Antidisestablishmentairianism (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
and there speaketh a man whos wonderful charming wife doesn't read these forums:ROFLMAO:

Oh oh you know me too well young sir :ROFLMAO:
You're so brave you write summat about her then an I'll tell her, then get ready for a horses head in your bed. :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We dont have the largest of leisure batteries and apparently nowhere to fit more..

We have one 110Ah.

At worst you would switch on the inverter charging your scooter, after a couple of hours run the genny for an hour, wait a few hours run the genny an hour. I can't put exact numbers on this but you should have an indicator to show how the leisure battery is doing.

Did you say "scooters" ? In which case the time between runs would be less.

BUT you would give people a good break between genny runs.

I hate to insult people's intelligence but try this.

You have a big water tank ( the leisure battery ). Your genny can fill it in two hours ( terms and conditions apply ).
One scooter charger can drain it in 5 hours.
So if you put scooter on charge then in 2 or 3 hours run the genny for an hour you can see that the genny is keeping the tank full and not making as much noise and for what it's worth saving petrol because the genny will be running less and at better efficiency.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
only need 2 areas at meets

Whingers and moaners area

and the

Live and let Live area

Fun rallies used to be just that ( live and let live), now they have changed and there is always someone that moans about something -
My Question is - are these folk really suited to meets and rallies where the attitude has always been [HI]live and let live[/HI], after all we all came to have fun, and it is usually only for around 3 to 4 nights

[HI]Tolerance [/HI]seems has gone from Fun over the last 12months

and that works both ways......tolerance, live and let live towards those that dont want to hear gennies going 10 hrs of a day (which seems to be the vast majority IMHO)

a simple solution could be that gennie users place the gennie where they are sitting and with the exhaust pointing at them....rather than the norm of pointing it away or on the other side of the van where the noise/smell affects their neighbours more than themslves:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
On a lighter note

I have just had an amazing vision

Entrepreneur Katie designing them and the Fun Shop selling them

BIG BRIGHT YELLOW SMILIE

Ear MUFFS

and

EAR PLUGS

Go katie go katie :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

The ear muffs could be used to keep funster ears warm at the winter meets too

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

and the

Live and let Live area

Fun rallies used to be just that ( live and let live), [HI]now they have changed and there is always someone that moans about something[/HI] -
My Question is - are these folk really suited to meets and rallies where the attitude has always been live and let live, after all we all came to have fun, and it is usually only for around 3 to 4 nights

Tolerance seems has gone from Fun over the last 12months

That is not the case at all Maggie, and I should know, I attend most. I have just spent 3 hours waving good bye to people at Chester who had a great time, the rest of the field is sat around chatting to each other right now.

And anyway there was only one moan at the Northern show last year, I remember it well. :RollEyes:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Am I right in thinking that EHUs were on offer at Chester, and not just in the "disabled section"?

I think it was Peter, however we didnt attend Chester and Im not well at the moment so going nowhere but hoping to be well enough for Peterborough.

Many of the motorhome shows do not offer EHU outside the disabled section.

Ive not known Peterborough, Malvern, Stratford or Lincoln to have EHU.

As another alternative, certainly if there were a few extra sockets near the toilet block (and fun is nearly always near a toilet block) people like me could use that to charge the scooter rather than run a genny. But I dont run my all day or every day

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
As another alternative, certainly if there were a few extra sockets near the toilet block (and fun is nearly always near a toilet block) people like me could use that to charge the scooter rather than run a genny. But I dont run my all day or every day

If you need to run a generator to charge a mobility scooter then just run one :Smile:

If some don't like it it's their problem, not yours.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
Sorry but I don't really understand what this is all about. I realise that people who need electricity to charge mobility scooters or medical equipment will need to use a gennie. But why do the rest of you? Our leisure battery will last 3 days and only needs a quick run out in the van to recharge. Would be interested to know what some of you folks have in your vans that we haven't!!!

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
If a genny fires up next to me I run out with a EHU lead and a adaptor .
" can I have some please "

Guilty users are happy to oblige , which means I don`t have to carry the things around for the odd charge.:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I bet you haven't set it low enough:ROFLMAO::winky:
That's your pocket money stopped, and you are grounded and no more of those mags under your bed...

I have it on good authority that Shifty will be busy heir hunting this weekend, that may involve you Graham. :roflmto:

Graham Hunting, that has a nice ring to it. 12 bore or Uzi? Yep, lets make sure. UZI it is.

