and I am greeted buy a young man asking how he can help and would I like a cup of tea or coffee that was impressive for bank.

Walked out ½ hour later with account set up, debit card, & app set up on phone and the coffee was good.

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
With N & P closing their current accounts I needed another account with good exchange rates for using abroad.

So off to Brighton to the Metro Bank. Walk in the door and I am greeted buy a young man asking how he can help and would I like a cup of tea or coffee that was impressive for bank.

Walked out ½ hour later with account set up, debit card, & app set up on phone and the coffee was good.
No cake ?

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
No wonder they're picking up customers at an impressive rate

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

And so is their ongoing service .Have had an account with them for a while now and not had any problems.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Screenshot_20170818-152111.png
just found this as well.
Who are metro bank?

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I do remember seeing a dog bowl in there didn't click at the time, sometimes you forget how anti dogs the UK is compared to France. Good one Metro.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Personly can't stand this swarmy new bank thing, lloyds in uttoxeter has started having these people loitering, asking if you have a card and stuff when all you want to do is pay a cheque in to the girl behind the counter, but these people keep on you can put it in the machine yourself if you don't want to queue, but if they got behind the counter instead of hovering about it would be done twice as quick.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Personly can't stand this swarmy new bank thing, lloyds in uttoxeter has started having these people loitering, asking if you have a card and stuff when all you want to do is pay a cheque in to the girl behind the counter, but these people keep on you can put it in the machine yourself if you don't want to queue, but if they got behind the counter instead of hovering about it would be done twice as quick.
No everyone wants to be sold to!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Their branches seem to cater solely for Southeners, but then again I guess thats where all the 'brass' is. :rofl:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Banks are a necessary evil

Yes, and I shall continue to write cheques and withdraw cash to teach them how to do proper retail banking.

They sometimes forget that they are the debtor and I am the creditor in this relationship.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Agree about the greeters who do little. But I like paying cheques in at the machine, used to be a bit wary when you just popped them in an envelop, but now it gives you a chance to check the amounts and a scanned image of each cheque on the receipt. Easier than queuing up(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Agree about the greeters who do little. But I like paying cheques in at the machine, used to be a bit wary when you just popped them in an envelop, but now it gives you a chance to check the amounts and a scanned image of each cheque on the receipt. Easier than queuing up(y)
It wouldnt worry me putting it in the machine, but I like to have a word with the women I have been dealing with for donkeys years, and they don't realise when they have persuaded every one to do it themselves they are going to be out of a job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back