Anyone got recommendations for 1. folding chairs and 2. BBQ? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
I know the OP has set their heart on a gas bbq, but after years and years of gas bbqs, here’s a punt for charcoal. We have one similar to this:

It folds completely flat for storage, gives a good cooking area (we’ve cooked for 6) and if you use self-lighting lumpwood charcoal it’s a doddle. Light the bag and it’s ready in about 15 mins. Magic.

As it’s a charcoal bbq, you can take it wherever you want to cook. Walk to the beach for a sundowner meal, perch it on a harbour wall, etc.

I knew someone would be on the charcoal train :) Not interested in charcoal in the least as for me there's simply no advantage whatsover.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
As an update thanks to everyone it's certainly made me think! I thought the Cadac was expensive until the Weber popped up and had come round to the idea that it may be worth it, one problem though looking at the dimensions of the weber it looks like its over 60cm tall and that wont fit in the underbed storage from outside :-/ Looks like it's gonna have to be a cadac

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
As an update thanks to everyone it's certainly made me think! I thought the Cadac was expensive until the Weber popped up and had come round to the idea that it may be worth it, one problem though looking at the dimensions of the weber it looks like its over 60cm tall and that wont fit in the underbed storage from outside :-/ Looks like it's gonna have to be a cadac
I hired a motorhome last year and had the same problem. The lid it detachable with no fuss whatsoever (couple of R clips), so I did that, slid the main body of the Weber in and laid the lid in a position it would fit. I also use BBQ mats with it, which saves on the cleaning and stops the BBQ getting manky.

The Weber is a worthwhile investment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
I hired a motorhome last year and had the same problem. The lid it detachable with no fuss whatsoever (couple of R clips), so I did that, slid the main body of the Weber in and laid the lid in a position it would fit. I also use BBQ mats with it, which saves on the cleaning and stops the BBQ getting manky.

The Weber is a worthwhile investment.
Ahhh ok back on my options then! As for BBQ mats what are they? Never heard of them?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ahhh ok back on my options then! As for BBQ mats what are they? Never heard of them?
They are Teflon nonstick mats and the fat and cooking juices just fall off them when you come to clean them.
I bought ours on a roll off of Amazon and cut to suit the size of our BBQ plates and oven trays.

Amazon product ASIN B07YCPGP63

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Ahhh I get it now, but does that not really just turn it into a griddle type bbq like the cadac from a cooking perspective? Not a criticism, just trying to make the right decision first time

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Ahhh I get it now, but does that not really just turn it into a griddle type bbq like the cadac from a cooking perspective? Not a criticism, just trying to make the right decision first time

We use a Cadac and the mats transfer the same amount of heat through as if the food was on the griddle plate and the food cooks in the fat and juices just the same, but boy, do they make cleaning up a doddle.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The Q1200 is about 40cm high when fully assembled with the lid on, just measured mine.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
We have the Cadac Carri Chef (The large one with 3 legs) as we often go camping with the kids and grandkids. I can cook a full breakfast including scrambled eggs, baked beans (both in foil trays) plus all the usual bacon, sausage etc for 8 people. It also comes with a wok and the kids favourite a pizza pan, so we don't real use anything else to cook with. We have Lafuma chairs but what ever you buy I would recommend a bar across the bottom rather than the 4 feet to avoid sinking in damp grass.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We have the Cadac Carri Chef (The large one with 3 legs) as we often go camping with the kids and grandkids. I can cook a full breakfast including scrambled eggs, baked beans (both in foil trays) plus all the usual bacon, sausage etc for 8 people. It also comes with a wok and the kids favourite a pizza pan, so we don't real use anything else to cook with. We have Lafuma chairs but what ever you buy I would recommend a bar across the bottom rather than the 4 feet to avoid sinking in damp grass.
Baked beans just use the tin can to heat up saves extra recycling

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I have a couple of Isabella's and have had two broken arms..How now reinforced them with metal plates.Would not buy them again..BUSBY.
How did you break your arms, did you fall off the chairs?

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
To that end we've today tried the Outwell grand canyon

Then of course BBQ's.
We've got 2 Outwell Banff chairs (Predecessor to the Grand Canyon) really pleased with them. Good to lounge in and high enough to use at dinner time with the vans table. Had a look at the GC's last week as Mr Mouse has had a go at the front edge of one while we had them stored in the shed over winter.

