Antidisestablishmentairianism (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]generators and camping go together[/HI] if it's if they feel that badly abut it give up camping and book with Tomas cook :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"generators and camping go together" Yeah like a horse & carriage.....:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Camping & Gennies_800x498.jpg
    Camping & Gennies_800x498.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 42

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's a relief, I thought I'd have to leave the [HI]Dolce Gusto [/HI]at home and rely on Instant and the wife won't need 5 cans of hair spray after all. Now where's that Kipor I [STRIKE]nicked [/STRIKE]bought off Roadrunner. :Smile:

Have you tried the new Cortado capsules? Well I think they are new anyway.

One capsule per cup and rather nice.

Available in Sainsbury's but expensive on Amazon:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Have you tried the new Cortado capsules? Well I think they are new anyway.

One capsule per cup and rather nice.

Available in Sainsbury's but expensive on Amazon:thumb:

Yes, my favourite, Espresso Machiatto I think, I get them direct from the Dolce Gusto website, £3.68 a box of 16. Other stuff I get from Amazon on a Subscribe and Save, just cancel the odd month when I need to. :thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Seems to me this thread is not only turning into a anti generator feast but also in to an anti RV thread as well

Every one had different needs and generators are a part of those needs. As Brian said gennies are a part of the hobby we all enjoy. We have and do marshal or assist at many events per year - there is always someone who has to complain and they seem to think that the marshal is personally responsible for the problem whether its dog poo outside their door or the wind blowing in the wrong direction from the nearby farm yard. Believe me I have had some weird complaints over the years.

We have had people insist they are parked away from all generators and they have then ended up as Billy no mates in a corner and you do wonder why they came to a meet when they do not want to join in.

If you are finding its all the RV's that are the problem then may I suggest you point them at the sister site to this on www.rvoc.co.uk where they will be made very welcome with their generators. We have some great meets many at the same locations as the Fun crowd.

Marshalling - bear in mind your marshals do it for free - they put a lot of effort into making sure you have a good time - try and iron out all the wrinkles for you before you find them - make sure everyone complies with the few rules there are. If they did not do it you might not be able to rally - instead of generating problems ( pun intended ) why not offer to help out - wander round with the marshals meeting all and sundry not just your few mates and you might understand more about each persons needs.

Just a few thoughts :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I thought you were on hookup!

On hookup with charger switched OFF. I like to work my batteries, not let them sit on float charge. Float charging without de-sulphate kills batteries. Have proved it as mine are now over 3 years old and still as good as new. I checked the levels about 3 weeks ago and they have never had to be topped up. My solar regulator has a de-sulphate mode built in. Quality van Dave :Cool:.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
But it was on for a lot more than a couple of hours from what I understand. And for several days. As I say one person complaining may be just that they are too sensitive. When three complain (and go to the trouble of moving) then the problem is with the genny owner IMHO.

It must have been obvious to the owner that he was doing something wrong, when he saw his neighbours moving. And a 5.5KVa genny (according to Jim) is a big noisy beast even on a building site, which is really what they are designed for.

ok if it was annoying a few ppl but why didnt they complain to the owner instead of moaning on here about it :Smile:

and also define a noisy generator thats what the thread was regarding

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
This thread is funny ::bigsmile:

I don't use a genny but going to a rally and expecting it to be quiet. Really?

I mean fair enough if you book onto a nice little site for a long weekend for a quiet break, but a rally?

I would imagine most expect noise at all hours at a meet like this?

I would suggest that instead of trying to segregate genny users/parties/kids etc, the ones that want quiet would be better off asking to be sited in a separate area 50 metres away from any noise?

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I think that at all future meets we should ban the following:

Generators
TVs
Radios
Outside lights
Dogs
Cats
Barbecues
Children
Alcohol
Plus: No noise whatsoever between 10pm & 9am.

That should keep moaning down :RollEyes:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
ok if it was annoying a few ppl but why didnt they complain to the owner instead of moaning on here about it :Smile:

and also define a noisy generator thats what the thread was regarding

They did - 3 of them complained directly and got nowhere so had to move. Jim had to get involved. Have you not read the thread?

