Anyone got recommendations for 1. folding chairs and 2. BBQ? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
So another update on the chairs this time.
So we just werent able to find anywhere else in our timeframe to try any of the suggested chairs and I wasn't buying sight unseen so today we've just picked up the pair of Outwell Kenai as they are more than adequate and comfy.
Just to note they are £70 each (fiver off) at Go outdoors but for some reason we got a 2 for 1 and saved another £20 at £120 the pair. Can't see any promotion locally or online but was a nice extra!

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
So another update on the chairs this time.
So we just werent able to find anywhere else in our timeframe to try any of the suggested chairs and I wasn't buying sight unseen so today we've just picked up the pair of Outwell Kenai as they are more than adequate and comfy.
Just to note they are £70 each (fiver off) at Go outdoors but for some reason we got a 2 for 1 and saved another £20 at £120 the pair. Can't see any promotion locally or online but was a nice extra!

Excellent chairs, that’s about what we paid, great price.

Jun 22, 2019
Durham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
BBQ I would recommend a Webber Go Anywhere gas BBQ. I needed one that was not to big and could fit easily in to the garage of the motorhome. It uses the small screw on canisters available from camping shops and Argos and the only assembly was attaching the handle. Once assembled the BBQ just fits back in its box with the handle sticking out which I then use to carry it and the cooking utensils I also store in the box. I had originally purchased what I thought was a small table top BBQ from Argos but when I got it home and fully assembled it found it massive and took up to much room. Good luck with finding everything you need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Cadac Grillo is a good size for two. Although we have all the cooking surfaces, we tend to use just the paella pan. Okay, it's not BBQing but outdoor cooking. However nothing falls off it, you can stir fry and you don't need to use the lid. Very clean and easy cooking.

Bant

Free Member
Jan 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseStarseeker
Exp
Since 2018
So, we'll be getting the new motorhome in a few weeks and have a week off right after so the planning begins!!
We'll be using as much from our house as possible initially until we see what we NEED as opposed to what we think we need ie bedding, cutlery, etc etc etc.

But... we want some decent comfy and light seats for sitting outside on and don't want those umbrella ones as they are just too uncomfortable. We're in our 50s and nowaday realise (finally) cheap and good do not always go hand in hand so Im prepared to spend decent money.

To that end we've today tried the Outwell grand canyon Broken Link Removed at £95 each!! Dear but very comfy! Wondered if anyone had one or any alternatives that would be worth looking into?

Then of course BBQ's. Well, it is gonna be gas, that decisions made and again it appears the leader here is a cadac, its only for 2 of us and Im thinking of the little cadac safari chef 2 which looks like it would do the job? Again anyone got one or any viable alternatives would be greatly appreciated.
We find these really good. Same job as the Cadac but alot cheaper. So versatile ..pan cooking,griddle,flat plate,bbq and the lid as a wok. Two types..one with canister and another for connecting to external gas point.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Weber Q1200 best BBQ small compact much better than the overrated cadac,very controllable heat settings and cooks amazing steaks, if you want a smoky taste to your meat put applewood chips in a small tinfoil pocket with top open it creates a great taste to the meat 🍖.when it smokes .

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Then there’s the Cobb. Sort of BBQ that works like an oven and pizza cooker , whole chickens , pizzas and steaks , with roasts as well . But not all at once . Can pick it up to move and it uses coconut fuel that is bio friendly dust when burnt out .

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
We have a couple of the original lightweight Lafumas, and footrests(which I am not sure are still available).

Also, a Safari Chef which can be a bit of a faff to get out, so we mainly use a George Foreman grill, as long as the site has enough ampage. It keeps smells out off the van.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Weber bbq every time if you can afford one. We have the 3000 sries at home. We have a Cadac but never use it now, just doesn’t get hot enough to griddle steaks etc. so in the van we use the cheap single burner type stove snd a good quality griddle pan, much better.

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
We need a new BBQ and we are looking at Camping Gas' new offering the Attitude 2100LX. Anyone got one yet and is it as good as it looks?

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
We find these really good. Same job as the Cadac but alot cheaper. So versatile ..pan cooking,griddle,flat plate,bbq and the lid as a wok. Two types..one with canister and another for connecting to external gas point.
For the money, and the amount of equipment it comes with, coupled with when you will ACTUALLY be using one , ie weather restrictions and practicality,and how often you will be away, this seems a very good buy for a gas BBQ.
Think I will look at this myself to compliment my charcoal , £50 lotus grill copy, and my £15 single gas ring canister stove.
Keeping it simple.👍🤗

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
a vote for the cadac safari chef, the downside though is that it really needs to be placed on a table so you can cook at a decent height, i have seen some after market legs for sale on ebay from time to time though ...
The Cadac has been great for us for over six years, sturdy, versatile, cooks well, with no problems.
We have bought the after market legs from the flea bay, and they work great, so no table needed apart from the one the wine is on.

Feb 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
La Strada
Exp
We bought Dukdalf chairs because they are available in differing leg lengths so if you're a perfect 5' 6" or a ridiculous 6' 5" there's a chair for you.

Viv Danks

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2017
Portskewett
Funster No
MH
Escape 684 & T6.1
Exp
Campervan since 2015 onwards - MH 2017-21
So for the two of us we use a Cadac Safari Sheff 2 (HP) and we love our Helinox chairs

For legs -

Blah Blah Bongo on Facebook - I got a set of legs from him for the Safari Chef 2 - they are excellent.....or we think so anyway.....