That's not low, it's flamin' subterranean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hmmmm, Glossop and Bad Vilbel cross breeding jackboots eh....

sandrae

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Glastonbury
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Long time
Might the answer be for the organisers offer an overnight mobilty scooter charging facility at the EHU points, or would that be a problem in terms of security, insurance etc. at rally sites? That way scooter users could still camp with their friends but have their scooters properly recharged.

One music festival we go to offers this so it must be possible with a bit of organisation. Just a thought.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Might the answer be for the organisers offer an overnight mobilty scooter charging facility at the EHU points

One music festival we go to offers this so it must be possible with a bit of organisation. Just a thought.

Great idea, but how does the disabled person get back to wait for it to charge ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I've read this thread from start to finish and strangely for me, I have only one question - for GJH.

Hey Graham, I wanna know (oh-oh-oh-oh) if you love me so?

:ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

and the

Live and let Live area

Fun rallies used to be just that ( live and let live), now they have changed and there is always someone that moans about something -
My Question is - are these folk really suited to meets and rallies where the attitude has always been live and let live, after all we all came to have fun, and it is usually only for around 3 to 4 nights

Tolerance seems has gone from Fun over the last 12months

Just to put it into a little perspective, it was originally about a single RV that did not listen to noise complaints and needed a little guidance......... Everything else was OK and everybody had a good time (or at least those that can remember it). Most of this thread is about people having a light hearted dig at each other with some good pints thrown in for good measure.

Live and let live and almost everyone has a good time, though if I'm not in bed by 9.30 I get seriously grumpy the following day.......:thumb:

sandrae

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Glastonbury
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Long time
Great idea, but how does the disabled person get back to wait for it to charge ?

I have never used the service myself but friends have and this was the first question that I asked. The answer was that an able bodied friend has to collect the battery or the scooter for them. This is why I mentioned the subject of insurance. ::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just to put it into a little perspective, it was originally about a single RV that did not listen to noise complaints and needed a little guidance......... Everything else was OK and everybody had a good time (or at least those that can remember it). Most of this thread is about people having a light hearted dig at each other with some good pints thrown in for good measure.

Live and let live and almost everyone has a good time, though if I'm not in bed by 9.30 I get seriously grumpy the following day.......:thumb:

Can we look forward to some of these free bevies at Peterborough? :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

[HI]Live and let live and almost everyone has a good time, though if I'm not in bed by 9.30 I get seriously grumpy the following day.[/HI]......:thumb:

And there's me thinking that if you weren't in bed by 9:30 you would go home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
And there's me thinking that if you weren't in bed by 9:30 you would go home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes - the following morning. In a huff!*

*Actually in the van, but you know what I mean......:Doh:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Can we look forward to some of these free bevies at Peterborough? :ROFLMAO:

Bloody iPad keyboard!

As well as being a miserable git, I'm also as tight as a duck's bottom...... So the answer would be basically sod off and get yer own...............

.............glass!:winky:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bloody iPad keyboard!

As well as being a miserable git, I'm also as tight as a duck's bottom...... So the answer would be basically sod off and get yer own...............

.............glass!:winky:

Thanks, when we've supped up elsewhere we'll be round at 9.35 clinking our glasses. :roflmto:

Oh yes, I've made a note ....... Autosleeper Broadway.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Thanks, when we've supped up elsewhere we'll be round at 9.35 clinking our glasses. :roflmto:

Oh yes, I've made a note ....... Autosleeper Broadway.

No, it is really a Rapido........ Honest.......

You're welcome at (almost) any time:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having been to quite a few Funster meets over the years, but not as many as I would have liked due to other travel arrangements, I have had to resort to running a genny on occasion. One such occasion was several years ago when the Funster marquee genny gave up and I ran my 7.5 KVA twin cylinder Onan on the Tiffin to run the Funster marquee. The only complaint came from the venue security crew when at this point we realised it was well past midnight. Not one Funster complained until we had to turn my genny OFF :RollEyes:.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What's the noisiest generator you can buy?

for research purposes of course:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What's the noisiest generator you can buy?

for research purposes of course:thumb:

Kipor with a go faster cherry bomb exhaust. Am busy converting mine now. On second thoughts Chris has a cracker with a chain saw motor attached.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Can't fool us. You've shown too much good taste in your posts so far :roflmto:

No seriously - it isn't a Broadway it is a Rapido and you can easily tell by the personal registration SH11FTZ. I may or may not be wearing a red hat that looks suspiciously like it has been recently humped by a dog........:winky:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Me and several others have now moved or gone home to escape the noisy RV leaving them all alone to play with their Genny

AH Right an RV eh!!now we are getting to the crux of the matter.this is really an anti RV thread:roflmto::roflmto::Cool:
brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back