As for noise, the quietest generator is the one lots have suggested - a solar panel.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
IMO segregation neither needed nor wanted. Sensible use of sensible generators (and I will even go so far as to include Kipors under that heading :winky:) is fine. Selfish and prolonged use of ultra-noisy generators is not - whether they are RV or builder's generators is irrelevant. A little respect and a little common sense is all that's needed. :RollEyes:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Generators
TVs
Radios
Outside lights
Dogs
Cats
Barbecues
Children
Alcohol
Plus: No noise whatsoever between 10pm & 9am.

No! It is 9.30 pm and also 10 am - Dawn likes a lie in..............

Oh, and ban all Motorhomes as well. They make a noise when they arrive and depart.

Ooh........ Let's go sleep in a tent :Blush:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yes i did read the thread the bits i wanted to as for a solar panel as i stated it wont run duff batteries or did u not read that bit :Smile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Then you need to use the right technique.

The genny cannot charge the scooter quickly because the charger has a low output. The genny can charge your leisure battery quite quickly.

So you charge your scooter from an inverter off your leisure battery, this will still take hours.

You then top up your leisure battery with your genny, this will take an hour.

Simples.

Tried that before and it didnt work leaving me without the scooter to use.

but thanks for the suggestion. At the end of the year when it goes into Johns Cross for some work, I will get them to try to come up with something, in the meantime sorry folks, if I need to run the genny I will do xxxxx

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

and also [HI]define a noisy generator thats [/HI]what the thread was regarding

I heard it for the first time this morning, I would define it not as noisy, rather in the vernacular, it was "F****ng Noisy":Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Tried that before and it didnt work leaving me without the scooter to use.

Then you did not do it properly. Or your leisure batteries are suspect. Seek advice.

I do the same to charge our electric bikes except solar or driving to next site tops up the leisure battery.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Generators
TVs
Radios
Outside lights
Dogs
Cats
Barbecues
Children
[HI]Alcohol
[/HI]Plus: No noise whatsoever between 10pm & 9am.

[HI]???[/HI]
[HI]
Phillistine!
[/HI]
You'll be wanting to ban the Sunday morning prayer service in honour of the bacon buttie god next.:Angry:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Bloody hell glad we didn't come sounds like real Fun.
Don't park near me cos I run my genny everyday for all of 5 minutes so my missus can dry her golden locks. And I'd rather tell someone to bugger off than have her bending my ear all day plus I cant be seen with a scruffy bird. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Bloody hell glad we didn't come sounds like real Fun.
Don't park near me cos I run my genny everyday for all of 5 minutes so my missus can dry her golden locks. And I'd rather tell someone to bugger off than have her bending my ear all day plus I cant be seen with a scruffy bird. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and there speaketh a man whos wonderful charming wife doesn't read these forums:ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
only need 2 areas at meets

Whingers and moaners area

and the

Live and let Live area

Fun rallies used to be just that ( live and let live), now they have changed and there is always someone that moans about something -
My Question is - are these folk really suited to meets and rallies where the attitude has always been live and let live, after all we all came to have fun, and it is usually only for around 3 to 4 nights

Tolerance seems has gone from Fun over the last 12months

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Then you did not do it properly. Or your leisure batteries are suspect. Seek advice.

I do the same to charge our electric bikes except solar or driving to next site tops up the leisure battery.

We dont have the largest of leisure batteries and apparently nowhere to fit more. Thats why when it goes into Johns Cross at the end of the year Im going to get them to see if something else can be done.

It would however be great if EHU could be offered to large groups like FUN at motorhome shows as I really dont want to park in the disabled area (no offence) just to use the charging facilities they provide when I get to the stage I am a permanent wheelchair/mobility scooter user.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A little respect and a little common sense is all that's needed. :RollEyes:

Across the board in this brave new world those are two of the scarcest of commodities.

Trading today the currency rate is:

1 Respect buys 12,700 Don't_Give_a_Sh$ts.
1 Common sense buys 92 Too_Thick_Understands.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back