Last edited:

Viv Danks

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2017
Portskewett
Funster No
MH
Escape 684 & T6.1
Exp
Campervan since 2015 onwards - MH 2017-21
The Cadac has been great for us for over six years, sturdy, versatile, cooks well, with no problems.
We have bought the after market legs from the flea bay, and they work great, so no table needed apart from the one the wine is on.
Look for

Blah Blah Bongo on Facebook - I got a set of legs from him for the Safari Chef 2 - they are excellent.....or we think so anyway.....

Michael Rennison

Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Upton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 700mx
Exp
Since 2016
The Isabella Thor chairs are comfortable and the fact you can sit at a table and eat means you only need one set. The missus has the extension for relaxing. She misses the Lafuma Recliner with optional drinks tray which now is for the garden. Great for reclining but you need their Directors chairs to dine with. We've got the Cadac Carri Chef 2 - brilliant to cook on but heavy and awkward to fit in the garage. I also have the Safari Chef for cooking fish on - 15 years and still going strong. Much smaller and despite needing a 500ml gas canister I love it. The plan is to convert it from HP to LP so I can use Camping Gaz R907 refillable cylinders.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
For the amount of use my chairs and BBQ will get, think I’ll stick with my £24 for 4 folding camping chairs from Tesco, with Drinks holder, and my £50 Lotus copy lump wood charcoal BBW with cast Iron cooking plate, and a portable cartridge powered single gas ring, and a big Tower cooking pan with lid.
Does for me, and don’t care what it looks like.
I’ll be comfy and fed.
Simples.
Oh yes, and some pennies left to go to the pub.
Cheers 👍🍺!

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
The Isabella Thor chairs are comfortable and the fact you can sit at a table and eat means you only need one set. The missus has the extension for relaxing. She misses the Lafuma Recliner with optional drinks tray which now is for the garden. Great for reclining but you need their Directors chairs to dine with. We've got the Cadac Carri Chef 2 - brilliant to cook on but heavy and awkward to fit in the garage. I also have the Safari Chef for cooking fish on - 15 years and still going strong. Much smaller and despite needing a 500ml gas canister I love it. The plan is to convert it from HP to LP so I can use Camping Gaz R907 refillable cylinders.
Just done this to the Weber :)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Just done this to the Weber :)
Just wondering, but have you actually used the BBQ yet?
Is the conversion to LP from HP an actual authorised procedure by Weber?
If not, and you have not used it yet in its original, as supplied, out the box status, and it goes on to develop a fault whilst on LP, will your warranty not be invalid?
Heaven forbid such a piece of equipment however, should prove to have a manufacturers defect.
Just my thoughts.

Aug 18, 2017
Pretoria, South Africa
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2005
OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Just wondering, but have you actually used the BBQ yet?
Is the conversion to LP from HP an actual authorised procedure by Weber?
If not, and you have not used it yet in its original, as supplied, out the box status, and it goes on to develop a fault whilst on LP, will your warranty not be invalid?
Heaven forbid such a piece of equipment however, should prove to have a manufacturers defect.
Just my thoughts.
Not used it yet and no I don't believe the way I've done it is authorised at all. Weber provide their own conversion which goes from a cylinder into the already attached connector, of course they cost 60 quid or therabouts :-/

Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
What about considering one of these?
Comes in various sizes and colours.
Available from various outlets including a well known auction site

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
For those that are not at all interested in charcoal they might just open their eyes to have a look at this based on charcoal makes for a traditional bbq flavour rather than simply based on convenience of gas. Only uses a mug full of charcoal and is brilliant.
Only need to carry a very small bag of charcoal, easy to clean and you can bbq off a table (outside). But if gas is your thing!

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Yes can wholeheartedly recommend one of these for the traditionalist BBQ’ers amongst us, either the Original Lotus make or one of the variety of copy versions.
Simple, quick, clean and can be disassembled to all go in a dishwasher when home, as the battery operated fan and control battery box can be removed completely.
Hours of fun 👍😊
Oh, and my copy one has a cast iron cooking plate and cost a third of the price of the Lotus one.
Look for leisurewize Yoga Grill, and that is the correct spelling with a ‘Z’.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Not used it yet and no I don't believe the way I've done it is authorised at all. Weber provide their own conversion which goes from a cylinder into the already attached connector, of course they cost 60 quid or therabouts :-/
Personally, and each to their own, but is your conversion, whilst not authorised by Weber, safe?
I would not even attempt to modify anything connected to any Gas supply and certainly nothing in my Motorhome as I have no Gas Safety certificate compliance.
Just because a BBQ is generally used outside , any type using gas ,either separate cylinder or from a purpose built gas point on the Motorhome ,must have to be tested to a set safe standard.
Modding from the original manufacturers tested , and passed as safe specification could possibly be asking for trouble, or worse.
But only my opinion.
I’ll stick to charcoal. 😊

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Personally, and each to their own, but is your conversion, whilst not authorised by Weber, safe?
I would not even attempt to modify anything connected to any Gas supply and certainly nothing in my Motorhome as I have no Gas Safety certificate compliance.
Just because a BBQ is generally used outside , any type using gas ,either separate cylinder or from a purpose built gas point on the Motorhome ,must have to be tested to a set safe standard.
Modding from the original manufacturers tested , and passed as safe specification could possibly be asking for trouble, or worse.
But only my opinion.
I’ll stick to charcoal. 😊

As safe as a charcoal bbq for sure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back