LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We pulled on to a CL to be told "You are not allowed to empty your cassette as you are only staying one night"
The place was actually quite nice but that put us off ever going back, are we wrong?

How would emptying affect the owners unless they were on a tank 🤷‍♂️

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Or even better, we are aware of the housing market going mad at present a house that was advertised at one price, then went 'under offer' for a few days and has now popped back up on the internet as ' reduced' to £20.000 more than the original listing. Work that one out
I was asked would I be reconsidering the property, doh NO.
They learned that from supermarket rollbacks

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It’s the principle and the cheek of seeing the van and then upping the price !
If you booked at a price that’s the contract!
I wonder if they knock a £ off if you turn up in a swift 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I look at it this way, he though he got one over on me, yet I got my laundry dried double quick and felt less aggrieved about having to pay more than the original quote just because we have a nice motorhome. He’s happy I’m happy. Job done.
I suppose the question is ...would you still have dried your laundry this way at the original £15 pn?

I mean i dont use sites but if i did it would solely be so i could use the electric etc and id be inclined to use everything possible. In fact id drink twice as much just to get full use of the toilet 🤣

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We had a change of travel plans are now back in the north west leaving the beautiful welsh coast.
I rang a cl yesterday and got 3 nights booked £15 a night including electric hook up , very happy.
On arrival we have been asked for £16 a night it was a little rude as the statement was it’s cheap, clearly you can afford it, it was definitely £15 but hey ho.
We have to be here otherwise I would have told them to stick it.
Currently sat with every light on and the heating on full whack with every window open, I think I will get my extra £3 worth at least.
In our defence we are drying 3 loads of laundry.
Am I been petty or am I justified.
Ah but can you afford it Mr porky,? or is it like so many others just a pretense. Most of us could be driving such a camper as yours but not all of us could afford to use it. :unsure: :giggle:

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Reminds me of a time when I did a job for a very affluent, famous rugby player. I was recovering from a broken heel at the time.

he wanted to pay cash, the job was £399. He was delighted with the work. Gave me £400. I said I don’t have a pound but I had some change in my van. I had to go down 3 flights of stairs from his apartment, back up 3 and down again. For a lousy quid.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Reminds me of a time when I did a job for a very affluent, famous rugby player. I was recovering from a broken heel at the time.

he wanted to pay cash, the job was £399. He was delighted with the work. Gave me £400. I said I don’t have a pound but I had some change in my van. I had to go down 3 flights of stairs from his apartment, back up 3 and down again. For a lousy quid.
I get this every day delivering takeaways ...people order £39.90 of food and they will wait for 10p change usually flash cars private plates and big houses. Deliver a £6.50 haggis supper to a council flat and its £10 keep the change.

The more folk have the tighter they become it would seem

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi Folks,
Many years ago we rocked up at a CL and the owner started to go mad because we filled our water tank with fresh water. "We are on a meter and you don't need all that water if you use the shower block", she said. I pointed out that we used our own shower, not least because we did not want to pay for the tokens she was selling.
We were with family and I did not want to make a fuss, but I did point out that 100lts of water cost her a few pennies on the meter.
I think she was just having a bad day.
However, I did make sure we left the site with a full tank - for the next stage of our trip.

D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I get this every day delivering takeaways ...people order £39.90 of food and they will wait for 10p change usually flash cars private plates and big houses. Deliver a £6.50 haggis supper to a council flat and its £10 keep the change.

Or is it the tighter they are the more they have?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

Or people get it by being tight?

I shall always be poor :crying:

• Funny
Reactions: f6c

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Maybe because the folk in the council flat are spending other peoples money? :imoutahere:

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

The stories I could tell ….

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Or is it the tighter they are the more they have?
Maybe because the folk in the council flat are spending other peoples money? :imoutahere:
The stories I could tell ….
It could be all of the above thats true. But theres definitely a pattern ... The worst ive had was £79.14 worth of pizzas etc to a large detached house ..bmw in the drive with CUT--- personal plate another with TRM___ hairdresser details on both .