Also got a Cadac Safari Chef. Had it about 10 years now. Big enough for the two of us not had any problems to date

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
How about these for chairs!! You’ll cough at the price. I did.

Blummin expensive camping chair!!
Oh My God Reaction GIF

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Where you based, selling 2 Isabella with leg rests if your interested.
Too big to post

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Cadac safari chef is on offer at Go Outdoors. £99 if you have a Go Outdoors card. We find ours good enough for 2 people, bit of a pain to clean though.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Cadac safari chef is on offer at Go Outdoors. £99 if you have a Go Outdoors card. We find ours good enough for 2 people, bit of a pain to clean though.
Yeah they've knocked a fiver off it, I still can't quite decide I have to admit and am waiting for any bank holiday sales weekend after next to see if that sways me :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are a few threads about BBQs, some of the more recent here which may give you ideas as to what's available:

Oct 24, 2020
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana 65ET
Exp
Since 2012
We have chairs from Crespo Comfort and they are brilliant!! Light weight and very comfortable. I like it that we can sit at the table and eat in a more upright position and then can recline the backrest for relaxing. The are expensive at about 170 pounds each but have been worth every penny. We had bought other makes such as Isabella in the past but these are definitely the best for us. We also use the Cadac Carri Chef 2 Gourmet. It is very versatile as we can BBQ,cook a paella or stir fry, as well as make pizza. If you are looking for a camping table you should look at the ones from Crespo - very light weight, super sturdy and heat resistant.

Have fun kitting out our your new motorhome :smiley:

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Hi

iandsm on here has chairs for sale

I have a weber q1000 with a cadac quick release adapter on one end of the bbq hose and pigtail on the other end so I can run it off the gas from the MH

Use a Teflon sheet on the bbq to keep it clean and it fits under the MH with no smells or problems

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Has anyone tried a Plancha? I noticed when I was in Australia that there were BBQ's provided by the council at many beaches and public parks, they all had a flat plate to cook on rather then bars like a normal BBQ. There are gas ones available on Amazon so just wondering if anyone's tried them.

Amazon product ASIN B07Q4T794T

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Hi

iandsm on here has chairs for sale

I have a weber q1000 with a cadac quick release adapter on one end of the bbq hose and pigtail on the other end so I can run it off the gas from the MH

Use a Teflon sheet on the bbq to keep it clean and it fits under the MH with no smells or problems
Aye already seen the chairs but fairly sure we are gonna get the Outwells as we've tried them again yesterday and the mrs seems to be quite taken by them.

Does the cadac quick release adapter fit the weber then? No problem with it? I've actually just bought the q1200 today locally and need to sort this as my next step

On the teflon sheet, I'm undecided on this as I've seen this mentioned elsewhere but it seems odd to put one on a grill, do you have any problems with it at all?

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Decided to do an unboxing video for my youtube channel :)

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Aye already seen the chairs but fairly sure we are gonna get the Outwells as we've tried them again yesterday and the mrs seems to be quite taken by them.

Does the cadac quick release adapter fit the weber then? No problem with it? I've actually just bought the q1200 today locally and need to sort this as my next step

On the teflon sheet, I'm undecided on this as I've seen this mentioned elsewhere but it seems odd to put one on a grill, do you have any problems with it at all?
Yes

They fit all webers but this is a better set as they provide other connectors which fitted my other bbq from Costco

Amazon product ASIN B07P5P6GVH
The Teflon sheets are in my grill pan, base of the grill, base of the oven, base of the drip tray on the bbq and I use one on the grill if I cant be bothered to clean it

I did get the weber Q1000 with a gas bottle on a second hand site for £105

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Has anyone tried a Plancha? I noticed when I was in Australia that there were BBQ's provided by the council at many beaches and public parks, they all had a flat plate to cook on rather then bars like a normal BBQ. There are gas ones available on Amazon so just wondering if anyone's tried them.

Amazon product ASIN B07Q4T794T
I use a paella burner with a plancha on it…ribbed side or flat, works a treat. Also you can use the burner for a paella as a well!

Flying Fifer

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Lunar H622
Exp
2014 (camper/ caravanner since 1990's)
Dundalk chairs & footrest are worth getting too. All lightweight & very comfy

Join us or log in to post a reply.