Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well my temporary repair didn't work ....drove from Santander to almost bilbao trying to find a closed petrol station or a motorway flyover I could park under and had no luck ...It's still leaking so I need to take the vent off and try and reseal it but doesn't look like I'm gonna get that done today as rain still on

I'm parked in a wee village under some trees ....Weather forecast looks a little drier here tomorrow morning so I might get a chance then ...for now it's buckets under the drip ?

I knew the sealant I got from caravan place was shit ...but I haven't had any heavy rain from may till late September.

Why it picked last night to start leaking is anyone's guess

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Well my temporary repair didn't work ....drove from Santander to almost bilbao trying to find a closed petrol station or a motorway flyover I could park under and had no luck ...It's still leaking so I need to take the vent off and try and reseal it but doesn't look like I'm gonna get that done today as rain still on

I'm parked in a wee village under some trees ....Weather forecast looks a little drier here tomorrow morning so I might get a chance then ...for now it's buckets under the drip ?

I knew the sealant I got from caravan place was shit ...but I haven't had any heavy rain from may till late September.

Why it picked last night to start leaking is anyone's guess
I would expect shit wouldn't be a good sealant.:D

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
just what I was going to say.
It's leaking where it's sealed to the roof the roof is soaking

I run sealant around it earlier and that didn't work.

It's supposed to be dry for a bit tomorrow I'll remove the vent and reseal it.

Will just have to drip on to bucket meantime

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Tam collecting water in a bowl is taking free loading to another level is it not. :LOL: On a serious note that looks like more of a steady flow rather than a drip. Hope you get it sorted before you leave Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam collecting water in a bowl is taking free loading to another level is it not. :LOL: On a serious note that looks like more of a steady flow rather than a drip. Hope you get it sorted before you leave Spain.
I'll hopefully get it resealed in morning , it's typical it didn't stop raining all day till it got dark and not rained since but I'm not doing it in the dark lol.
I only need an hour dry and should be sorted ....

Hopefully then I need a laundarette to dry everything

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well it was dry this morning so I went up and removed skylight took all the sealant off and used the mastic on a roll I had instead and see if that does a better job.
Will soon find out when it rains again.

BUT

In true Toby fashion there's always something else starts playing up

This morning my control panel is flashing charge! And showing my leisure batteries at 0% but 12.2v

I don't know if this panel has a built in thing where you have to hook up to electric every so often as it has done this a few times

Or if it's knackered either way I'm starting to get peed off with the amount of stupid things going wrong ..I feel I'm constantly fixing something and I've still a list of things I need fixed when home. I wish it would just give me a break

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Well it was dry this morning so I went up and removed skylight took all the sealant off and used the mastic on a roll I had instead and see if that does a better job.
Will soon find out when it rains again.

BUT

In true Toby fashion there's always something else starts playing up

This morning my control panel is flashing charge! And showing my leisure batteries at 0% but 12.2v

I don't know if this panel has a built in thing where you have to hook up to electric every so often as it has done this a few times

Or if it's knackered either way I'm starting to get peed off with the amount of stupid things going wrong ..I feel I'm constantly fixing something and I've still a list of things I need fixed when home. I wish it would just give me a break

Bring back frankie all is forgiven ?

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
It had it's probs too and was £23k dearer than Toby lol

Most of it's maintenance stuff but it's annoying that something needs fixed every other week grrrrrr

That maintenance stuff will keep your mind of intimate encounters
and out of trouble ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It had it's probs too and was £23k dearer than Toby lol

Most of it's maintenance stuff but it's annoying that something needs fixed every other week grrrrrr
That's motorhomes for you..BUSBY??

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Did you set up the panel correctly when you fitted new batteries?
I did yeah ...It's done this about 3 times since I left the UK.

It seems if I connect to electric hook up it goes off or on one occasion a very sunny day it did.

Batteries have plenty power but panel currently showing 9% And 12.5v

like I said before I'm not sure if panel faulty ebl faulty or both faulty ?‍♂️

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I crossed over from irun in to France this morning .....2 miles from border stopped by 3 gendarmes, first time I've ever been stopped and searched , he was In every compartment and locker toilet wardrobe and even the fridge lol , nice enough guys spoke good English. Asked if I was heading home before brexit....I just rolled my eyes..

Then I got lost in Biarritz trying to find a parking spot but had no luck and lost patience so I've just arrived In dux where I'll have lunch and decide whether to stop over or move on.

Weather's crap ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yep and you have 2 sets of muddy paws to clean now, you should have left Jade with us when you had the chance:LOL:
Yer no gettin my dug no matter how much you try to pinch her
20191023_094043.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right well that's my eurotunnel crossing booked for Sunday 3rd November 09.50
So I've 10 days to travel up from dax to Calais. I'm not sure which way I want to go ....but would be nice to actually see something on the way .....castles etc so any reccomendation welcome. I also need dogs wormed preferably on Fri 1st or thursday 31st will do can't rememver the name of the place I used last year

No toll roads obviously ?

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Right well that's my eurotunnel crossing booked for Sunday 3rd November 09.50
So I've 10 days to travel up from dax to Calais. I'm not sure which way I want to go ....but would be nice to actually see something on the way .....castles etc so any reccomendation welcome. I also need dogs wormed preferably on Fri 1st or thursday 31st will do can't rememver the name of the place I used last year

No toll roads obviously ?
You could pass through the Dordogne. Sarlat is scenic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back