Anyone got recommendations for 1. folding chairs and 2. BBQ? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
So, we'll be getting the new motorhome in a few weeks and have a week off right after so the planning begins!!
We'll be using as much from our house as possible initially until we see what we NEED as opposed to what we think we need ie bedding, cutlery, etc etc etc.

But... we want some decent comfy and light seats for sitting outside on and don't want those umbrella ones as they are just too uncomfortable. We're in our 50s and nowaday realise (finally) cheap and good do not always go hand in hand so Im prepared to spend decent money.

To that end we've today tried the Outwell grand canyon Broken Link Removed at £95 each!! Dear but very comfy! Wondered if anyone had one or any alternatives that would be worth looking into?

Then of course BBQ's. Well, it is gonna be gas, that decisions made and again it appears the leader here is a cadac, its only for 2 of us and Im thinking of the little cadac safari chef 2 which looks like it would do the job? Again anyone got one or any viable alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Can't help with the chairs but the safari chef , we found that the sausage kept rolling off it no lip to keep things on the plate and the enamel kept flaking off around the handles , took it back to Costco and bought the grillo chef 2 instead.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Isabella Thor chairs (we also have foot rests). we have a Cadac for BBQ which we can use for general outside cooking as well as BBQ.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
So, we'll be getting the new motorhome in a few weeks and have a week off right after so the planning begins!!
We'll be using as much from our house as possible initially until we see what we NEED as opposed to what we think we need ie bedding, cutlery, etc etc etc.

But... we want some decent comfy and light seats for sitting outside on and don't want those umbrella ones as they are just too uncomfortable. We're in our 50s and nowaday realise (finally) cheap and good do not always go hand in hand so Im prepared to spend decent money.

To that end we've today tried the Outwell grand canyon Broken Link Removed at £95 each!! Dear but very comfy! Wondered if anyone had one or any alternatives that would be worth looking into?

Then of course BBQ's. Well, it is gonna be gas, that decisions made and again it appears the leader here is a cadac, its only for 2 of us and Im thinking of the little cadac safari chef 2 which looks like it would do the job? Again anyone got one or any viable alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Yvette has a Outwell Kenai folding chair I have a it's bigger brother the Outwell Grand Canyon. Having tried and had several other folding chair in the past, these Outwell's are keepers and for us, good value.

We have a Cadac Safari Chef 2, but have found the cooking area a little to small sometimes, so we bought and now use for the most part a Cadac 2 Cook 2 Pro which we find is very versatile because of the various options that you can set it up to cook on.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The Weber Q is a great option and Duckdalf for chairs, you won't regret it.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We have Isabellas for the seating and a cadac twin ring stove for everyday outside cooking and a Weber 2000 for the bbq. Both run from the outside gas tap (but not at same time😁)👍

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Recommend Weber Q1200 for BBQ
We’ve had our chairs for years don’t know what the make is.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Highly recommend and fabulous quality at a great price.

C073B116-B884-48BA-9EFA-1AC62B753CE7.jpeg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
a vote for the cadac safari chef, the downside though is that it really needs to be placed on a table so you can cook at a decent height, i have seen some after market legs for sale on ebay from time to time though ...

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Yvette has a Outwell Kenai folding chair I have a it's bigger brother the Outwell Grand Canyon. Having tried and had several other folding chair in the past, these Outwell's are keepers and for us, good value.

We have a Cadac Safari Chef 2, but have found the cooking area a little to small sometimes, so we bought and now use for the most part a Cadac 2 Cook 2 Pro which we find is very versatile because of the various options that you can set it up to cook on.
Kitted us out with the Outwell Kenai when I got the MH and never regretted it. Only downside is when you leave your chair one of your guests will be in it before you get back!

May 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail F70
We have both the Outwell chairs, the wider one and the “normal” one.. amazingly comfy and really good quality, love the moveable headrests.
To take my weight a chair needs to be trustworthy and i have to say after some serious testing, they fit the bill.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Outwell Kenai are the same as Grand Canyon but normal width (grand canyon are extra wide)
Maybe they should have called the normal one the Cheddar Gorge! 😄

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
I know the OP has set their heart on a gas bbq, but after years and years of gas bbqs, here’s a punt for charcoal. We have one similar to this:

It folds completely flat for storage, gives a good cooking area (we’ve cooked for 6) and if you use self-lighting lumpwood charcoal it’s a doddle. Light the bag and it’s ready in about 15 mins. Magic.

As it’s a charcoal bbq, you can take it wherever you want to cook. Walk to the beach for a sundowner meal, perch it on a harbour wall, etc.

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
With chairs the important thing is to try before you buy, this from someone who has bought many from folding ones to lafuma, current ones are Brunnen. Check weight and storage space. For bbq we have a small rectangular Cadac, forgot it’s name and an electric plate, but both mostly get left at home as can’t be bothered by fussing about. Again consider weight and storage, some of those mentioned are quite chunky

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I know the OP has set their heart on a gas bbq, but after years and years of gas bbqs, here’s a punt for charcoal. We have one similar to this:

It folds completely flat for storage, gives a good cooking area (we’ve cooked for 6) and if you use self-lighting lumpwood charcoal it’s a doddle. Light the bag and it’s ready in about 15 mins. Magic.

As it’s a charcoal bbq, you can take it wherever you want to cook. Walk to the beach for a sundowner meal, perch it on a harbour wall, etc.
Seconded!
Our BBQ is a pack flat like the one in your pic. The bag of charcoal doesn't pack so flat but that is still smaller than a gas bottle in our usage.

Can't you open the motorhome kitchen wide open and be like cooking on gas outside with the rings/grill? :LOL:
Seems a lot of effort to relocate a gas burner outside to cook with.
YMMV but BBQ = charcoal :rofl:

edit: OK, I concede that the cook is a little easier to talk to if they're with the guests cooking outside with them.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Just keep in mind that in many campsites in South of France that charcoal based (live flame) BBQ's aren't allowed.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Just keep in mind that in many campsites in South of France that charcoal based (live flame) BBQ's aren't allowed.
:think: So the distinction made is live flames are OK; rather than open flames? And the former means you need a flame controllable via a valve.
Good to know. Tnx

edit: had the logic for good/bad the wrong way round :doh:
Blimey, quite a lot of worm problems - I mean WORD! :( Should be right now :eek:

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
We have the same type of folding BBQ, and find it excellent! Another advantage is that, if you remove the grill, you can use it as an open fire with logs for the rest of the evening, without any damage to the ground.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Everybody knows a real bbq is a charcoal bbq!
Issues the amount of charcoal you need to lug around plus the residual heat once the cooking has finished. We really like the Lotus bbq, uses a mug full of charcoal, provides the flavour that charcoal provides and when it’s finished the charcoal is stone cold with 1/2 he tops. Another big benefit is you can cook directly on grass, on an outside table and move the bbq by hand once you have finished cooking. We love it.

Mar 30, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT 680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

We have a couple of Lafumas from Costco, they are very comfy.

<Broken link removed>

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
We have a couple of Quest Naples pro chairs. Very comfy. As for the BBQ, can’t go wrong with Cadac. Ours is the Carri Chef with a variety of different cooking surfaces. Great for breakfasts as well as bbq’s

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back