Rang bell 3 or 4 times ...knocked etc ... could hear all the giggling and loud chat from inside ...barbie finally answered ..no apologies for taking ages etc asks how much ...i tell her she then says oh hang on i might have the change ... dissapeared back in the house and i can hear her asking if anyone had 4p ...another few minutes and she comes out with £80 and 14p and says ive got the 14 if you give me a pound back ..
I couldn't quite believe it ....i handed her the pound and the 14p back and said you keep it i think you need it more than me

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Septic tank was quoted - still doesn't make it right though.
A campsite we go to in Cornwall fairly regularly has to empty its black waste tank out every 10 days in high season - at something like £300 a time.

But I would be miffed at not being allowed to dump because we were only staying overnight.

Grey waste on the site we are on in Hereford at the moment is easily disposed of - "chuck it in the hedge" they say. :)

But black waste goes down a proper drain - and probably into the local sewage system I suspect.

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just noticed in the June CMC magazine on the CL site update page a note on the RHS about nightly fees. Its says fees may differ from the published directory if something has changed (facilities or owners) at it is essential to confirm the current fees when booking!

personally £3 over 3 nights is not worth getting upset about but if there is a trend to increase prices without justification and taking advantage of the demand for staycations then its worth complaining to the club.

In the mean time its worth checking prices first.

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
To be honest we don’t struggle if we are not on ehu, but if it’s included we use the leccy.
As very much a generalisation and I know its an impossible answer but...... how long would a leisure battery last without a chrage for say, lights, water pump and heating?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As very much a generalisation and I know its an impossible answer but...... how long would a leisure battery last without a chrage for say, lights, water pump and heating?
Ours would last 2 or 3 days without moving as long as we are used water heating but not the space heater as thats a diesel one that uses a lot of battery on start up

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
We had a change of travel plans are now back in the north west leaving the beautiful welsh coast.
I rang a cl yesterday and got 3 nights booked £15 a night including electric hook up , very happy.
On arrival we have been asked for £16 a night it was a little rude as the statement was it’s cheap, clearly you can afford it, it was definitely £15 but hey ho.
We have to be here otherwise I would have told them to stick it.
Currently sat with every light on and the heating on full whack with every window open, I think I will get my extra £3 worth at least.
In our defence we are drying 3 loads of laundry.
Am I been petty or am I justified.
I don’t understand why you needed to dry laundry???🤷‍♀️

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
No mention of staying in Shrewsbury, must have been the most expensive staycation ever......SH300 now in the garage! Bit more than £30 a night there boys! :LOL:

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Probably don’t want to wear it wet, or put it away wet. Don’t you dry your laundry? I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t dry their laundry.
Maybe I should have said why would you want to do your laundry if you where away.Also if he brought it wet where was he hoping to do it if hadn’t been charged 1.00 extra per night 🤦‍♀️

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Maybe I should have said why would you want to do your laundry if you where away.Also if he brought it wet where was he hoping to do it if hadn’t been charged 1.00 extra per night 🤦‍♀️
We don’t all have enough clothes for perhaps three or four months without washing them. Some motorhome owners carry washing machines, some do hand washing, some use the site washing machines. Which ever way one washes ones clothes they still (in my world at least) need drying. Not many have the wardrobe space for a few months clothing.

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Sorry my mistake didn’t realise he was away for 3-4 months.Still wouldn’t have done 3 loads in one go tho.But wouldn’t do for us all to be the same would it 😬

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Sorry my mistake didn’t realise he was away for 3-4 months.Still wouldn’t have done 3 loads in one go tho.But wouldn’t do for us all to be the same would it 😬
We had passed our permanent storage site earlier in the day. We have a washing machine plumbed in which washes the clothes better than the laundry’s on campsite, so we took the opportunity to bring ourselves up to scratch with nice clean bedding,towels,and clothes . We are quite lucky that we have space to hang on hangers our clothes and those clever little octopus things from IKEA to take smalls.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
No mention of staying in Shrewsbury, must have been the most expensive staycation ever......SH300 now in the garage! Bit more than £30 a night there boys! :LOL:
Ahh but the cost of having my husband not complain to me about the uncomfortable seat on the address 110 scooter is priceless.
😂😂👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back